Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

That side could be better but in fairness it could be a lot worse. Glad to see Coleman in and at least Cox can play as a winger which gives us option when in possession. We might only be beaten by 3.

at least Cox can play as a winger which gives us option when in possession. We might only be beaten by 3.

not for me hasnt got the pace or the crossing ability to play there, though either does McGeady. I like Cox he works hard and has a bit of ability but I would have played Walters on right wing and Long through the middle.

not for me hasnt got the pace or the crossing ability to play there, though either does McGeady. I like Cox he works hard and has a bit of ability but I would have played Walters on right wing and Long through the middle.

It's not an opinion. He has played there for WBA, ergo it's a position he's familiar with. That's all I meant. I wasn't commenting on whether I thought he was particularly good there or not.

The perfect result. The culmination of everything plenty of us have been saying since he stayed on after the Euros. Even the players don't believe in him anymore.

We can't afford NOT to sack him. O'Brien is paying half anyway.

Come on you Faroes. That game is now a means to an end. I hope we lose it. Then he is definitely toast.

I think we'll still beat the Faroes and 6 from 9pts is pretty much as expected from our opening games. Still doesn't take away from last nights horror show though. but tbf Germany are probably the best non-Spanish team in the world.

O'Shea, O'Dea, Oh dear.

disgraceful performance O' Shea should be kicked out of squad his performance vs Italy in summer was worst ive seen from any international defender and friday was actually worse. Ward, Cox, McGeady, Fahey, O'Dea and Ward werent much better

I think if we beat the Faroes and Germany beat Sweden we are still joint 2nd and they wont sack Trap. worrying thing is people in media want **** Owen Coyle as manager

The thing is Ireland just aren't that good these days. They were never really that good anyway but with the likes of Duff and Given retired and Keane in the twilight of his career their squad looks very poor these days. I think they're doing well to be where they are now to be honest.

but thats not true. we have good players who the manager doesnt trust. Long is a very good Premier League striker who tore us apart a few weeks ago but is below Simon COx in pecking order who had to move from WBA as Long was 1st choice. Coleman, Gibson(who i didnt rate until he went Everton), McCarthy, Pilkington and Hoolahan are very competent ball players. Wilson made most appearances of an Irish player last season and is below Stephen Ward who is a converted right winger. though im not his biggest fan McClean is a better alternative than McGeady.

we are not a top 20 in the world team but we should not be in a position to ship 6 goals at home to anybody

Missing the point and the crux of the matter by quite a way there Mantis. The point is you could almost select a better 11 from the players that Trap is currently ignoring. We're not asking to be world beaters. We're asking that he incorporate the new generation of players coming through into the side so that they can mature into the best Ireland side they can possibly be. At the moment, the shite he's putting out is a pale shadow of what could be out there.

Â