Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

We need to sort this mess out, and quick. Play anything like we did last night as we might as well not turn up. We need to win this one (that means attacking Alex) as our run of games after Sunday make me want to hang myself from a tree branch. I would play:

GK Given

RB Hutton

CB Cuellar

CB Clark

LB Delph

CM Bannan

CM Petrov ©

CM Herd

RW N'Zogbia

CF Bent

LW Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan, Dunne, Collins, Jenas, Ireland, Albrighton, Heskey.

I'd put my house and my car on McLeish not picking that team.

I wouldn't want him to pick that team. :shock: Was that picked by a child?

------------------------------Given----------------------------------

--Herd-----------Cuellar-----------Dunne--------Warnock--------

------------------------------Petrov-----------------------------------

-------------------------Jenas----Bannan------------------------------

-------Nzogbia--------------Bent----------------Agbonlahor--------

Bench to include Heskey, Delph, Albrighton, Ireland, Hutton, etc.

Disagree.

I actually think Herd adds a good level of passing ability to our team. This isnt what he's in there for, but he comes up with some nice moves at times.

He's the least of our worries.

Disagree he's not a midfielder

Would like to see him at RB in place of hutton

Think Mcleish will set up for a point

Bent will be isolated up front alone again and we will sit back concede possession and when we do have the ball won't retain it for long, Collins will start hoofing 60 yard balls in the air to Nzogbia, it's all so tragically predictable

I didnt watch the spurs game, I was in the pub and as soon as the starting line up was announced I went home.

I fear another tragically defensive negative boring line up with clueless football. A comfotable home win for Swansea, I think we will be on exactly the same number of points in mid jan as we are on now. McLeish just gets worse week in week out. He will probably pick the same starting eleven as the spurs game, he really is a grade A tosser :(

We need to sort this mess out, and quick. Play anything like we did last night as we might as well not turn up. We need to win this one (that means attacking Alex) as our run of games after Sunday make me want to hang myself from a tree branch. I would play:

GK Given

RB Hutton

CB Cuellar

CB Clark

LB Delph

CM Bannan

CM Petrov ©

CM Herd

RW N'Zogbia

CF Bent

LW Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan, Dunne, Collins, Jenas, Ireland, Albrighton, Heskey.

I'd put my house and my car on McLeish not picking that team.

I wouldn't want him to pick that team. :shock: Was that picked by a child?

So you would rather play the same XI that played on Monday night? Or perhaps the same defence that has been conceding goals from set-pieces left, right and centre? Or even maybe play Hutton and Heskey on the wings?

Disagree.

I actually think Herd adds a good level of passing ability to our team. This isnt what he's in there for, but he comes up with some nice moves at times.

He's the least of our worries.

Disagree he's not a midfielder

Would like to see him at RB in place of hutton

Along with Petrov I think he's easily our best option at DM. Against teams of a similar or lower ability, I wouldnt be against playing Petrov & Jenas and/or Bannan. But for the rest of the games, he plays a valuable role that not even Petrov can do.

The obvious people IMO that should not be in the staring 11 vs Swansea are Collins and Heskey.

I'd go for:

GK: Given

RB: Hutton

LB: Warnock

CB: Dunne

CB: Cuellar

CM: Petrov

CM: Jenas

RM: Albrighton

LM: N'Zogbia

CF: Bent

CF: Gabby

Let's try and win this - no more defensive hoof ball tosh please.

We should try to win because this is the last approachable game before a terrible series that will se us against the top teams.

After the inexplicable performance and team selection at WHL I can't not in highest spirits, but I like to think that you can't keep a good Villa man down.

The reason why I'm not so eager for this match is that I'm quite sure that once again

- the sacred claret and blue shirt will be worn by four unwatchable players that would make William Mc Gregor to turn in his grave, and obviously I refer to: Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Heskey;

- whereas are fit and available Cuellar and three good youngsters that could replace them very well and instead will go on the bench or wil remain at home: Herd, Albrighton, Bannan.

But we are Villans above all. . .;)