Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I just want this Bolton game to come. Biggest game for years. As it is Wolves cant mathematically cant catch us. Blackburn would have to get 7 or 9 points to catch us, and still have to go to Stamford Bridge. So a draw against Bolton and Villa can officially claim safety in my opinion.

Not so sure about "officially claiming" as we could still be caught by Bolton, Wigan & QPR but we could definately breath a little easier as it would make it very tough for Blackburn & Bolton then.

I make it if we draw with Bolton:

Blackburn would need 7 points from 3

Bolton would need 7 from 4

QPR would have to beat Stoke & get a point at either Chelsea or Man City

Wigan would be 3 behind

So for me we really need to beat Bolton & then i would relax

AFTER LOSING 2-0 TONIGHT AGAINST MAN CITY WOLVES ARE OFFICIALLY RELEGATED!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troon Villain. Why not elaborate rather then laugh. Or are you one of the forum members peeing your pants every night that the club is going down. If the Bolton game is a draw, that will be 6 point gap to them with 3 to play. Wolves cant catch us and Blackburn are way behind.

I think he's laughing at the fact that you stated that something was official and your opinion in the same sentence.

Correct, no offence intended btw, it just made me chuckle!

Oh, and it's villan.

Blamange No ?

The word blancmange derives from Old French blanc mangier. The name "whitedish" is a modern term used by some historians, though the name historically was either a direct translation from or a calque of the Old French term. Many different local or regional terms were used for the dish in the Middle Ages:

English: blancmanger, blankmanger, blank maunger, blomanger, blamang

Catalan: 'am (medieval), menjar blanc

Portuguese: manjar branco

Italian: bianco mangiare

Spanish: manjar blanco

Dutch/Flemish: blanc mengier

German: blamensir

Latin: albus cibus, esus albus

Radio WM said this morning that relegation has cost Wolves tens of millions.

How much further could we cut wages if we end up in the same boat.

A hell of a lot more. Plus many staff and other such expenses would probably need to be cut.

Sadly, I think the player wage bill will be still require further cost cutting even if we manage to stay in the Prem, as I imagine that the finance department were probably forecasting and advising as if we were to finish the season in the top-half of the table...

Radio WM said this morning that relegation has cost Wolves tens of millions.

How much further could we cut wages if we end up in the same boat.

A hell of a lot more. Plus many staff and other such expenses would probably need to be cut.

Sadly, I think the player wage bill will be still require further cost cutting even if we manage to stay in the Prem, as I imagine that the finance department were probably forecasting and advising as if we were to finish the season in the top-half of the table...

Surely to God Randy has more ambition that that? Please stop this sort of talk. It makes far too much sense and gives me a rationale for appointing the current man in charge. There seems to be nobody beter at taking clubs down. :lol:

Isn't it about £1m a place in the PL Standings ?

So lets say optimistically we finish 16th, thats a like for like decline on income vs last year of approx £8m which is almost 10% of turnover

Thats a massive hit

If it's around the 800k mark for each place, starting from the bottom, Villa will get £4.8m if they manage to stay in 16th place. Reduce it by 800k each place they drop. No doubts this money will be transfer money, as it usually is, so McLeish is cutting his own throat again and has no excuses for the lack of money he'll get in the summer if he hasn't been sacked for doing a shocking job.

Plus the compensation we paid Blues as well. Good thing Lerner and Faulkner have cost-cutting as a primary KPI.

And someone said we wouldn't we have paid Everton £7m for Moyes. Money well saved if you ask me.

Really fearing the drop now.