Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Last season RL had to spend 18 million on Bent to keep us in this league, this season we don't have that luxury. And to those who believe "the law of averages" states we will pick up points between now and the end of the season have clearly not been paying attention to the form of the likes of Liverpool and Wolves recently.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season RL had to spend 18 million on Bent to keep us in this league, this season we don't have that luxury. And to those who believe "the law of averages" states we will pick up points between now and the end of the season have clearly not been paying attention to the form of the likes of Liverpool and Wolves recently.

I'm sure SHA fans felt the same. Yet for all their so-called 'battlers', they went down without a whimper.

They lost 5 out of the last 6 games and only scored 4 goals. Wouldn't surprise me if we mirrored it.

personally I believe wolves are already down, So it will be 2 other clubs. I dont have a clue what 2 clubs it will be, Wigan winning 2 on the trott, Bolton Beating Wolves Away.. We have to pray Man utd beat blackburn tonight,otherwise it look even a worse situation that it already is.

I dont think I am exaggerating when I say that home game against Stoke City is one of the most important games in the clubs recent history

Remember the last time this sentence rang true, what a difference three years makes :shock:

We should get a point at the tramps
We should? What makes you think we'll do that?

Have we ever beat Stoke since they've been in the Premier League? I cant remember doing so...
Once in December 2009.

I'm sure SHA fans felt the same. Yet for all their so-called 'battlers', they went down without a whimper.

They lost 5 out of the last 6 games and only scored 4 goals. Wouldn't surprise me if we mirrored it.

This is my fear^^

We do not have a first team with the experience that those Blues players had last season and look what happened to them! Or, maybe the younger players will get us out of the shit to prove a point to those at the helm that THEY are the ones worthy of wearing the shirt and not the old brigade who think they should be the first names on the team sheet just because they earn the most!

Either way, this is going to be a very nervy end to the season for everyone Villa. Surprisingly though, I feel more up for the battle cheering on the kids than I would be cheering on the senior pros.

The bookies odds aren't there for no reason. We're currently 12/1 to go down. Meaning it's about a 1 in 13 chance of us going down according to the people that make money from these sort of things. People have got to look at this realistically. There's less than a 10% chance of us going down.

Stop panicking people!

The bookies odds aren't there for no reason. We're currently 12/1 to go down. Meaning it's about a 1 in 13 chance of us going down according to the people that make money from these sort of things. People have got to look at this realistically. There's less than a 10% chance of us going down.

Stop panicking people!

Weren't it 25/1 before this weekend or something like that? It's dropping further and further as the weeks go on.

Stop panicking people!

Odds don't mean shit. People said QPR run in meant they would defiantly go down. They have beat Arsenal and Liverpool since.

Stop panicking people!

Weren't it 25/1 before this weekend or something like that? It's dropping further and further as the weeks go on.

Still, it's gone from a 4% chance to an 8% chance. Still very unlikely we'll go down. Who do you think knows more, the experts or us random punters?

If odds are as rubbish as you think, you should be a millionaire by your logic. If we're such certs to go down, why don't you put your mortgage on us at 12/1. Great profit.

Just take a look at the other teams around us, they are all getting results. Our team is injury hit. A couple of weeks ago it didn't really pass my mind we could even get relegated, now i can't stop thinking about it. Sure we were close to the bottom, but the other teams around us were shit. QPR's run in made it look like they would go down for sure. Blackburn, shit manager, fan protests. Now look at them. The teams around us are all fighting. Us, well, i see nothing. No fight no determination to get away from the relegation zone. The people who were so sure we couldn't go down have all taken a step back from what they said. I don't give a **** about odds. I don't bet so you can say i don't know shit, but Liverpool were favourites against Wigan and QPR and still lost. Arsenal were 7 game unbeaten and favourites against QPR, they lost. Odds are just made up bollocks. Just look at the facts. Our team isn't fighting while other teams are. I'm very worried.

Stop panicking people!

Still, it's gone from a 4% chance to an 8% chance. Still very unlikely we'll go down. Who do you think knows more, the experts or us random punters?

I'm sure Birmingham were similar odds also. 5 points clear with 6 games to go yet they managed to go down.

No one can say for definite whether we are going down or not but it's someones opinion, they are allowed to have that opinion.

Odds are just made up bollocks.

Using computer software, continually inputting statistics whilst employing some very intelligent mathematicians and statisticians to nearly always make huge profits. Yet the resulting hypothesis to all this is *drum roll* odds are just made up bollocks ha ha ha.