Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

3-0 or 4-0 for me, I can't see anything on the cards other than a heavy defeat.

We still can't defend and they've been on good form going forward so I think we will spend most of the game defending and hoping we stop them scoring.

The thought of Bale running at Alan Hutton is most depressing as is the thought of Dunne and Collins trying to deal with Adebayor and RVD.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a good feeling about this one for a strange reason, think we might edge it 3-2. With Bent, Nzog and Gabby staring.

Staring at what?

Like most people, I'm not too optimistic about this one, but the good news is we only need to avoid an 11-goal defeat to stay in the top 8.

I'm quietly confident we'll manage that.

This is our 2nd big test against top opposition, so will be interesting to see how it goes. Expect 10 men behind the ball and a dignified 2-0 defeat.

However, Chris Herd will rip Modric a new one in a rare highlight.

Dont know why there is so much doom and gloom around this one - I think it is a nailed on draw.

All I have heard all week was Spurs will be 3rd on Monday night. Personally, I think they feel they only have to turn up to win. Under ONeill how many times did this happen to us, get in a position to cement a top 4 place, then screw it up against Wigan at home.

Although better than it has been, if Gabby is fit, I dont think their defence can live with the movement of him and Bent and I expect us to score at least 1, maybe even two.

The downside is I cant see the defence holding out either - so

SCORE DRAW

8th going into the last week of November with an "after the lords mayors show" game against Swansea to come. Personally, I'm glass half full,

3-0 Villa, youth to beat the ageing spuds.

-------------- Given ----------------

Hutton - Clark - Dunne - Warnock

--------------- Herd ----------------

--------- Delph -- Gardner --------

Delfouneso -- Bent --- Agbonlahor

Bench: Guzan, Collins, Cuellar, Bannan, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Heskey

1st sub: Bannan for Delph in the 60th minute (for a bit of extra creativity when Delph picks up his yellow card).

2nd & 3rd subs: Petrov for Herd & N'Zogbia for Fonz in the 75th minute (to inject a bit of experience into the side to cement the win).

:winkold:

3-0 Villa, youth to beat the ageing spuds.

-------------- Given ----------------

Hutton - Clark - Dunne - Warnock

--------------- Herd ----------------

--------- Delph -- Gardner --------

Delfouneso -- Bent --- Agbonlahor

Bench: Guzan, Collins, Cuellar, Bannan, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Heskey

1st sub: Bannan for Delph in the 60th minute (for a bit of extra creativity when Delph picks up his yellow card).

2nd & 3rd subs: Petrov for Herd & N'Zogbia for Fonz in the 75th minute (to inject a bit of experience into the side to cement the win).

:winkold:

Got to admire your positivity :D

We all know that Spurs have not just a better team, squad and manager than us, but one of the best in the league. At home and under the lights, they've shown that they can beat the very best in our league and in Europe, so it wouldn't be sensible to either hope for too much tonight or to criticise the team if we get a drubbing.

On the other hand, we'll all be hoping that we hang on for dear life and play better than expected. You just never know what might happen in 90 minutes. Like most people, my head predicts a loss but I hope we play with a bit of spirit and you always have to dream...

What I really will be annoyed at tonight is if, having clearly compared line-ups, quality of players and financial situation, people get on the team's back if the 'inevitable' happens. It's all too typical for people to predict a drubbing for logical reasons, then slate individuals and the manager when those predictions come to fruition.