Scientific experiement: Which bid do you prefer?

ahamaad

Which bid do you want to succeed in the takeover?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which bid do you want to succeed in the takeover?

• Randy Lerner - American billionaire
    • Michael Neville (consortium) - 'Lifelong Villa fan'
    • Nicholas Padfield QC (AV06) - Mystery backers/finance
    • Athole Still (consortium) - Rumoured Arab backers

I'm excited that Villa's profile would be raised in the US apart from the fact that it sounds like he is a "hands off" owner and has the resources and business acumen.

Whilst it is true we know little about any of the bids, we absolutely know what Lerner is like as an owner and I haven't read a bad word yet from Cleveland.

I choose Lerner because, all though I'm not a Browns fan, I have a great deal of respect for that team. As we can painfully see, an organization tends to reflect its owner/chairman. Sort of a trickle-down effect.

The Browns are a hard-nosed 'blue-collar' (as we call it in the States) team. MON is a hard-nosed, blue-collar manager, and Lerner is a blue-blooded American who trusts the men he puts in charge, and respects the fact that they might know a little bit more about matters in the trenches than he does.

Sorry if I got a little carried away in American pride,:oops: but it's not really about Lerner being American or Martian, for that matter (though some might argue they are one in the same :winkold: ). His ownership style speaks volumes.

Judging by this poll so far, it will be very interesting if Lerner doesnt win!

I am not a betting man, but.............

:D:D:D:D

do you think he will win Mike,and if you do when will it be :winkold:

Fran, I am not at all certain. I am in Italy at the moment so have been out of the loop a bit, but I do not think its as clear cut as everyone thinks.

What I cannot understand is:

If Mr Lerner is so massively wealthy, why is there no bid on the table and why is it all taking so long? What is the hold up?

His bid was supposed to be the one that would "blow all others out of the water"...............

Fran, I am not at all certain. I am in Italy at the moment so have been out of the loop a bit, but I do not think its as clear cut as everyone thinks.

If Mr Lerner is so massively wealthy, why is there no bid on the table and why is it all taking so long? What is the hold up?

His bid was supposed to be the one that would "blow all others out of the water"...............

maybe its something got to do with Ellis wanting some kind of position at the club,it is very odd that there has been know bid all the same :( .

maybe its something got to do with Ellis wanting some kind of position at the club,it is very odd that there has been know bid all the same :( .

Dont think so............ Despite reports the contrary, I believe ellis accepts and understands that there will no role for him in running the club in anyway whatsoever. The "hold up" if there is one, must amount to more than this............

I believe ellis accepts and understands that there will no role for him in running the club in anyway whatsoever

The only thing which would put doubt in one's mind would be Ellis' interview on SSN. In Hannover, he said something along the lines of not just wanting to walk away and it would be a shame to lose his valued experience....etc. Can we take anything from that?

Personally, I would be happy enough with Still or Lerner.

Still because he is involved in the world of football and should be very aware of the requirements needed for the financial side of things, as well as being successful in his own business right.

Lerner - same sorts of reasons really. Okay he might not know the English game, but he does understand the main concepts because of being involved with the Browns, and while some areas are different, overall the actual business side requires much the same sort of needs.

And he has shown he can achieve that with the Browns fans who have spoken highly of him.

So either one of those - but since there isn't that choice in the poll, I clicked on Still's bid on this occasion.

We know nothing about the two, really as you say, rune.

Thing is, though, I have a distaste for agents - people who make their money by, er, leeching from football in many cases.

The best ones I'm sure do a lot for footballers and so on, but I'd be very wary of having one as an owner/CEO.

IF he's just a frontman for a consortium IF there is one, then maybe. Big IF though.

We know nothing about the two, really as you say, rune.

Thing is, though, I have a distaste for agents - people who make their money by, er, leeching from football in many cases.

The best ones I'm sure do a lot for footballers and so on, but I'd be very wary of having one as an owner/CEO.

IF he's just a frontman for a consortium IF there is one, then maybe. Big IF though.

I agree with what you are saying about Still - and I am basing my assumptions on the premise that Still, like Padfield is a front man for the bid, rather than someone who is going to become involved in a day to day running of the business and that others with the right experience will be installed to do that for the club.

Â