Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I'm having £20 on it just in case

I agree with your point that the fixtures after the next two games are tough to say the least, but one thing that scares me even more is that both Fulham and Blackburn have goals in them (whereas Wigan did not).

Fulham have their new tall striker and Blackburn have the Yak, so I think it will be harder to get points off them than Wigan. That was a huge opportunity missed to get 3 vital points entirely due to the way Eck set us up. Without Keane and Bent the prospect of Heskey leading the line and CNZ and Ireland still being on the bench is too much to take.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah true i agree Im thinkin RL will have to admit to his mistake by hiring AM... And get rid of him in the summer.. he wont have a choice.

It will be Steve Bruce or Houllier again then as i dont think anybody else would want the job.

Wouldnt mind chris hughton, but the only problem he is managing Blue at the moment.. So the media would find a way to blame it on that if he didnt work out.

The next 2 weeks will decide whether or not we're in the mix for relegation.

If we lose at Blackburn, they will be 5 pts behind and will start to see us as a catchable target. QPR, Wigan and Wolves all have potentially winnable games that weekend too.

Then the following weekend, the Bolton v QPR and Wolves v Blackburn fixtures guarantee that teams below us will pick up points. If we haven't beaten Blackburn, there will be huge pressure to get a win vs Fulham before we have a 2 week gap and the start of our nasty run-in.

Basically, less than 3 points from the next two and I think we will definitely be in a relegation battle.

its definitely (@99.99% chance) that it will be out of the bottom 5 teams.

For Villa to get relegated, 3 of those bottom 5 teams, would have to finish above us.

For that to happen all, 3 teams would probably have to get more than a point per game.

Whilst 1 team might do that, no chance of 3 teams managing to do that.

also, we still seem to pick up the odd win here or there.

even just 1 more win all season could guarantee us not being caught.

Didn't realise there was a 2 week gap after Fulham

If we lose at Blackburn and at home to Fulham, this will be perfect timing to fire McLeish and find a replacement

Then we will have the upturn in results to save our bacon.

Even if it's just Sid and KMac taking the job on

Didn't realise there was a 2 week gap after Fulham

If we lose at Blackburn and at home to Fulham, this will be perfect timing to fire McLeish and find a replacement

Then we will have the upturn in results to save our bacon.

Even if it's just Sid and KMac taking the job on

Yep Bolton match moved as they still in FA Cup. Not a very nice time for a replacement to come in though - first 5 fixtures would be Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Man Utd!

Looking at the fixtures of other teams, it seems we'll probably just about hobble over the line. We have to play five of the current top seven, whereas most the others have to play about four, but of course we have a nine point advantage and superior goal difference. I only think we'll win one more game this season, but as long as we get a few draws, I reckon 34/35 points will probably be ok. Bolton, however do have a good set of fixtures to get a run of form going.

Uh-It's so depressing to talk about this. Our Premier League existence is extremely miserable.