Relegation - Merged

Amo69

We still won't go down. There genuinely are other contenders for the drop.

My fear is that the clueless Lerner/Faulkner combo will see Prem survival as some kind of back-handed success. If they do, Alex McLeish will be Villa manager next season and we WILL be relegated.....no question.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still won't go down. There genuinely are other contenders for the drop.

My fear is that the clueless Lerner/Faulkner combo will see Prem survival as some kind of back-handed success. If they do, Alex McLeish will be Villa manager next season and we WILL be relegated.....no question.

100% spot on.

I dont understand why people think we will go down this season. The gap is effectively 3 games minimum. It would need 3 of the bottom 5 to suddenly get 6 wins from their remaing games and that just wont happen.

I don't think it's likely we'll go down but it's definitely a possibility. Even last season I maintained we weren't going to do down (until that Wolves game). However, this season we've looked like we could go down for months. When you're outplayed every single game and your manager clearly doesn't have any sort of tactical or motivational ability you're in trouble.

I did the BBC predictor before the Wigan game and I had 32 points being enough to stay up. We finished on 40, 2 wins 6 draws and 5 defeats. Nothing happened in fixtures to change that. In fact we are better off today than we were before yesterdays games.

I did the BBC predictor before the Wigan game and I had 32 points being enough to stay up. We finished on 40, 2 wins 6 draws and 5 defeats. Nothing happened in fixtures to change that. In fact we are better off today than we were before yesterdays games.

But thats only your opinion, doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna turn out that way. It'd take a hell if a poor run for us and a great run from a few of the bottom teams for us to go down. But, unlikely as it is, I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

One of the teams below us will have a good run at some point. It always happens that one team does this. The 8 point lead we have over them will erode very quickly.

Might as well be nine points, Blackburn's goal difference is -22 compared to our -5

One of the teams below us will have a good run at some point. It always happens that one team does this. The 8 point lead we have over them will erode very quickly.

Might as well be nine points, Blackburn's goal difference is -22 compared to our -5

Good job too Bicks, because I think GD is what might save us!! Massive pressure to bear in McLeish if we fail to win at Blackburn Rovers. Still, at least it's exciting eh?

Indeed and the chances of 3 of the 5 below us making up that ground are very, very slim indeed. Not impossible, but so unlikely it might as well be.

34 points will be enough in my opinion. We will fluke a win somewhere, feck we might even turn up one of these games. It has happened once or twice this season. A couple more draws and bobs your uncle we're safe.

Of course, lose 5 on the bounce and my opinion might change.

I think we'll have just about enough to stay clear.

For Aston Villa to have just about enough to avoid relegation is a disgusting state of affairs. I thought those days were behind us.

Nope id say were worse off than then and i tell you why because back then we had a chairman with backbone who would wouldn't have appointed this clown in the first place and if he had he would have been kicked to the curb by now

We have a gutless chairman who has made a mistake in appointing McLeish and instead of rectifying this error by kicking him face first out of the football club he's going to back him until we get relegated. Which might not be this season thank god because of default but there's a high chance it will be next season.

Relax though Faulkner thinks we can get european football.

We'll comfortably stay up.

Things are really really bad but not that shite enough for relegation.

Next season will be a different story unless we seriously buck our ideas up in the summer.

To repeat what others have said, they are bad enough under usual circumstances. Points total is the same as last season when we were bricking it but we had at least started to show some sporadic form. The team seemed relatively settled, there was a formula and a plan. We still had the Wolves performance to come but in the games against Manchester City, Man United and the wins against Wigan and Blackburn we had started to show fight.

This is a worse experience than O'Dreary's last season for me as at least he had the excuse of an abysmal squad to contend with.