Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Disinterested and Ireland? Are you kidding me? He's the only player in our side right now that week in week out plays like he loves the club. He's our best player and without him we wouldn't even have the option of drawing games right now.

Ok i take that..Maybe he is a shining light at the moment though this has most certainly not always been the case has it? & it all has contributed to our current predicament over the course of the season. But i do like Stevie Ireland & yes he is the one player we have fit who could actually make the difference i guess.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disinterested and Ireland? Are you kidding me? He's the only player in our side right now that week in week out plays like he loves the club. He's our best player and without him we wouldn't even have the option of drawing games right now.

Yes, a bit harsh perhaps. I am happy to admit this. I hope he has the stomach for a fight as he'll need it. He's playing well.

At the risk of upsetting all the Warnock Haters on this forum I personally believe that he does care and has put in a shift every time he has turned out since he was dropped for poor form.

The reason he gets injured most games is that he is prepared to throw his body in where it hurts to block shots that may otherwise result in a goal.

I think warnock and ireland have both looked interested recently.

If we went down we would need to replace a lot of players but we would be able to attract better players than anyone else in that division and like i said Lerner would have to spend the money to guarantee promotion first time. The man would lose a fortune if we ended up staying in the championship.

He would have to spend what ever it takes to get us back up first time so that he can have some hope of getting some money back selling us as a premiership team.

Warnock probably does care, but there is a big difference between quality and quantity. Putting in a shift is great but I just don't think he's quite good enough. Been better lately, just like Stevie Ireland. Perhaps the best of a bad bunch (bad meant to mean: poorly motivated, poorly managed, played out of position, low on confidence etc etc etc).

Apart from 60 mins against Norwich at VP is there a game we've dominated and won this season?

We requires two Keane wonder goals to beat Wolves, we hit Chelsea on the break at their place and Fulham we relied on a last minute fumble. So that's three of our seven wins that have been down to individual brilliance or luck rather than actually fully deserving it.

Any thoughts?

it is rare that a team will totally dominate another in the top division so expecting it time after timer i would say is very high expectations.

i would also say that most games are won on individual brilliance, a bit of luck or a scruffy goal so again i think your expectations are incredibly high

Ok, I'll rephrase it. How many games have we fully deserved to win. The examples there were more 'phew' than 'wow' at the performance.

I can't think of many occasions where I've thought 'we created a host of chances, their keeper had a blinder' or 'they didn't threaten us much'. We've been scraping our points together more than truly deserving them.

It's been a year since we've come out of a game looking like 'a good side'.

All of this is classic losing mentality thinking.

I'm sure fans of other clubs could say: "How many games this season have we actually deserved to win?" I'm sure fans of other clubs have come out of games thinking:"If it wasn't for a moment of brilliance from player x we would never have won that."

Villa are no different from any other club and we can win, pull out wins and fight and scrap just like any other club. Stop thinking that we are some kind of special case of supreme shitness (which is nonsense). Stop thinking we are the only club in the league that flukes wins and has points that are totally undeserved. Like I say, this is classic negative thinking and loser mentality stuff.

Instead of dwelling on how rubbish and hopeless you believe Villa to be, simply get positive. Lift the lads - we have a very young squad at the moment - lift them, help them play to their potential...and just watch. These lads will win matches, earn points and scrap and fight. See the bigger picture - it's time for support. I have every confidence in our players.

Are you by any chance related to any of the people who played in the orchestra when the Titanic went down?

No. I'm related to Ron Saunders who used to say - when the odds were not in our favour - "Do you wanna bet against us?"

In this instance the odds are in our favour and I'm still hearing a lot of doom and gloom. Yep, we are in pretty poor form but we all simply have to dig deep and get back on form. I have zero doubts that our players are more than good enough for the fight and run in. Whether our supporters have the fight and bottle for a rousing end of season I'm not so sure - it's all white flags and Bolton/Wigan/ A.N. Other are brilliant around here at the moment. People say McLeish is negative...what about the fans?

Lift the lads and get behind our young team is the only way ahead for Aston Villa in the here and now. Lift them and the points will come.

It looks like Wigan and Bolton have started their run in to the end of the season.Most of the teams below us have got more points than us over the last 4-5 games.I realise that Wigan have 3 very hard games comming up but then we have 2 very hard games comming up,I fear that we are going to get dragged into a relegation battle, I hope we can win it ?!

if the unthinkable did happen i would be very worried for our future. players on big wages, our best players would leave and an owner with very little money. i could not see us been a newcastle and coming straight back up. relegation would not sort the problem, a change of manager and some fresh faces would.

Let's think of the positives if we get relegated. I reckon Delph would do well for a year in the Championship, and would be a better player afterwards for it.

I think that could be said for Bannan, Albrighton, Gardner, Lichaj, Clark, Herd...

I think we'll sneak a few points, enough to keep us up. but we need to get some momentum. otherwise we'll be overtaken by those teams rapidly gaining ground.

it doesn't help that we are down to the bare bones.

How are we going to gain momentum ?

We have just lost to Chelski,we have to play Liverpool and Man U, by the time we have played those games the players will be really demoralised.

It is exciting though isnt it, Not the football, but the actual relegation battle. :D

Whenever i've spoken to Birmingham City fans they have always said it must be so boring for us never being in relegation battles, never winning anything and just generally finish the season sitting in mid-table.....

Give me mid-table mediocrity over this any day of the week.

Hopefully we get some good injury news before the Liverpool game.

We need 4-6 points and we should be ok.

Wigan Bolton qpr ad Blackburn need to win 2 more games than us or draw 6 or win 1 and draw 3. Seeing how many games they all have won this season they will have to really dig deep IMO. Say Blackburn get battered by united they could lose two on the bounce quite easily.

Twists and turns will happen. Only positive is we have it in our own hands.

Btw Im not ruling out ye baggies in this either if they drop points to the teams they still need to play (most of the bottom 5) they could be dragged too IMO.