Cradle snatching, what's acceptable?

b6bloke

Just been reading that x factor presenter caroline flack (32) is dating One Directions Harry Styles (17)

Acceptable? Yes? What if it was the other way around and she was 17 and he was 32? They say acceptable is half your age plus 7

My grandad always told me to marry a woman nine years younger than myself as at some point later in life she is going to dry up while I will continue to get erections. As a 32 year old myself I dont think I would go younger than 24 or 25 now but I dont think there is any rule you can make which applies to everybody. I am not entirely sure what a 32 year old and 17 year old would have in common outside of lust though, I mean, is she going to talk to him about his sticker collection or something?

I think it changes when you talk about a relationship or just some fun.

For fun all that matters is legal age and you didnt rail road them into it and they wanted to do it

For a relationship I imagine its hard having anything more than 10-12 years. Not saying its impossible buit youll probably at some point be in different 'zones' of your lives meaning youll want different things.

Oh and Harry Styles....Jammy bastard

I remember a mate used to argue that if she sat on the toilet and her feet touched the floor she was old enough, then he had a daughter so that changed his view :lol:

At 17 I would have loved to play with her but it would have been a pump pump squirt :evil:

The age gap is ok if he wasnt 17

Yup I think that one is uncomfortable.

I think she should stick to over 18!

As an aside, I find the older woman/younger man combo to be worse than older man/younger woman. Mainly due to the fact that men are far more immature than women at that age.

I know what you mean, but I still think the old man/young woman is worse. Mainly because I'd be proud of my son shagging that, but broken hearted and raving mad if it was my 17 year old daughter with someone twice her age. Maybe that's wrong, I don't know

It's a bit of a grey area this. I don't think it's close to pedophilia and it's legally acceptable. Morally, there's something not right about it though IMO.

But if they're both happy, who cares?

Your perception certainly changes when you had kids of your own.

Again if my son came home with her i would be chuffed and would make her very welcome - but i am sure his Mother would be appalled.

Now if my 17 year old daughter came home with a 32 year old man i would be mopping both of their blood losses up off the floor

It usually is a case of rich older men with younger women as they are as much a trinket as the Ferrari and designer clothes - not many people bat an eyelid as it is assumed both are getting out of it what they want

I have a friend who is 38 and his wife is 54 - he had a real rouhg time when they first dated from almost every quarter - strange one this perception thing

As I said in the ONS thread, the half your age plus 7 rule is a pretty good guide.

It's personal perception regarding what's acceptable but the half plus 7 rule does fit my perception of maximum acceptability in to the late 50's.

20->17, 30->22, 40->27 and 50->32 all seem reasonable to me.

60->37, 70->42 and 80->47 are a bit weird though.

Each to their own, I suppose. :|

As I said in the ONS thread, the half your age plus 7 rule is a pretty good guide.

It's personal perception regarding what's acceptable but the half plus 7 rule does fit my perception of maximum acceptability in to the late 50's.

20->17, 30->22, 40->27 and 50->32 all seem reasonable to me.

60->37, 70->42 and 80->47 are a bit weird though.

Each to their own, I suppose. :|

Also, if you're 10 the youngest you go date is 12. But the youngest the 12 year old can date is 13! So kids can't date! Silly rule..

Hm, 15 year age gap. I think that is reasonable if the younger party is over 18. I do recall this group of singers from X Factor seeming awful young though, so will presume he is on the younger side of 17. In that respect it is somewhat odd.

My grandad always told me to marry a woman nine years younger than myself as at some point later in life she is going to dry up while I will continue to get erections.

REV's grandad FTW ::lol:

my travel mate is 48 , he part takes (frequently)with bar girls etc when we are in Asia ... most of them are around the 20 -25 age group (but look younger) ..... I don't particularly approve of the whole bar girl scene anyway but hey ho they serve a purpose , nobody gets hurt (assuming the girls are there of their own free will which appears to be the case) and nobody made me ruler of the world , least not yet but I'm working on it with a pack of highly trained flying monkeys "fly my pretties fly "

oops side tracked there , where was I oh yeah anyway it's a conversation i often have with my mate but at what point does he become a dirty old man ? will I be travelling with him when he is 60 and he is still shagging 20 year old bar girls , arguably 48 v 20 is already dangerous ground ?

I'm 25 and am currently 'seeing' a 20 year old. I find that's about my limit, so can't imagine I'd want to venture any further afield than that. In fairness though, I do look young for my age, and probably always will do, so I could easily get away with picking up younger girls well into my 30's... I just dont think it would sit particularly well with me.

I'm 25 and am currently 'seeing' a 20 year old. I find that's about my limit, so can't imagine I'd want to venture any further afield than that. In fairness though, I do look young for my age, and probably always will do, so I could easily get away with picking up younger girls well into my 30's... I just dont think it would sit particularly well with me.

How old would you date?

I think I would go up to about 55. I am 29 BTW

Â