Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even think QPR will catch us. I can see them getting a maximum of four points in their remaining fixtures, which would leave us ahead on goal difference. Giving them four points is being kind too, as they really do have some tough fixtures coming up. I would go as far as saying that QPR are the most likely team to be dragged into that bottom three.

Wolves have pretty much gone so they're not even worth worrying about in the slightest.

Then there are Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan. They won't all catch us so I'm pretty confident that we're safe.

I wish people would stop saying "Wigan and QPR wont get many more points" Wigan are picking up points for a joke right now. Who would've bet they would beat Liverpool, Stoke and Man United? I can't see how people are so calm and sure we will make it out of this shit mess.

I do think we need to win two games, if not it could be a final day scrap.

McLosin has won 33 of 131 in the PL. Fancy two more from the next 6?

If he has anything about him we should win at least one. I have no confidence in our manager though, the best we can hope for is for the players to take it upon themselves.

Doubt it also to be honest. We'll be relying on others.

Before I get shot down I must state that like most I blame no one but mcleish for the mess we are in. We shouldn't be here but we are! That said, I mean this no way to defend him, but does anyone feel things are conspiring against us? As I say we have only mcleish to blame, but I just have a horrible feeling that its not meant to be!

the only surprise result is 3 points for wigan and we still have a healthy lead. Not that that will stop the blind panic until we're mathematically safe i suppose.

We'll get hit by united sure, but after that weve got more than enough point taking games to see us safe.

Well I did put money on us going down before the games tonight and got 25-1. Only 30 quid but if we do go down, I've got 750 to go on a nice holiday.

I never, EVER win any money, so you can all rest assured that I have paid 30 quid to guarantee our top flight status.

Before I get shot down I must state that like most I blame no one but mcleish for the mess we are in. We shouldn't be here but we are! That said, I mean this no way to defend him, but does anyone feel things are conspiring against us? As I say we have only mcleish to blame, but I just have a horrible feeling that its not meant to be!

Conspiring against us? What, like Wigan and QPR having more bottle and battle than us? I just think we're shit JP. This is the worst Villa team I have even watched. I have been watching since 1976.

I'm confident that we wont go down, having looked at our games, the point difference and the games the other teams have left.

It is however depressing and totally unacceptable that we are even talking about relegation at this time of the season. Absolutely pathetic how this club is run and how terrible we've been all season. This season is slowly killing my enthusiasm for football and another season with McLeish will be unbearable to watch.

With McLeish in charge, relegation is a possibility but I still think we'll scrape to safety at the moment. As I say, it wouldn't surprise me if we weren't safe with two games to go which is an absolute disgrace.

No. You make your own luck. Had we actually tried to win games when we had a fully fit squad we'd be safe by now.

I'm confident that we wont go down, having looked at our games, the point difference and the games the other teams have left.

The problem with that is, lose heavily against Man United on Sunday and we will see the goal difference advantage quickly disappear. An early goal at Old Trafford and I think it could be an embarrassing scoreline.

The problem with that is, lose heavily against Man United on Sunday and we will see the goal difference advantage quickly disappear. An early goal at Old Trafford and I think it could be an embarrassing scoreline.

We would need to lose by around eight goals for it to have any impact. I know we're bad but come on!

Conspiring against us? What, like Wigan and QPR having more bottle and battle than us? I just think we're shit JP. This is the worst Villa team I have even watched. I have been watching since 1976.[/quote)

I agree we are not good, and others are hitting form and fighting for their lifes, unlike ourselves. Just everytime I think someone will do us a favour it goes the opposite way. We shouldn't rely on favours but as you say this is the worst villa a generation and favours we need. We just ain't getting them. Just feel desperate, helpless and very worried!

We would need to lose by around eight goals for it to have any impact. I know we're bad but come on!

You seem to be forgetting its not just about goals score against us.

It isn't unthinkable that we get 4 put past us and our rivals win by a couple.