The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

This also shows how little confidence we have in our chairman If 38% of fans think McLeish will be here next season. There would be no question under Ellis. Although Doug would have probably sacked him by now...well he wouldn't have given him the job in the first place.
I'm just as mad at Lerner as everybody else, but what's with the Doug love-in? He came out recently and said McLeish is a good manager who should not be sacked and that the fans are just upset because of where he came from.

It's not a Doug "love-in" I know Dougs faults as much as the next person, but I think take Lerners money away from him, his the worst owner in the premier league.

I don't think Lerner's that bad. We'll see how it goes over the summer. Get rid of McLeish and get someone half decent in and I think on the whole he will have been a good owner.

As for Doug, he was terrible. Billy McNeill anyone?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McLeish's comments about the silent majority backing him are strange. If they are silent how would he know what they are thinking? I never boo at matches so I supose you could call me one of the silent ones, but I want him out like everybody else because watching the way he sets the team up is like watching paint dry.

I just had a dreadful thought... What about if McLeish convince's RL to give him another season, and uses the darren bent injury as an excuse..I dont think words could not describe how distraught I would be. I can't go through another season of this, Please Randy make it end. Enough torture.

Not this shit again, Is Lerner going to talk to Fergie about AM again?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4311565/Alex-McLeish-has-got-Alex-Fergusons-backing-as-he-holds-showdown-talks-with-Aston-Villa-owner-Randy-Lerner.html

I know the sun can't be a good souce of news, but I wish SAF would just get his nose out of AVFC.

I'm surprised no one is wondering what Faulkner is doing away on business through the last game of the season. Interviewing perhaps??

I heard he's in Portugal :winkold:

He is Meeting Scholari and his team tomorrow

Rumour has it, Paul Faulkners 'position' may be on the line too"?

No chance.

Faulkner was brought in when there was little financial control, which seemingly precipitated the demise of the M-essiah.

He had little to do with the hiring of Houllier, but by the time the club were looking again, seemed to be working with the owner on the appointment of McLeish.

It appears that he will also have close involvement in the managerial decisions that may, or may not, be taken in the coming days.

In the end Faulkner has been nothing to us as supporters. He has probably done a reasonable job for what he was hired to do-we wouldn't know either way. If, however, he is gaining influence on football strategy, then I hope that he realises that we need a better overall management structure of the football side of the business.

But one thing that is sure, Faulkner is here to stay.

I met Faulkner just after GH was appointed. Faulkner came acros as a good, decent down to earth person. He even replied to an email I sent him before I met him. I got an ink-ling off him as to why MON was no longer our manager. I don't think he is as bad as some fans make out. If only I could meet him again about Mcleish.

Would be a good time for MM to show up right now.

The same MM that said McLeish wouldn't be manger and then a few days later was appointed? That guy knows pretty much as much of the rest of us - **** all.

Â