Midweek football 5/7 December

andykeenan

Not really, at Newcastle had players next to Carol to go for the second ball, in our team he would be all alone.

It would require a degree of pro-active movement off the ball that's been sorely lacking on the part of, well, everyone so far.

Which looks the worse deal, £35m for Carrol or £50m for Torres?

Torres, easily.

Remember, Liverpool used the money from Torres and Babel to buy Carroll and Suarez. While Carroll has hardly been value for money, at least it was Chelsea's money Liverpool were spending.

I reckon Chelsea could move Torres on for £25m - £30m even in poor form. Who is going to buy Carroll for anything above £10m?

Torres at least has proved he has it in him at the highest level. Carroll hasn't even got that (plus he's a woman beating thug).

Exactly. Chelsea bought a world class striker for 50 million, he may get back to that, if not, Roman paid for him out of his own pocket. Liverpool don't have a billionaire in charge so shouldn't be so erratic. Plus Carroll will never be world class and they'll sell him for **** all back to Newcastle a la Keane

Yeah, but my argument is that Liverpool were spending somebody elses money means he hasnt really cost them anything.

The Arse are 2 nil down to Olympiakos too.... if that result stands, Marseille and Dortmund go out :shock:

When its the biggest game of the season for one team and the other doesnt give a shit it is always going to happen. Arsenal have sent the reserves out to get experience it seems, they have made nine changes from the weekend and the game is do or die for Olympiakos. Home banker.

Yeah, but my argument is that Liverpool were spending somebody elses money means he hasnt really cost them anything.

The Arse are 2 nil down to Olympiakos too.... if that result stands, Marseille and Dortmund go out :shock:

When its the biggest game of the season for one team and the other doesnt give a shit it is always going to happen. Arsenal have sent the reserves out to get experience it seems, they have made nine changes from the weekend and the game is do or die for Olympiakos. Home banker.

I agree Rev - two 'biggish' European teams going out though! I bet both will blame Arsenal for fielding a weakened team!

Well, Dortmund have four points from five games before tonight so they deserve to go out. Marseille will go through if they beat Dortmund, they a losing at the moment, so they dont have any right to complain either really. Win your own games first and worry about other results after.

Well, Dortmund have four points from five games before tonight so they deserve to go out. Marseille will go through if they beat Dortmund, they a losing at the moment, so they dont have any right to complain either really. Win your own games first and worry about other results after.

plus both teams lost to Olympiakos already in tournament.

Great celebrations from Olly after 3rd goal really happy for him

Â