Xbox One

hogso

Mine was apparently delivered to No.7 at 11.50 this morning, so I'll be getting round there lively on the way home from work!

Are you getting FIFA Rob? Let me know if it's any good as I'm contemplating getting it on the PS4 and i'm sure there won't be much between the versions.

Haven't played a FIFA game since about 2004  :D

it's like a different game on ps4

They are a company that doesn`t care about consumers. While that might give off profit right now, they could end up in a a bad state quick. I really despise them. The fifa franchise would be so much better if someone else was running it

None of that is true in the slightest. FIFA has come on incredibly since David Rutter got involved, although it stuttered big time this year on the old gen. I've spoken to lots of people at EA from Peter Moore to Andew Wilson to Rutter and regular developers - and I can tell you for a fact that none of them embody anything you're talking about above. They've got the best football game on the market by quite a distance, the problem is that there's not really anywhere else for footie games to go. PES has been garbage for the last 8 years... who exactly do you think could come in and do a better job of the FIFA license?

The disc drive problem is miniscule. Less than 0.5% by the sounds of it. That's still several thousand pissed off consumers, but it's well below the industry standard for dead on arrival products in the consumer electronics category. It's annoying, especially when you receive one of them, but it's nowhere near the RRoD.

The disc drive problem is miniscule. Less than 0.5% by the sounds of it. That's still several thousand pissed off consumers, but it's well below the industry standard for dead on arrival products in the consumer electronics category. It's annoying, especially when you receive one of them, but it's nowhere near the RRoD.

To give you an idea of how good anything sub .5% is, the Wii had a failure rate of 4.6%, the N64 about 6% and the SNES about 5%

Those 3 machines are widely regarded as being pretty well built. Only time will tell the ACTUAL failure rates though

Mine was apparently delivered to No.7 at 11.50 this morning, so I'll be getting round there lively on the way home from work!

Are you getting FIFA Rob? Let me know if it's any good as I'm contemplating getting it on the PS4 and i'm sure there won't be much between the versions.

Haven't played a FIFA game since about 2004  :D

In what way Pete? Better?

Haven't played a FIFA game since about 2004 :D

In what way Pete? Better?

Yup, plays a lot better. Feels smoother and less laggy

Yeah FIFA is so much better on Xbox One compared to 360. Actually feels like a proper FIFA game now. You can actually turn with players.

The UI on XBONE is just fantastic. The TV integration, the snap function, Kinect works really really well. I'd say 95% of the commands i've said it's got right first time. I'm incredibly impressed. Played a lot of FIFA which rocks and had about 2minutes on BF4. BF4 was extremely smooth however the textures were quite bad in all honesy. Not that impressed with BF4 graphics.. But 60FPS makes all the difference.

Edited by PieFacE

Blown away.  Can't wait to get up tomorrow and use it some more.  FIFA is a completely different game.  There's a difference between good players and bad ones, between those who can dribble and those who can't.  You can't just spam the button to head or tackle, you have to time it.  Slide in too much and you're getting a red card.

As for the console itself.  Very slick.  Need to test my disc drive though.  Not tried it yet!

I've got to go away for the weekend, anybody that wants to live in my entertainment centre for two days feel free.

I'm yet to try the TV pass through but everything else I've done has been outstanding. Voice commands are actually very useful, the games I got are great although I haven't played Battlefield properly yet.

As for the UI, I personally think they've done a good job in 'slimming' the initial dashboard down, just pin what you actually want/need there's no need for clutter.

I love the clip recording function too, it automatically records your FIFA goals and your friends can go onto your profile to watch them literally as soon as you score.

The voice control is really impressive, however I think the ui is a complete dog compared to the ps4. loads of completely unnecessary rubbish in there

Such as?

2 Things i'm not liking.

a) When you are using the HDMI in for TV. You need to have the Xbox on to watch TV. I was hoping that when the Xbox was in standby mode it would output the TV HDMI. But it doesn't. Hope this gets patched.

B) The lack of DD 5.1 is frustrating. The TV box I use does not use DTS, only DD5.1, so when watching TV through the Xbox I don't get surround sound. Which makes the HDMI in a bit useless to be honest. Very disappointed with that.  Hopefully it's patched soon.  

Edited by PieFacE

Xbox one broke :( Seems like a graphics or disk drive error. They're sending me a new one before i send the old one off.

Ah man, sorry to hear that. Guess you were one of the 0.5% :(

Xbox one broke :( Seems like a graphics or disk drive error. They're sending me a new one before i send the old one off.

Ah man, sorry to hear that. Guess you were one of the 0.5% :(

Yeah he said it's the first case of the problem that he has seen. Nephews broke this morning too. His get's a massive error code when he turns it on.

The customer service is much better than i remember. They send you out a new console before you send yours off. They put a £500 hold on your card so if you don't send the broken one back within 14 days.

My console can play downloaded games still. Looks like it's just Fifa and Forza untill the new one comes.

Â