Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I think a defensive pairing of Clark-Dunne will do the the job. Dunne needs to stop Adebayor and Clark would stop probably VDV or who else starts there if VDV is injured. I have lost all my faith in Collins. He is a headless chicken constantly making last ditch tackles. Dunne has to constantly cover for Collins errors. I also think Petrov-Herd can shut down their midfield. I'd also put Bannan as the CAM in front of those two and tell Bannan he has is the creator and doesn't really need to focus on defense. Then the normal front three. Looks something like this:

----------------Bent------------------

--Agbonlahor------------N'Zogbia--

----------------Bannan--------------

---------Petrov-------Herd----------

-Warnock--Clark--Dunne--Hutton-

----------------Given-----------------

I'd also like to swap N'zogbia for Albrighton but McLeish won't do that. N'Zogbia has been shite so why not let Albrighton run at Assou-Ekotto. Also with all of Albrighton's failed crosses and poor attempts, he creates quality chances. The lad tries and has determination which we need. We can't just let Gabby create all the chances.

Someone try to tell me this isn't the best line-up we have. **** McLeish always messing up the starting XI and playing no tactics.

think herd will prob be picking up vdv cos vdv don`t play as a forward he floats around linking up

Cant see it being a different line up to the one that started v norwich tbh

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish I was going to this. Spending the day in London and getting merry. :cry:

I like to be specific with my predicitions so here goes.

Darren Bent scores first on 26 minutes, assist from N'Zogbia. Villa lead at HT 1-0. Van der Vaart 49mins, assist from Lennon. Gabby dissallowed goal for offside on 75mins would you believe! He wasn't even offside! Ruddy hell. Dunne brings down Defoe in the box...penalty! Defoe puts it away on the 87min. FT 2-1 Spurs

Bet ya

I think i join the majority in thinking this is going to be a very painful game to watch.

I think we will start well, have a good opening 20 minutes, creating a couple of chances, fail to convert, then get battered for the remaining 70 minutes of the match. Might sneak a late consolation goal, Darren Bent penelty, won by Gabby.

3-1 Spurs.

As mentioned, our best bet is going to be to sit Chris Herd on Van der Vaart for the majority of the game, but then you probably end up giving Modric too much space in the middle. A 3 man midfield is a must and I expect the same team to start that played against Norwich, but with Heskey in a more withdrawn role.

Expect Darren Bent to miss a penalty.

One thing Tottenham's defense dont really give a shit about is pace. Can see Gabby having to work exceptionally hard to get any luck from the channels tonight, particularly with Walker and Assou Ekotto (sp?) at full back. We might benefit from playing a little narrower (yes, i know) than usual, because we won't be getting any joy from lumping balls down the line and asking Gabby to run after it.

Bugger. Didn't get a ticket for this because I hurt my leg & didn't think I'd be fit enough to cope with the ground.

Leg now better so I could have gone.

You're all a bunch of gloomy fainthearts - 2-1 to Villa. Gabby & Bent to bag one each.

That's a lad! UP THE VILLA!!

Let's hope Bent thinks he has A POINT TO PROVE

Tottenham's Jermain Defoe can rival Darren Bent for England place

• Joe Jordan backs Spurs player to claim Euro 2012 place

• 'You have to earn the right to be at the tournament'

Jamie Jackson

guardian.co.uk, Sunday 20 November 2011 23.00 GMT

Tottenham Hotspur host Aston Villa on Monday with Spurs' first-team coach, Joe Jordan, warning Darren Bent that Jermain Defoe could yet dislodge him from the England squad for next summer's European Championship.

The two strikers face each other at White Hart Lane after Bent was sold by Spurs to Sunderland in the summer of 2009 before moving to Villa Park 18 months later, with the 27-year-old having now risen above Defoe in the international pecking order. Bent started the recent international against Spain, and Defoe was not included in Fabio Capello's squad for the two friendlies earlier this month.

Asked if Bent, who has four goals in 13 England appearances, should definitely go to Euro 2012, Jordan said: "I wouldn't say that, because he has to prove between now and then that you are still the player. And I think Jermain Defoe can do that. He is waiting for his chance, so there will be competition for Bent, and as Defoe showed against Fulham he had one chance [and took it]. It was heavy on Fulham but they had opportunities they did not take. We had Jermain, who came on, had one, and he took it.

"Whatever forwards you are talking about come the end of the season, they might not be in the picture now for the England camp. But you have to make a run.

"There will be few players selected who do not show form between now and then. You have to earn the right to be in the tournament and you have to earn the right to be in the team.

"If your form drops off, you might have scored the goal in the play-offs but it won't matter if someone gets ahead of you. You could be left out."

Jordan would not be drawn regarding whether Bent should be England's No9. "I'm not in that chair," he said. "I think that is a dilemma that Fabio is paid quite well to solve."

:flag:

With the run that Spuds are on I can't see getting anything out of this one. I am also in a dilema as the match is on 4 am in morning here, do I get up early or record and watch highlights when having breakfast?? Decisions, decisions!!

I'll be sleeping in and watching it over breakfast, 4am is a horrible time to wake up.