Saints Row The Third

Daniel

While so many games these days are striving for the kind of realism that makes people sit up and take notice, at least for the initial hours, Saints Row: The Third has instead decided to place its main focus on one thing that so many titles these days are sorely lacking – fun.

My review

A not so subtle dig at GTA IV, I like :thumb: .

I've got Skyrim and MW3 on the go at the moment, yet I shall be picking this up too. I'm going to trade in GoW3 for it, even though I haven't completed that. Looking forward to some good fun and a different pace to the others games I am going through at the moment.

Got it installed around 8 hours ago (unlocked early on steam), great game.. the customization options in the game are fantastic.

Not too sure on the handling of the cars though, i presume we'll see a mod of some sort anyway, still a great game.. travelled 126,580m already according to stats so don't let that put you off.

About an hour in and I'm really enjoying it. Graphics aren't great but I don't really care when it's this fun.

They weren't kidding when they were talking about the entertainment factor were they?

It even outshines SR2 in the fun stakes and that game was fun on toast.

Just finished this.

You'd be hard pushed to find a game that entertains as much and as consistently for its 30+ hours. Not quite as varied (or long) as SR2 but the downright fun factor means it will be one of my favourites from this year.

Plus it contains the best cameo since Bill Murray in Zombieland.

Right, back to Skyrim...

Cheapy D is in the game, isnt he? Though I doubt he justifies a "great cameo" tag as he is the most minor of internet celebrities.

It's not hard to find if you google it, but I was in the lovely position of not knowing and it definitely made me titter, particularly with the cracking bit of dialogue he has with the Saints leader.

Mind you, the whole game was full of great little one-liners and inside jokes, some quite obvious and some not so.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, its awesome. The first few missions are epic. All the way through through the plane mission I was like :shock:

not overly impressed with the textures and frame rate though (360) but so far im happy, top game! :thumb:

Â