Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland, Bolton, West Brom are all key games now. I can't see us taking anything from Man United, Spurs, Norwich.

I really have no idea how this is going to pan out but i do fear for the worst.

I don't expect us to be relegated purely because it is a huge ask for three teams to win enough games to get above us. It's not impossible though, as all the teams below us (except Wolves) are showing far more desire and will to win than we are at the moment.

3 winnable games. Take you negative glasses off. They are winnable. And I have "need" down all season!

They are mid table teams with not a lot to play for. Just like Swansea were tonight.

West Bromwich at home = Loss (winnable game)

Swansea City at home = Loss (they had not won a away game all season)

QPR at home = 2-2 draw (lucky to even get away with a draw)

There was three winnable games for you.

I'm just being realistic. I just can't see where 3 wins are going to come from.

Exactly. People are focusing on us and forgetting that those other teams would need to catch us.

No they aren't, peoples concerns this evening are based on this very thing.

Then they should look at the bigger picture. We are still in the same position as we were before the results tonight. Plus the gap is still the same. Not much has changed in the grand scheme of things.

Apart from the fact that those teams below us now have one less game to catch us...

Sunderland, Bolton, West Brom are all key games now. I can't see us taking anything from Man United, Spurs, Norwich.

Sunderland - Draw

Bolton - win

West Brom - draw

Man United - loss

Spurs - draw

Norwich - draw

People are getting a ''squeaky bum'', including me, because the way we play, i cannot see us winning another game!!!

I can see us getting 3 draws though

Can you see Bolton picking up ten points?

I couldnt see Wigan getting 3 wins out of the last 4 games or 16 points out of the last 10.

I hope you are right though....i just cant help but worry!!!

Sunderland - Draw

Bolton - win

West Brom - draw

Man United - loss

Spurs - draw

Norwich - draw

I think that is rather optimistic to be honest Bicks, just one loss from our remaining 6 games?

Blackburn are struggling, Bolton too. I think QPR will catch us, and Wigan will remain consitently unpredictable. So, unless Blackburn/Bolton find some form I think we'll just about sneak safety with the others.

But it is a crazy league at the minute, so who knows. I do think we need to win two games, if not it could be a final day scrap.

Sunderland - Draw

Bolton - win

West Brom - draw

Man United - loss

Spurs - draw

Norwich - draw

I think that is rather optimistic to be honest Bicks, just one loss from our remaining 6 games?

Its no different to our form from the last 6 games against pretty similar opposition too, in fact the last 6 games were harder

It's not inconceivable that we won't win another game this season - though personally I reckon we'll get at least one more win - but I don't see us losing the remainder of our games either.

A lott has been made about our failure to beat L'pool or Stoke but we didn't lose those games either. 2 or 3 draws would be enough. It won't be pretty but we're scrape the points needed to stay up and I suspect we'll be safe sooner than we were last season.

In terms of the relegation scrap I'd much rather be in our position than any of the teams below us.