The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

It's just a tired old stereotype, but I gave up arguing those on here a long time ago (or did I?)

It does make me laugh though that some people seem to think that if you vote Conservative then you must be some sort of upper class toff with loads of money.

Edited by Mantis

Xann, I suspect I agree with your point, but that article you've linked to is more than 10 years old.

Oops thought it was 2014.

...a string of banks revealed lavish rewards for their top staff despite weak results...

I'm spoiled for choice though - Here's another.

There's no end of them.

• Like 2

It's just a tired old stereotype, but I gave up arguing those on here a long time ago (or did I?)

You're in a thread that has repeated posts about how Ed Miliband is Wallace and, because he can't eat a bacon sarnie without looking like a catalogue model at every shutter position, is someone who'd struggle to tie his own shoelaces rather than a very intelligent man with a different political outlook on things (albeit with the odd struggle) and you still manage to whine about how people stereotype Tories?

I'd say that's sodding typical.

• Like 1

Xann, I suspect I agree with your point, but that article you've linked to is more than 10 years old.

Brilliant!  Tries to make a point about grasping Tories, then uses a report from the middle of the last Labour government to make his point!

You're in a thread that has repeated posts about how Ed Miliband is Wallace and, because he can't eat a bacon sarnie without looking like a catalogue model at every shutter position, is someone who'd struggle to tie his own shoelaces rather than a very intelligent man with a different political outlook on things (albeit with the odd struggle) and you still manage to whine about how people stereotype Tories?

Well this thread is about the Labour leader after all. I was talking about VT as a whole.

Typical of what?

All those things you said about Ed are true though and not based around a factually untrue lazy stereotype

Just saying like

what's the difference between losing money and losing ground? 

Losing ground is having to work longer and harder whilst our services deteriorate.

New housing is poorly made and expensive.

The majority will be worse off than their parents.

Yet the rich are getting much richer at an alarming rate.

• Like 3

Well this thread is about the Labour leader after all. I was talking about VT as a whole.

Typical of what?

Yep. Just about that.

I never said it was just about that, but is it really surprising that those things have been said in a thread where discussion will inevitably drift towards him (because that's the main topic of the thread)? As I said, I was referring to VT as a whole.

what's the difference between losing money and losing ground?

Losing ground is having to work longer and harder whilst our services deteriorate.

New housing is poorly made and expensive.

The majority will be worse off than their parents.

Yet the rich are getting much richer at an alarming rate.

We are all having to work harder , the problem is that People think nurses and teachers have a monopoly on this ....

The rich you are referring to are about 1% of the country , Tory voters are probably around 35 to 40 % ( of people that bother to vote )

It's why stereotypes don't work ...

Brilliant!  Tries to make a point about grasping Tories, then uses a report from the middle of the last Labour government to make his point!

... and those pay boardroom pay increases have gone on year on year, despite financial collapse and the tightening of belts affecting the most vulnerable in society.

All those things you said about Ed are true though and not based around a factually untrue lazy stereotype

Just saying like

'Just saying like' about sums up the depth of your post, mate.

That's bad.

Shockingly poor. Really, utterly dreadful.

Condescending as always I see

Your lack of an intelligent reply probably means you have nothing to say so probably best you leave it there

We are all having to work harder , the problem is that People think nurses and teachers have a monopoly on this ....

No they don't have a monopoly, and I mentioned that the NHS is amongst the emotive of subjects.

Greed and incompetence at the top is widespread. My previous employers died on their arse through stupidity whilst giving themselves fat payrises.

I got out, but thousands lost their jobs.

My current employers haven't covered themselves with glory, hundreds more out of work due to a large and rather obvious oversight, whilst pockets at the top were lined.

No way to run a society.

• Like 2

I don't measure a man on the way he looks, or eats a sandwich. I prefer to judge someone on their character and their compassion for those less fortunate. On those criteria I will happily give Miliband my vote. Cameron, as with so many Tories, pays lip service to caring for those in need, while at the same time sticking it to them. They are not called the nasty party for nothing. Its a tag thats well earned. 

Â