• Petrov
    • Gardner
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Keane
    • Warnock (for Agbonlahor 46)
    • Bannan (for Gardner 87)
    • Weimann (for Keane 90)

Happy days, now we just have to see out the game. What does McLeish do, he brings off Petrovs legs (Gardener) and brings on Bannan who is not known for his physical presence and defensive ability. It was asking for trouble and we subsequently got it for the last 9-10 minutes as we were under the cosh.

so you didnt see Gardner go down with cramp then ?

It was a great game to watch as well. No way could anyone accuse us today of being negative at all.

Lacking confidence somewhat still I fear - but what was great to see was just how much young Marc upped his game when accused

of cheating.

6 games unbeaten away from home... I wonder just when the fans at Villa Park are going to see the difference it makes when your own supporters

just support the team ALL through the game and don't moan at the manager and the players at every opportunity!

yes exactly.

yes exactly again.... of course that wouldn't apply to pissing and moaning in near hysteria on a forum page would it?

IMO it does.

Frimpongs injuries are described as quite serious on the beeb - here's hoping he makes a quick recovery.

Looked like Frimpong had been hit with Petrov's boot very close to his eye.

He'd been been playing brilliantly up to then for Wolves.

Hope also he makes a quick recovery.

Yeah spot on The Steve - I forgot to say Warnock takes a huge amount of unsung credit for shackling Kightly down the LH side when he came on.

He was all over us first half.

Agreed, he has taken some stick recently so its only fair to highlight the positive side of his game too.

Credit must also go to our manager for the change too, if it had not worked out he would have been slaughtered!

bollocks does mcleish take credit, if gabby had not being feeling unwell at half time the exact same team would have come out.

credit goes to gabby for being poorly.

mcleish needs to to take the blame for a suicidal satrting line up, he totally unbalanced the team with having a centre forward on the left wing again and then to totally ruin the left hand side he drops warnock and plays a very slow centre half in clark against one of the fastest wingers in the premiership. yet again he picked hutton over cuellar and hutton was beaten every time by jarvis but luckily for us collins got his head on almost everything.

mcleish cost us this game from the begining and just got lucky as gabby was ill at half time and then karl henry decided to be a cock.

the thing that annoys me as well is that if gabby was ill last night and not feeling great then what was the point in starting him in the first place.

also with a few mins left when we knew wolves would be pumping balls in the box he brings on the smallest man in the world barry bannan

mcleish is tactically useless and I have no idea what goes through his mind

Happy days, now we just have to see out the game. What does McLeish do, he brings off Petrovs legs (Gardener) and brings on Bannan who is not known for his physical presence and defensive ability. It was asking for trouble and we subsequently got it for the last 9-10 minutes as we were under the cosh.

Close down and see out a game, someone defensive like Cueller or Baker, or a fancy dan like Bannan.

I know what I would have done.

Close down and see out a game, someone defensive like Cueller or Baker, or a fancy dan like Bannan.

I know what I would have done.

bringing on bannan was simply ridiculous

umm, those of you incapable of being positive say we won only because of good luck.

should have been a red card taking down bent on breakaway

gardner should have put in that first header

Gardner had another chance in the 6 yard box where a frantic touch by the keeper put it inches past gardners left knee

a wolves sub should have been cautioned for time wasting - kicking the ball away when they were hoping for a draw

luck goes both ways. and sometimes you make your own.

before robbie scored, he made several really poor passes. on every one he raised his hand and apologized for **** up. I was cheering for him then. Of course I cheered even louder at the goals.... but we need more players / coaches / and fans to say "I **** that, my bad" a little personal responsibility and integrity goes a long way.

Is it just me or are people moaning about a substitute that obviously worked?? - given that we won!!

On the day, Right substitutions, right way to play and that was proven by the result.

Really pathetic that people dig so deep to have a go at Mcliesh.

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish was grateful to two-goal hero Robbie Keane, making his first start for the club, after the visitors produced a superb comeback to win at Midlands rivals Wolves: "We took a pummelling after a brilliant start. It was a time for fight and character and we showed that. Maybe I've got to get them angry every week. Robbie did very well - with his movement, touch and interaction with other players."

umm, those of you incapable of being positive say we won only because of good luck.

should have been a red card taking down bent on breakaway

gardner should have put in that first header

Gardner had another chance in the 6 yard box where a frantic touch by the keeper put it inches past gardners left knee

a wolves sub should have been cautioned for time wasting - kicking the ball away when they were hoping for a draw

luck goes both ways. and sometimes you make your own.

before robbie scored, he made several really poor passes. on every one he raised his hand and apologized for **** up. I was cheering for him then. Of course I cheered even louder at the goals.... but we need more players / coaches / and fans to say "I **** that, my bad" a little personal responsibility and integrity goes a long way.

This.

Last 5 Home league games

Scored: 2

Conceded 8

Last 5 Away league games

Scored: 8

Conceded: 4

What is the difference apart from our home games where harder. Why can we do it away when it is harder and not a home

Sadly, I think it might be us.

Â