Xbox One

hogso

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who has a home theater.... the Kinect IR Blaster sounds quite good!

Kinect IR blaster:The Kinect does neat things for living room connectivity. It acts as a IR blaster on steroids, sending out so many IR beams that it completely fills a room. These beams bounce off walls and other surfaces, reflecting back at any exposed device in the room. This means that your electronics on shelves, even behind glass, will be able to be controlled by the Xbox One.
Microsoft has set up control schemes that work like Logitech's Harmony system. Your television, receiver, set top box, and other devices will work from your voice commands. We saw a television's volume change from voice commands in a demonstration.

I currently use a Harmony remote at home so this will come as a welcome addition providing it works correctly. 

Edited by PieFacE

It depends on the market I guess. A lot of people seem to think that there will be an Xbone bundle without Kinect in the new year that will be cheaper. Beyond that it might be a year or more.

Any body have any idea when the price will come down?

Typically, unless a launch has been disastrous, around 18 months post launch

A lot of people seem to think that there will be an Xbone bundle without Kinect in the new year that will be cheaper

That'll only happen if there's definitive statistics showing that most players who have an Xbox One don't have their Kinect connected

• 3 weeks later...

That's actually a really good idea.  I'm sure it will be everywhere because people have been using YouTube for tutorials for years now, integrating them directly into the game is something well worth doing. 

It would be very clever if it the app could somehow know exactly where you are in the game and what bit you're stuck on, and then automatically find the right tutorial for you.

It may even work like that? Not sure yet.

I was thinking last night about what to do with the HDMI-In port on the back of the Xbone. Then it hit me! Need one of these plugged into it.

Raspberry-Pi.jpg

Running this with Raspbmc and Kinect could be interesting. Specially if the Kinect 2.0 is as good as they say it is. It would be the ultimate media center and would remove any need for a HTPC. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RDqv7vqJIo

Do we know if it's possible to create custom voice commands on the Xbone?

Edited by PieFacE

Titanfall release date confirmed for March 14 2014, with the option of a £250 Collector's Edition available, which includes an "18-inch handcrafted Atlas titan statue with diorama and battery-powered LED lighting" oooooooooOOOOOOOooooooooo

It would be very clever if it the app could somehow know exactly where you are in the game and what bit you're stuck on, and then automatically find the right tutorial for you.

Problem is, who would they link you to? Most of those videos are monetized, specially the bigger ones. Why would one get picked over the other? Would be favoritism for a very strange reason, which would cause some upsets I would imagine. And how would it know, it would have to go from the title of the video

Problem is, who would they link you to? Most of those videos are monetized, specially the bigger ones. Why would one get picked over the other? Would be favoritism for a very strange reason, which would cause some upsets I would imagine. And how would it know, it would have to go from the title of the video

I guess it could work by simply "suggesting" a selection of videos, which would be pretty cool actually.

Just under a month to go now, looking forward to it!

Edited by samjp26

Well I'm unaware of how games work beneath the surface, but I assume they have "checkpoints" or "chapters" throughout them all. So if you're stuck on Checkpoint/Chapter 10 of Dead Rising for example, when you bring up the list of the videos, it lists all the tutorials for Chapter 10.... if that makes sense? And like you said, it would have to go from the title so the uploader would have to title his video "Dead Rising Chapter 10". 

Edited by PieFacE

Yeah that could work, but it would have to be something like a hotkey for that where you got up a screen where it showed several videos on that. Actually a really good idea in fact, but as I said, the problem would be that who would be on top again? The one with most views probably, so that would just get even more. Might seem like a non issue for the consumer but those who put these out have ads on them to generate money for the videos they create. As long as it doesn`t link you directly to one video, one could argue it being fair even if it really wasn`t.

With that said, the idea itself is actually smart and could be very convenient. It also would help people finish games, which many people don`t do.

I think this is something playstation is trying to do with their share function, that they create their own space. Not sure how long you can capture and all that.

Supposedly the XBOne will only be having 720p games from launch, most notably COD Ghosts but it will be 1080p on PS4.

Doesn't mean much to me as I'm not too fussed on graphics and certainly not COD but if this is a running pattern then it could be an early advantage to Sony.

Only rumours though at the moment.

Forza is 1080p

Ryse is 900p

But it's looking like everything else is 720P.

Like VRule123 this doesn't really matter to me. I'm sure in the future everything will be 1080p. Launch titles are never a reflection of what a console can do, quite the opposite. But that's better news for Sony than it is M$ imo. 

Â