Favourite Villa player?

JuanPabloAngel

Who`s your favourite Villa player?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who`s your favourite Villa player?

• Olof Mellberg
    • Juan Pablo Angel
    • J`Lloyd Samuel
    • Gavin McCann
    • Darius Vassell
    • Gareth Barry.....
    • Thomas Hitzlsperger
    • Thomas Sorensen (Just for you Tony)
    • Mark Delaney
    • Lee Hendrie

Who`s your favourite player?

It doesn`t have to be the best player, just somebody that you like.

I know I will be on my own, but my favourite player is.......Lee Hendrie! He isn`t our best player & he can be an idiot off the pitch, but I admire his passion for the Villa. He celebrates his goals like most Villa fans would.

Darius could learn alot from Hendrie.

Darius loves Villa and tries hardest - even if he doesn't look it.

I've heard about what he was like as a kid nd he was like any other Villa fan - Villa first second and third.

While I love JPA, (not in that way), Gavin McCann is my favourite. The way he plays is something that we've missed for ages. When he plays well, the team does.

Now you just know that someone will ask for Nobby Solano.....

Also while its an interesting idea for the favourite, I dont think the anti-so and so words help for anyone.

JPA for me. Soft spot for Lee hendrie, but while they play for Villa I like them all. Every single one of them. As DO'L may have mentioned once, they're a great set o' lads. And he's right. They must be - they're Villa.

Has to be Juan The Man for me - skill in bucket loads, scores goals, works very hard and has proved that he is very comitted to the club. Who could ask for anything more?

Oh yes - I've just kind of thought that Juan is probably the first stiker who has been my favourite player since Andy Gray Mk1 back in the late 70's. (Sid, Spink, McGrath, Southgate (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away), Bozzie, Merse - there may be gaps coz I've not checked stats).

gone with Lil Lee, contoversial I know but he always looks interested and iotching to do well, if the others had that much passion we'd be on a long unbeaten run

How can anyone pick Hendrie???? His shit and a dickhead.

I have a soft spot for Jlloyed because i stuck up for him when he was given stick when playing right back, and he has repayed my faith and more. Mellberg is a legend of the future. I just can't see the guy leaving, and his immence. But JPA is the one we all love. Simular to Jlloyed, how many of us Villa fans stuck by the guy. Even though i didnt know the guy would score goals, he looked quality in everything else he did. When you saw the headlines saying "the worst striker official".

Were all proud of him.

Gareth Barry for me. No, i'm not taking the p*ss. Ever since i saw his debut (away v sheff weds i think some years ago) i could see the guy oozed class, even at 17. And he's been virtaully an ever present since that day, be it at centre half as one of three, left back, centre mid or left mid. And in all honesty, you could count the number of "really bad" games he's had on one hand (although a lot of them may have come this season). I still think he's played Ok this season, certainly better than Tommy Hammer, although he is getting much more stick than the German.

perhaps that says more baout the standards he had previously been setting.

and he's quicker than people think he is. I'd like to see the stats for Villa players sprinting say 40 yards. I'd say he was much quicker than McCann.

Put simply, gareth has the skills to pay the bills, and along with Lee, Nobby & JPA forms the more skillful element of the side.

1. Hitz - have tracked his career at Villa since his arrival from germany, great player with great potential and also a nice bloke - probably has the best accent at VP - deutche-brummie :wink:

2. JPA - he is a hero!

3. Mellberg - as above, both are superb professionals and great ambassadors to the club - we should be proud (unlike L'il Lee - who endlessly attempts to embarass the club with his tabloid escapades)