Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Bannan is our most creative midfielder and is our best deliverer of a football - he is a very intelligent footballer on the field and always enhances our attacking threat in a game. Prior to his DD crash he was playing excellent.

I want to see Jenas start this one - anyone know how his fitness is? (i.e. has he had any reserve game time since his cameo against Norwich?)

------------------Given

Cuellar ----Clark--------Dunne-------Warnock

Herd------Jenas--------Petrov------Nzogbia

--------Bent--------Gabby

Mcleish will probably go

-------------Given

Hutton-----Collins-------Dunne-----Warnock

Herd----Cuellar------Clark------Petrov

---------------Jenas

--------------Heskey

Just to keep it nice and tight

---------------Given

Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock

---------Herd-----Petrov

Gabby-------Jenas-------N'Zogbia

--------------Bent

With Gabby and N'Zogbia pushing on to make a front 3 in attack

---------------Given

Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock

---------Herd-----Petrov

Gabby-------Jenas-------N'Zogbia

--------------Bent

With Gabby and N'Zogbia pushing on to make a front 3 in attack

Think that will be the team accept unfortunately I don't think he will drop Collins.

Also I would have Gabby on left and N'Zogbia on the right.

Think Mcleish will set up for a point

Bent will be isolated up front alone again and we will sit back concede possession and when we do have the ball won't retain it for long, Collins will start hoofing 60 yard balls in the air to Nzogbia, it's all so tragically predictable

Based on the positives to take from the Norwich game I'd like to see...

••••••••••••••Given

Hutton•••Cuéllar••Dunne••Warnock

••••••Petrov••Herd••Jenas

N'Zogbia••••••••••••••••Agbonlahor

••••••••••••••Bent

I actually suspect we'll probably see something very similar, just with Collins *sigh* instead of Cuéllar.

Alternatively, I wouldnt be against Bannan getting one of the wing spots instead of NZogbia. I know this isnt his best position, but he's always done as well as, if not better than the Frenchman in the position (this season).

Be nice to see Swansea play anyway, really admire them. Very good at home and keep the ball brilliantly. I don't mind us being patient in this one but IMO we need players with legs and of course quality. Don't mind Petrov holding but then get Jenas and Bannan ratting around and with those 3 in midfield, there is sufficient quality to counter well and quickly with the right balls when we win the ball back. Get it to N'Zogbia and Gabby as quick as possible and give them good one on one situations.

Quick counter attacking I think is the key. If we slow it down, we'll play perfectly into their hands.