TRS-T

According to Tim Vickery this will be the Brazil team:

4-2-3-1

GK

Danilo Thiago Silva David Luiz LB

Sandro Rômulo

Hulk Oscar Neymar

Leandro Damião

that team is missing several other U23s that have been playing for the full team recently -

lucas moura, rafael, alex sandro, guliano, casemiro, pato, wellington nem, dede, fabio, mario fernandes, ganso, willian, dudu, kleber

their team for the olympics could be ridiculous, what they have done in the build up to their world cup is either great timing or brilliant planning because they have a silly amount of good youth coming through

People give a shit about Olympic football? Who knew!?

For the first and probably last time, I do. It's the novelty of a GB team almost entirely, despite the fact it'll largely be England U23s and token Welsh/Scots/Northern Irishmen.

I agree that the novelty of having a British team makes this far more appealing. Other nations (inc Brazil) take it very seriously though and maybe it's something in the future Britain (or England if Britain don't want to ) should look at in terms of developing youth.

I have tickets for the third place play off (as others have said only sport I could get tickets for), hopefully see some talent on show...

Brazil are taking this extremely seriously.

The manager of their senior team (Mano Menezes) is in charge of the Olympic team as well.

This tournament forms an important part of their preparations for the World Cup.

2012 Olympics

2013 Confederations Cup

2014 World Cup

i dunno about ganso, the fuss seems to be dying down a bit, serious injuries hampering him maybe, still would love to get the chance to watch him play

was very poor in Copa America. not sure if was pressure or injuries. his lack of pace could be issue in Europe though Riquelme did ok for a period

Gutted for Beckham and it'll be a loss. But on a side note why the hell have we got Pearce as manager!

It's the logical choice.

Most of the players will be young Englishman who Pearce will know from his job as England u21 manager.

Â