Midweek football 5/7 December

andykeenan

Just the luck of the draw. Can't blame UEFA for nobody being able to keep up with Bayern and making the game almost irrelevant to them.

its not just this group though is it? its most groups, there is at least 1 dead rubber in each group, a fair few dead rubbers in some groups

Just the luck of the draw. Can't blame UEFA for nobody being able to keep up with Bayern and making the game almost irrelevant to them.

its not just this group though is it? its most groups, there is at least 1 dead rubber in each group, a fair few dead rubbers in some groups

What exactly do you want them to do then?

Only way to change it (and the way European football should be played) is to have the entire tournement as knockouts. But we know UEFA wont do that so they can protect their big boys from one off defeats (although, even that's not helped some of hem this season!)

Have Villareal looked threatening or should it be comfortable for Napoli?

They've had about one decent chance and now they've taken their man man, Nilmar, off. Napoli should win it now, but you never know with football.

What exactly do you want them to do then?

Only way to change it (and the way European football should be played) is to have the entire tournement as knockouts. But we know UEFA wont do that so they can protect their big boys from one off defeats (although, even that's not helped some of hem this season!)

i completely agree, no danger of it happening, thats why the CL pisses me off so much, its an overrated competition IMO with far too much emphasis on people getting rich

i dont know if/how you could integrate aggregate scores into a league point system but that would solve a fair bit, bayern could lose 10-0 tonight and it mean nothing to them and IMO thats not right

Â