How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

Don't know if this is related, but apparently Gabby was set upon by about 5 lads recently, on his way to the Mailbox from the Arcadian. Got his face bashed up a bit apparently. My Dad's mate works the Mailbox security and reckons the Police used their CCTV so he's seen some of the footage.

Bit weird the way he pulls out every time for England. Probably coincidental, but it's some coincidence given that he's rarely out injured for us. That must make it about 5 times in a row that he's now pulled out through injury. I fully expect Capello to give up on him after this, unfortunately.

Yeah I think that will finally rule him out of a chance for the Euros. Which is probably a good thing for Villa, as he'll have a good rest over the summer.

Bit weird the way he pulls out every time for England. Probably coincidental, but it's some coincidence given that he's rarely out injured for us. That must make it about 5 times in a row that he's now pulled out through injury. I fully expect Capello to give up on him after this, unfortunately.

Yeah I think that will finally rule him out of a chance for the Euros. Which is probably a good thing for Villa, as he'll have a good rest over the summer.

I'd rather he was at Euro 2012 with England. I always feel proud when seeing our players performing well for the country and at a major tournament, even more so. Seeing Gabby and Bent up against Spain on Saturday would have been the closest Villa would have got to playing against Barca :).

Capello clearly likes Gabs, hope this hamstring injury is not the final string though.

I'd rather he was at Euro 2012 with England. I always feel proud when seeing our players performing well for the country and at a major tournament, even more so. Seeing Gabby and Bent up against Spain on Saturday would have been the closest Villa would have got to playing against Barca :).

Capello clearly likes Gabs, hope this hamstring injury is not the final string though.

I used to be like you.

Then Barry, Milner, Young and Downing all left. I fully believe that at least 3 of them were tapped up on International duty.

I have unfortunately lost all interest for the international game. Seeing the same faces time and again. To be fair, I havent enjoyed a World Cup since 1994!

Villa come first for me, therefore it is better he doesnt play IMO

I agree. Very odd. It's a huge shame as I was really looking forward to seeing him in action.

Considering that he must already know the vast majority of the squad, it just doesnt make sense. We know he's a confidence player, perhaps he doesnt feel confident enough with his ability to turn out for England at Wembley.

I was really hoping to see Bent and Gabby lead the line for England tomorrow, I'm gutted. I agree Villa comes first though, so aslong as he's back and ready for Spurs I'm not moaning.

And yeah, it does seem strange he keeps pulling out :detect:

Actually scratch that, if the tabloids are to be believed, he never pulls out..

Considering that he must already know the vast majority of the squad, it just doesnt make sense. We know he's a confidence player, perhaps he doesnt feel confident enough with his ability to turn out for England at Wembley.

Not sure if he does. He only has 3 caps. So he wont be in the Gerrard, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole etc type circle just yet!

As I said I am just glad that he won't play, and more likely Capello will think twice before selecting him again.

I'd rather have him writing headlines for us not England

Capello doesn't seem to think it's to serious. Lets hope so. Kendrick is just stating the obvious as normal, he has been sent home from England so of course he is a doubt for our next game.

"I decided that Agbonlahor will go home," said Capello.

"It is a little thing but out of respect to the club it is no good to put him forward for the next game because he won't be 100 per cent fit.

"I was really happy when I selected him too because at this moment he is in fantastic form."

• 2 weeks later...

God bless you Gabby.

Every Villa fan shoud try and get to read the feature/interview with OUR Gabby Agbonlahor in this mornings Sunday Times. In it he affirms his loyalty to Villa as his local club and says he is enjoying his football and asks why should he leave for another club and risk not playing?

A lovely last paragraph underlines that this is where he wants to play his football.

A pity a few more don't feel the same way.

He's been fabulous this season. Gabby, sir, I salute you. A true Villan!

Further to my earlier post:-

I did mean to add (and it won't be a popular view on here):-

I give great credit to Alex McLeish and his fitness team (the already legendary Adrian Lamb particularly) in the part I am sure they have played Gabby in getting so lean and fit and in such good form this season. The recent Peter Grant interview on AVTV highlighted the time Alex sets aside to go through videos of players performances with players like Gabby. There was also the story about the manager's use of an optician to develop players like Gabby's peripheral vision.

Gabby clearly was unhappy, unfit and unloved under the Houllier regime. He has almost said as much. The contrast this season could not be more marked!

Further to my earlier post:-

I did mean to add (and it won't be a popular view on here):-

I give great credit to Alex McLeish and his fitness team (the already legendary Adrian Lamb particularly) in the part I am sure they have played Gabby in getting so lean and fit and in such good form this season. The recent Peter Grant interview on AVTV highlighted the time Alex sets aside to go through videos of players performances with players like Gabby. There was also the story about the manager's use of an optician to develop players like Gabby's peripheral vision.

Gabby clearly was unhappy, unfit and unloved under the Houllier regime. He has almost said as much. The contrast this season could not be more marked!

I think that's a fair point. Credit where credit is due, whatever McLeish is doing with Gabby he's definitely getting the very best out of him

Â