Relegation - Merged

Amo69

We're in a no win situation I'm afraid boys and girls.

1. We're relegated and McLeish is sacked. Whilst I can see one or two teams putting together a bit of hitherto unseen form, I can't see 3 or more doing it to put us into the bottom three. Plus Swansea are slipping at an alarming rate. So I think we'll be safe.

The no win part comes from if indeed we are safe then Randy is sure to keep McLeish on.

Actually thinking about it, even if we do go down, RL will probably point to AM's record of getting Birmingham promoted. My god, he's the unsackable manager!

Wake me up from this nightmare!

:bang::angry: :cry:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QPR won't keep losing, they have attacking quality and a decent defence, they can definitely catch us.

Wolves looked much better at the weekend and score goals, if they can stop letting in simple goals, goals from free-kicks, they can catch us.

Wigan are always better towards the end of the season.

We're deep in shit.

Can't score, can't defend, can't attack.

Unbelievable analysis, all of a sudden 5 teams who can't muster a point a game suddenly have attacking quality, Qpr have scored 2 less than us and Wolves the same number. The difference is neither team can stop leaking goals, that's why they are adrift with the other three. None of the teams below us have won more games than us, we've lost 9 games, Bolton have lost 18 out of 26, Blackburn and QPR 15, Wolves and Wigan 14 and now with 12 games left they are all going to perform like Sunderland!!!!. I don't think so! Yes, it's been a crap season but we are not getting relegated. A bit of realism is needed not this pessimistic baseless analysis.

Blackburn away lose

Fulham home draw

Arsenal away lose

Chelsea home draw

Liverpool away lose

I think we will get two points from the next 5 games, by the time we play Stoke at thome we could be right in the mix for relegation

We're in a no win situation I'm afraid boys and girls.

1. We're relegated and McLeish is sacked. Whilst I can see one or two teams putting together a bit of hitherto unseen form, I can't see 3 or more doing it to put us into the bottom three. Plus Swansea are slipping at an alarming rate. So I think we'll be safe.

The no win part comes from if indeed we are safe then Randy is sure to keep McLeish on.

Actually thinking about it, even if we do go down, RL will probably point to AM's record of getting Birmingham promoted. My god, he's the unsackable manager!

Wake me up from this nightmare!

:bang::angry: :cry:

Find it inconceivable that McBl*en*se will still be here next season whatever happens.

If we're relegated he will be sacked (frankly I think he would resign - I don't think there would be enough security guards for hire in Britain to keep him safe if he stays in Birmingham)

And if we stay up (which I think we will - I think we will crawl dismally and pathetically towards 38 points and just about survive) then I believe the voice of the so-called "silent majority" (patronising clearing in the woods, it's O'Leary's "fickle" jibe all over again) will have its say - Lerner may have wanted a season of consolidation and belt-tightening but I can't believe that he will be satisfied at the ugly, ineffectual, defeatist, small-time, humiliating way in which McBl*en*se has carried out his job, and the fans have made it abundantly clear that this simply isn't good enough

QPR won't keep losing, they have attacking quality and a decent defence, they can definitely catch us.

Wolves looked much better at the weekend and score goals, if they can stop letting in simple goals, goals from free-kicks, they can catch us.

We're deep in shit.

Unbelievable analysis, all of a sudden 5 teams who can't muster a point a game suddenly have attacking quality, Qpr have scored 2 less than us and Wolves the same number. The difference is neither team can stop leaking goals, that's why they are adrift with the other three. None of the teams below us have won more games than us, we've lost 9 games, Bolton have lost 18 out of 26, Blackburn and QPR 15, Wolves and Wigan 14 and now with 12 games left they are all going to perform like Sunderland!!!!. I don't think so! Yes, it's been a crap season but we are not getting relegated. A bit of realism is needed not this pessimistic baseless analysis.

Blackburn away lose

Fulham home draw

Arsenal away lose

Chelsea home draw

Liverpool away lose

I think we will get two points from the next 5 games, by the time we play Stoke at thome we could be right in the mix for relegation

The Bolton game is back on after the Fulham game, so take out the Liverpool game and let's say following your theme that we only draw,that's 3 points, we'll be on 32.

As you've got Blackburn to beat us I reckon they'll get 6 from there 5 games, 27. QPR to get 5 points from 5 games, 26 points, Bolton to get 1 point off us and 1 more from their other 4 games, 22 points, Wolves to get 5 points from their 5 games, 26 points, Wigan to 3 points from 5 games,23 points.

Even if our results go the way you predict it's still going to take a massive turnround in performance for three of the bottom 5 to overhaul us.

we're 8 points away from the relegation zone, which is an absolutely **** huge number of points at that end of the table. as said above, we'd need a huge turnaround from too many teams for us to go down

The run in last season we got lucky by playing weakened teams injury wise. This season we're not going to be so lucky and looking at the remaining fixtures we simply have to beat Blackburn. If we lose against Blackburn and Randy doesn't then sack AM, there's very little doubt in my mind that we're going to be relegated.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously :?:

Mate your arrogance is astounding!

We're deep in shit.

Blackburn away lose

Fulham home draw

Arsenal away lose

Chelsea home draw

Liverpool away lose

The Bolton game is back on after the Fulham game, so take out the Liverpool game and let's say following your theme that we only draw,that's 3 points, we'll be on 32.

As you've got Blackburn to beat us I reckon they'll get 6 from there 5 games, 27. QPR to get 5 points from 5 games, 26 points, Bolton to get 1 point off us and 1 more from their other 4 games, 22 points, Wolves to get 5 points from their 5 games, 26 points, Wigan to 3 points from 5 games,23 points.

Even if our results go the way you predict it's still going to take a massive turnround in performance for three of the bottom 5 to overhaul us.

This. I just can't see enough teams overtaking us. We'll stay up but not by much.

There is the slight concern of our lack of fight, yet I can't see the teams below us all having a purple patch.

We'll be safe thanks to how shit the teams below us are...

Did the predictor yesterday and had us stopping up on 33 points! Trouble is I cant see us getting many more points or goals. I really worry for our premiership existence and given the financial results and ability of the chairman to bankroll that, should we go down I worry for the long term future of the club

Did the predictor yesterday and had us stopping up on 33 points! Trouble is I cant see us getting many more points or goals. I really worry for our premiership existence and given the financial results and ability of the chairman to bankroll that, should we go down I worry for the long term future of the club

well if anything like last season we should be ok then ;)

I think my main concern is that whilst we "appear" to be slightly better than the teams below us this was surely when we had the likes of Dunne, Bent, Keane & a fit Agbonlahor firing & before Warnock, who started the season well i thought, got cockitupitis.

So are we still slightly better minus Keane, Bent, Dunne? Or should i say our best goalscorer, one of our most solid defenders & the refreshing presence of Keane whilst he was here? I seriously doubt it & don't forget most of those below us strengthened considerably in the Jan window too so their new signings may yet start to click. meaning an upturn in form! Just at the time that we lose some of our best players...Great :shock:

I personally don't think we will be relegated but only because we have the 8 point cushion and a far superior goal difference that is worth an extra point. The teams below us are exceptionally poor and at least 3 of them will not mount a strong enough challenge to stay up.

However, I firmly believe that we are weaker now than we were a week ago when we couldn't even manage to score against the worst team in the division so no matter where we finish a failure mark shall be registered against Lerner and McLeish this season.

well if anything like last season we should be ok then ;)

Not sure to be honest. Last season we were in with a chance of relegation 2 games from the end and got two fantastic results in the last games.

If we are still in with a chance two games to go this year I dont fancy our chances of getting two good results.