Xbox One

hogso

As for E3 predictions;

Hardware;

• Xbox One Slim will be unveiled.
  • Xbox Mini will be unveiled as a streaming box, likely peer to peer over WiFi. Similar to Steam Link.
  • New Xbox One Controller. More than likely a budget version of Xbox Elite. No premium materials or swappable controls, but the four paddles and trigger stops like the Elite.
  • Talk of Scorpio will happen, but no reveal of hardware form factor or any confirmation of just how powerful it is.

Software;

• Battlefield 1 will likely lead the show with a new trailer followed by world-first gameplay.
  • Halo Wars 2 will make an appearance, likely during a segment showing their commitment to gaming on Windows 10.
  • Gears of War 4 single player campaign footage.
  • Forza Horizon 3 will be announced with a trailer complete with confirmation that it is for Xbox One and Windows 10.
  • New IP (Microsoft are now down a game thanks to Fable Legends, likely the right time to unveil an all new IP)
  • Crackdown 3 will likely show a new trailer, perhaps even on-stage gameplay showing off the cloud tech to the world. Release window may be hinted too.
  • Scalebound will likely appear with a new trailer and a more accurate 2017 release date.
  • ReCore will be mentioned but likely no more than an in-engine trailer.
  • Another Indie sizzle reel of games coming to Xbox One and Xbox One Preview Program.

Misc;

A lot of this section will depend on what deals they have in place.

• I don't think we will see anything on stage from Bethesda unless Microsoft have a deal for Dishonored 2.
  • We may see a few from EA on top of Battlefield 1. More than likely FIFA '17 and Titanfall 2, but EA are showing off a lot this year so who knows.
  • From UbiSoft we will likely see a trailer for the first expansion for The Division. Maybe gameplay from Ghost Recon: Wildlands as well. 

Unlikely;

• Elder Scrolls. While I would love a sequel to Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim we are still in Fallout 4 season so they won't want to derail the momentum of that.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2. While this has leaked Take Two have already come out to state that Rockstar have no game releases planned for a couple years. 

All in all if even half of this happens and I played it very safe it's going to be a very packed 90 minute conference. I feel many people looking for 2016 game release hype will come away from it feeling a bit flat, but that is the nature of the beast at the 3 year mark. The industry tends to go in 2 year increments with the Gen 2/Gen 4/Gen 6 games being the big hype stuff and we are seeing that. 2017 is Gen 4 and we are seeing Mass Effect: Andromeda, Crackdown 3, ReCore, Scalebound and Scorpio lined up for that. Compare that to Gen 3 this year and it's all a bit tame really. 

• 3 months later...

Ok just a quick deal for anyone thinking of switching to an xbox one s or getting one as a christmas present etc.

Tesco direct are already doing a nice bunde of the 500gb s, includes fifa 17 digital game and full boxed retail versions of both overwatch & forza horizon 3 for £289.

You can also use the code TDX-HTNK to get £25 off this price giving you a shiny new Xbox one S with built in 4k blu-ray player, Fifa 17, Overwatch & Forza Horizon 3 delivered to your door for the grand total of £264

Bargain, Merry christmas...

http://www.tesco.com/direct/fifa-17-500gb-xbox-one-s-console-bundle/581-8614.prd?skuId=581-8614&pageLevel=sku

• Like 3

it's actually even better, they dropped it to £239 today so if you bought it yesterday you'll get £25 back.

They have killed the offer at the moment due to no stock of Forza 3 but as that isn't actually out until monday hopefully they should be able to sort it out over the next day or two.

If you just want the console & fifa you can get it for £199 using the same discount code and they should be available to collect in your local store now if you wanted it today rather than waiting for delivery

Edited by LakotaDakota

19 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

it's actually even better, they dropped it to £239 today so if you bought it yesterday you'll get £25 back.

They have killed the offer at the moment due to no stock of Forza 3 but as that isn't actually out until monday hopefully they should be able to sort it out over the next day or two.

If you just want the console & fifa you can get it for £199 using the same discount code and they should be available to collect in your local store now if you wanted it today rather than waiting for delivery

Damnit, just went to buy it but it's out of stock now.

Gutted. Need to be quicker. 

32 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Dammit, both deals gone now :( wish I'd seen those earlier.

Best around at the moment seems to be smyths

It's £270 but you get the console/fifa bundle, an additional controller (including the new white £50 one) and minecraft retail version

not so good as the straight 199 or the other tesco bundle i guess but if you need 2 controlelrs it is a good price

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/page/o/xboxonedealeight/

15 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Best around at the moment seems to be smyths

It's £270 but you get the console/fifa bundle, an additional controller (including the new white £50 one) and minecraft retail version

not so good as the straight 199 or the other tesco bundle i guess but if you need 2 controlelrs it is a good price

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/page/o/xboxonedealeight/

Picked it up today, traded minecraft in towards Forza Horizon 3 and will sell the extra controller plus FIFA 17 code I think.

Right, got my new TV yesterday and after about an hour of tinkering with the TV settings and in game settings this afternoon I think I've settled on the right picture. Let me just say that Forza Horizon 3 at 4K plus HDR is quite simply, stunning. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Seems Scalebound has been cancelled. 

Yeah.

Microsoft have also started deleting all trailers and gameplay from their video and social media accounts. 

This would be considered normal, but it's in fact not. Microsoft rarely if ever delete trailers and gameplay of cancelled games, hell you can still find Fable Legends on their official Xbox YouTube account.

So whatever caused this break up in partnership between Microsoft and Platinum it seems a bit more personal than a mere cancellation.

That or Platinum still own the Scalebound IP so Microsoft can't have any Microsoft branded Scalebound footage in case the game winds up on PS4 or something.

Lots of speculation surrounding this specific cancellation online right now.   

Edited by Daweii
Replaced "They", with "Microsoft" (first word, second line)

• 1 month later...

I've had one for a while now, never play it if I'm honest, picked up gears of war 4 at Christmas and still haven't played it

if racing games are your thing then forza is the best and GT on the PS4 will take a long time to come out and probably disappoint

they need a big E3 but I think Sony again will go with loads of games and properly show off death stranding and FF7 they'll go with the Scorpio and shiny new versions of halo 5, it's still scary that cup head is the best xbone game coming this year

Isn't Crackdown meant to be coming out this year? I imagine that all look pretty awesome on Scorpio. 

Though, I've never really been into the Crackdown games and am unsure why there's hype for it. 

Think next year will be a good year for ms, I imagine they will have lots of games after the release of Scorpio. 

Â