24 Cuellar

19 Petrov

31 Herd

09 Bent

11 Agbonlahor

18 Heskey

Substitutes

22 Guzan, 21 Clark, 07 Ireland, 10 N'Zogbia, 16 Delph, 25 Bannan, 26 Weimann

Shocked to see such a defensive approach. If I'm wrong, then hats off to Mcleish.

A bench of Nzog, Bannan, Delph and Ireland - must be a little more creativity there surely.

I reckon a back 6 - the usual 4 plus Carlos and Heskey, Herd sweeping up in Midfield. Gabby wide right to tempt away some players, Bent wide left to pick up another couple of markers. This leaves Petrov to show off his newly found super pace and sprint at them for 90 mins.

4-0 to Villa - Three 60 yard screamers from Petrov and a last minute header from Given. You heard it here.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So possibly 3 across the back and 2 wing backs? I feel like I'm back in the nineties!!

I'm happy with it, really.

This is a defeat in the making. Props to McLeish for trying something different, especially double-teaming Bale with Hutton and Cuellar.

Best from this game is a draw.

UPV!

with our team you know it is 80% one tactic

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofffff

hope heskey wins a header and it falls luckily to either bent or gabby

albrighton may as well leave the club because he wont get many games if they would rather play hutton at right midfield

Are we playing barcelona at the nou camp or something???

If the rumored line up is true its a complete and utter farce talk about showing them too much respect playing 5 at the back against spurs....

How id like to see our manager take risks and be adventurous. Typical Alex McNegative

If he had gone attacking you'd be slaughtering him for that.

You always moan the opposite every single game.

If the rumored line up is true its a complete and utter farce talk about showing them too much respect playing 5 at the back against spurs....

How id like to see our manager take risks and be adventurous. Typical Alex McNegative

And you just moan about the fans of this club at every single opportunity. Have you even been to Villa Park?

And you just moan about the fans of this club at every single opportunity. Have you even been to Villa Park?

i wouldnt bother biting to the wind up merchant who is either blue nose or paid by randys team to spout nothing but shit

horrible starting line up for us....

hutton, herd, petrov, heskey/agbonlahor in midfield is simply painful...

why are we paying so much attention to Bale when they have about 4 other players who can rip us a new one...

and what happens when Bale switches flanks......its a huge gamble by Mcleish and he's simply hoping that Spurs don't turn up tonight for us to get anything...

urgh its gonna be a long night of watching 11 headless chickens

i wouldnt bother biting to the wind up merchant who is either blue nose or paid by randys team to spout nothing but shit

As much shit as always saying something negative, like a lot of Villa fans.

I'm hoping it would have calmed down by now but too many folk are too quick to have a go.