Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Sweden struggle at home to Kazakhstan last night and are not really that good. We can get points off them and player for player we wouldnt be that far off them. They have Zlatan which probably makes them a little better on paper.

they had Safra, Granqvist and Lustig in their back 4 and they probably wouldnt even get in Ireland team

I think the difference between Swedens attack and Irelands defenders is far bigger than the difference between your attack and their defenders though.

Ireland have Long, Doyle, Walters and Keane up front, if Zlatan gets injured and they have Elmander, Toivonen and Berg who arent that much better than Ireland attack.

My prediction for the game is it will be an absolute awful game of football with long ball written all over it. Like Ireland and England they play a similar style which will also be easier for Ireland defenders as we struggle against anybody that can retain the ball

Sweden struggle at home to Kazakhstan last night and are not really that good. We can get points off them and player for player we wouldnt be that far off them. They have Zlatan which probably makes them a little better on paper.

they had Safra, Granqvist and Lustig in their back 4 and they probably wouldnt even get in Ireland team

Agreed.

I actually fancy Austria to get 2nd in your group, they should've drawn with Germany last night but missed a sitter in the last minute.

I actually fancy Austria to get 2nd in your group

:shock: :shock: Austria to finish in 2nd. Absolutely no chance. Sweden are a good team. Had a great 30 minute spell against England, and comfortably beat France in the last game, but because it was at the same time as the England v Ukraine game, you would not of seen it.

Yeah Deitmar Hamann was saying that too. But overall their squad is not even as good as Ireland's. I think they will finish 4th. Why do Ireland always get such tough qualifying groups? I think that is a big factor as to why they dont qualify that often.

A France team in disarray that England struggled against. But going slightly off topic, anyone feel the groups in the European section are a bit lopsided? Some groups with 3 strong teams, and other groups with no strong teams.

Yep, I'm still struggling to work out how they came up with a group of Greece, Bosnia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Leichenstein and Latvia. I would like to see Bosnia make a finals though.

Weakest has to be Swiss, Albania, Cyprus, Iceland, Norway and Slovenia. Even Scotland would probably finished 3rd in that group...

Switzerland, Norway, Slovenia, Albania, Leichtenstein and Iceland is ridiculously easy. And then you have a group with Italy, Denmark, Czech Republic. So you could have some real good teams not in Brazil and some weak teams there because of the draw.

Also in 2010 Switzerland had a group of Greece, Luxembourg, Latvia, Israel and Moldova. So for 2 world cups running the Swiss have the easiest group. Sepp Blatter is Swiss.

Are Switzerland one of the best 14 teams in Europe, I personally don't think they are but you can guarantee they will be in Brazil 2014.

Slovenia are one of those nations that do nothing in qualifying and then every ten years they'll come from nowhere and reach a world cup. I think with two defeats out of two they've faded back into obscurity.

Slovaks looked decent to me in world cup 2010, was really surprised they struggled in the last campaign, that was Ireland's group wasn't it?

Greezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcccceeeeezzzzzzzzzz....

As I've said I'd really like to see Bosnia make the world cup. They've been unlucky to draw Portugal twice in the play offs so being in a much weaker group I fancy them to beat Greece to top spot.

Alaba.

he's austrian isnt he?

the swiss have won the 2002 european youth championship and the 2009 world youth championship so they should be half decent

starting 11 -

benaglio

lichtsteiner - djourou - rodriguez - zeigler

barnetta - inler - fernandes - behrami - shaqiri

derdiyok

not a bad team, needs a proper goalscorer though

Alaba.

he's austrian isnt he?

the swiss have won the 2002 european youth championship and the 2009 world youth championship so they should be half decent

starting 11 -

benaglio

lichtsteiner - djourou - rodriguez - zeigler

barnetta - inler - fernandes - behrami - shaqiri

derdiyok

In terms of quality, what position would you put the Switzerland team in Europe? I think 14th in Europe. With Ireland 18th.

Surely Ireland be 16th as qualified for Euros that was only 3 months ago and the 2 hosts were quite weak ;)

Ukraine are not weak. Bosnia are better then Ireland but had to play Portugal in the play offs while Ireland got Estonia. I also think Belgium are now better then Ireland too.

But with the :winkold: I am sure you knew this already.

Â