Saints Row The Third

Daniel

I might have to trade this one in.. The novelty wears off really quick to be honest.

:shock: Whaaat?!

I've already done two playthroughs and I can't wait for my third one. Skyrim? What Skyrim?

I nailed 100% completion on this a couple of days back. I can't really see myself returning to it, like I have done with GTA4, but it was a lot of fun while it lasted and hey, who knows. Could be one of those games that starts calling to you again 6 months down the line.

I think it needs to be said how great the voice acting was for the male char I picked - Male Voice 3, the cockney growly voice. Really good comic delivery and half made the game what it was for me. So I checked out the VA and it's the same guy who does the Medic in TF2! A guy called Robin Atkin Downes. My friend says the russian female voice is pretty classic too. In fact there are some surprises hidden in the acting credits that I had no idea about - Hulk Hogan does the Angel bloke, for instance.

Finally, for anyone who hasn't completed the main storyline yet, I won't spoil it but the final mission has a choice in it. After completion you have the freedom to re-attempt the mission and take the other choice (which is required for 100% completion). The thing is, one of the choices makes a fairly naff change to the cityscape. If you want to avoid that change, it's important to take that choice (it's obvious which one will have an impact on the city) first time round, since on the re-attempt the naff change will be undone. I know it's kind of pathetic, but it annoyed me that I did it the other way round and was left with the results of the choice I hadn't wanted to make in the first place.

how is saints row 2? played teh first liked and seen the 2nd for £11 in shop, is it any good?

I'm a big fan of them all Dem, but the second one for me is the best. For £11 it's an absolute steal.

Finished it a few days ago, sadly once the missions are done the game is basically done too. I think the game could benefit from a Borderlands type playthrough thing, make the weapon levels harder to get up, or give more levels. But the main point being when you finish Borderlands you can just play through against with the same character weapons and upgrades. Never bothered getting the max upgrades for some stuff though, not being able to die would be a bit crap.

Finished it a few days ago, sadly once the missions are done the game is basically done too. I think the game could benefit from a Borderlands type playthrough thing, make the weapon levels harder to get up, or give more levels. But the main point being when you finish Borderlands you can just play through against with the same character weapons and upgrades. Never bothered getting the max upgrades for some stuff though, not being able to die would be a bit crap.

Just taunt (i.e. do a wanking gesture*) an enemy gang member, kill him/her, wait for more enemies to come, fight them off again and again. Incredibly fun. Best played in co-op or failing that, with a couple of your AI homies.

Can't die? Who cares............practically being a supervillain and taking down hundreds of helicopters and gang members is hugely entertaining. :lol:

* Ack, damned word filter!!!!!

Oh I have done, I do have 40 + hours of play time (although about 10 of those are sat around leaving the game on to generate money when I wasn't there) I just wish there was a little more to it. If you go through the missions you end up with about 15 hours of playing time compared to GTA that pushes 30.

I don't have any real complaints about the game though, it's been brilliant from the start and maybe the campaign being a little short stopped it from getting tedious, like GTA did.

• 1 month later...

so is there a lot of difference from this and the 2nd?

im playing the 2nd at the mo ahve to say i am really enjoying it. so much to do but some missions are impossible. the samedi one where your driving a car and you have to shoot planes down is impossible

anyway what differences is there from this and 3rd?

3 takes the 'wacky' stuff in 2 and turns them up to 11. 3 is all about just doing crazy stuff, about making the game as just straight dumb as possible. It's another step away from the idea of a GTA clone that the series started with.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Wise fwom your gwave!

Saints Row the Third he's had a remaster.

So what?

Well, they've thrown the kitchen sink at it. Numerous modern graphical techniques that make it look fantastic - new textures, whole new lighting engine, completely redone models and assets, graphical filters, HDR etc etc - and greatly improved performance (though still not perfect).

It kinda looks brilliant. And given that it's nearly a decade old game, it's genuinely impressive. The DF video calls it one of the best remasters ever made (setting aside Bluepoint's stuff, where they pretty much ground up recreate titles).

• Like 1

Great news as SR3 and 4 are two of my favourite games of all time.

Absolute bonkers fun and I love how they basically took the GTA blueprint and ramped up the OTT ridiculousness. 

I'll definitely be picking this up at some point.

Â