plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

Emulation is pretty much a non-starter, they'd have had to go with the early-PS3 plan and essentially stick an entire PS3 into the PS4, which would have made the consoles even more expensive as well as considerably larger. All to cater to people who almost certainly still have the PS3  (or at least had it at time of PS4's launch) to want the functionality in the first place.

Oh, plus it would have made it harder for them to keep a straight face when they're releasing barely-improved PS4 versions of games only recently released on the PS3.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

It doesn't use pretty much the same technology, the PS4 is based in X86 architecture, the PS3 used Cell,. It's as fundamentally different as two consoles could be.

Edited by Davkaus

Having a quiet weekend... overdid it last weekend and spent most of last week at work feeling like shit. Plenty of sleep and food this weekend  :)

Wearing fancy dress, dancing like a dad and drinking lots of beer

It's my son's wedding - football themed wedding tables etc - including one called Villa Park and one called  De Kuip :-)

Going to a memorial day for my mate's Dad, at the club he used to be president of. Beers, snooker, cup final, pie etc. Always a great day. Later that night I'm off to a 30th Wedding Anniversary do for a couple of hours. More beers, more pie. Later still, I'll head back to the club for a few night caps, and any left over pie. 

Â