Midweek football 5/7 December

andykeenan

Monday

Premiership

Liverpool travel to Fulham live on Sky

Tuesday

Champions League

Chelsea home against Valencia a win or goaless draw will see em through live on Sky Sports 2 & Arsenal who are alreay through and finish top of there group travel to Olympiakos live on Sky Sports 4 plus 6 other games on red button

Championship

Barnsley home against Palace

Wednesday

Champions League

Man Utd travel to FC Basel only a point see them through to knock out stages live on ITV 1. Man City must beat Bayern Munich live on Sky Sports 2 and hope Napoli dont win at Villareal live on Sky Sports 4 plus 6 other games on red button

Championship

Small Heath travel to Hull

I cannot believe Derek Llambias (sp?) turned down £30m and told Liverpool to come back with £35m up front. :S

I cant believe Liverpool actually came back with the 35 million up front :D

Thats true, but you must have balls to turn down £30m for Andy bloody Carroll, over the sake of an extra £5m. :lol:

Which looks the worse deal, £35m for Carrol or £50m for Torres?

Torres, easily.

Remember, Liverpool used the money from Torres and Babel to buy Carroll and Suarez. While Carroll has hardly been value for money, at least it was Chelsea's money Liverpool were spending.

I cannot believe Derek Llambias (sp?) turned down £30m and told Liverpool to come back with £35m up front. :S

I cant believe Liverpool actually came back with the 35 million up front :D

Thats true, but you must have balls to turn down £30m for Andy bloody Carroll, over the sake of an extra £5m. :lol:

I was genuinely gob smacked that day, firstly that Liverpool bid £30m and then because Newcastle turned it down. I still cannot catch my breathe now. Its bordering on requiring a police investigation.

Watching Liverpool use Carrol makes it worse. They don't play to his strengths at all, he was very good for Newcastle at early high balls around the box, he battles defenders very well but doesn't get too do this often enough.

Which looks the worse deal, £35m for Carrol or £50m for Torres?

Torres, easily.

Remember, Liverpool used the money from Torres and Babel to buy Carroll and Suarez. While Carroll has hardly been value for money, at least it was Chelsea's money Liverpool were spending.

I reckon Chelsea could move Torres on for £25m - £30m even in poor form. Who is going to buy Carroll for anything above £10m?

Torres at least has proved he has it in him at the highest level. Carroll hasn't even got that (plus he's a woman beating thug).

I actually think Carroll was the worst deal out of the 2. Chelsea were buying a world class player and paying about 50% over the odds because it was the last day of the transfer window, and it was from a direct rival who didnt want to sell. In Carrol, Liverpool bought a player who wasnt even international class, and never has been. They probably paid 3 times his real value in that transfer.

Atleast with Torres, you know there's a brilliant player in there somewhere, it's just up to him and Chelsea to find it. With Carrol, there's little evidence to suggest that he's any better than the likes of John Carew.

They don't play to his strengths at all, he was very good for Newcastle at early high balls around the box, he battles defenders very well but doesn't get too do this often enough.

Ironically, the way we're "playing" at the moment he'd almost be perfect.

Â