Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I don't think women are difficult to read or to predict, it is just that men are not very good at it; they are just too easily manipulated or are too busy tripping over their own dicks. 

Eh, maybe I'm just not very good at it, though I think I'm pretty switched on when it comes to reading people for the most part. Perhaps when I'm romantically involved my perception is affected, or maybe I've just had bad luck and I go for the wrong kinds of women. Who knows.

Edited by Ginko

I've caught mine between my knees, but I have to confess I've never tripped over it.

respec'

I've trapped a testicle between my thighs when sleeping and woken up with it swollen like a mango. Worst. Pain. Ever. 

I don't think women are difficult to read or to predict, it is just that men are not very good at it; they are just too easily manipulated or are too busy tripping over their own dicks. 

Eh, maybe I'm just not very good at it, though I think I'm pretty switched on when it comes to reading people for the most part. Perhaps when I'm romantically involved my perception is affected, or maybe I've just had bad luck and I go for the wrong kinds of women. Who knows.

I think guys prioritise short-term goals and lose sight of the long game, so they don't notice the on-going monkey-branching.

What utter dross.

According the ONS 42% of marriages end in divorce and that 66% of divorces are initiated by women and it used to be 72% back in the 1990s.

In my experience most guys just do not see it coming and are shocked when the missus starts proceedings.

So I concluded that maybe men are prone not to notice when their relationships are going wrong and maybe that was because they think differently to women.

I am not saying that the evidence is conclusive but at least it is evidence of a sort.

It's an interesting stat and it would be interesting to know all the why's and wherefore's of it.

I'd guess that a degree of greater financial independence allows women to instigate divorce now where they couldn't have before. Also, the loosening of religious ties in most communities would mean less people frowning at you for not being a good little wife in the face of whatever it is that tests you.

In that death via domestic violence is more than three times as likely for a female than a male and 1:4 women experience DV but only 1:6 men, it could be that more women seek divorce as they are physically or mentally bullied more frequently. Education programmes and law changes mean they can now get out of an abusive relationship where once they couldn't. So it might not be that men simply 'didn't see it coming', rather they may not have realised the little lady would do something about it.

Similarly, it may be that men had affairs and women weren't prepared to put up with it.

But that's all conjecture, the reasons cited for seeking divorce could be more interesting. It could be that yes, the men did not notice that sleeping around and hitting the kids and not coming home until pissed did indeed have an unexpected result on the marriage that the man hadn't considered as women think differently.

If the reason most commonly cited by women for divorce is 'I found somebody richer and younger and fitter' then my argument is potentially weakened. 

• Like 1

It's an interesting stat and it would be interesting to know all the why's and wherefore's of it.

I'd guess that a degree of greater financial independence allows women to instigate divorce now where they couldn't have before. Also, the loosening of religious ties in most communities would mean less people frowning at you for not being a good little wife in the face of whatever it is that tests you.

In that death via domestic violence is more than three times as likely for a female than a male and 1:4 women experience DV but only 1:6 men, it could be that more women seek divorce as they are physically or mentally bullied more frequently. Education programmes and law changes mean they can now get out of an abusive relationship where once they couldn't. So it might not be that men simply 'didn't see it coming', rather they may not have realised the little lady would do something about it.

Similarly, it may be that men had affairs and women weren't prepared to put up with it.

But that's all conjecture, the reasons cited for seeking divorce could be more interesting. It could be that yes, the men did not notice that sleeping around and hitting the kids and not coming home until pissed did indeed have an unexpected result on the marriage that the man hadn't considered as women think differently.

If the reason most commonly cited by women for divorce is 'I found somebody richer and younger and fitter' then my argument is potentially weakened. 

Funny enough, when I think of the divorced men I know, I don't think of wife-beating, drunken, philanderers; I think of this guy:

download.jpg

Been single for far too long. I need to get back in the dating game. Terrifies me though! Maybe I should just get a mail order bride. Think I would prefer Easter European over South East Asian. 

Been single for far too long. I need to get back in the dating game. Terrifies me though! Maybe I should just get a mail order bride. Think I would prefer Easter European over South East Asian.

Just tell all interested female parties about you shitting blood, working every hour god sends and I'm sure all the ladies will be falling over themselves for you [emoji6] [emoji11] x
  • Like 2

Just tell all interested female parties about you shitting blood, working every hour god sends and I'm sure all the ladies will be falling over themselves for you [emoji6] [emoji11] x

a nice game girl that's willing to dab the blood off a shitty arse, that's all anybody wants

• Like 2

well I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had a three page answer ready for when MMV posts about that woman claiming money off a millionaire ex husband that didn't get rich until years after they'd split up.......but nothing.....

yowser!

A woman has won a landmark Supreme Court bid to claim cash from her millionaire ex-husband, 20 years after they divorced.

Â