The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Going nowhere.

The Norwich game will pass, the CL final will take place, the summer will come - there will be the Euros/Olympics, AMcL will add a few additions, the kit would have been released, and people will be eagerly awaiting the start of a new season. This nightmare will almost be a distant memory. The dust would have settled and the anger levels will have well and truly subsided.

We're football fans. It's what we do.

Until the middle of August when, if McLeish is still manager, the nightmare will being again.

And the kit won't have been released because of some cock up in a factory as the manufacturers don't take Villa seriously.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sadly think'll he stay. The Blackburn situation concerns me, they sang for his head almost every match, he got them relegated in the end (fans proved right) yet he is still there and set to continue! They even sacked the CEO for suggesting Keane should be fired.

Hopefully Randy isn't as stubborn or stupid as the Venkey's.

While im not defending Mcleish, for every Steve Keane that the fans wanted out and were right about there is an Alex Ferguson and a Alan Pardew.

Fans shouldnt make decisions.

If we stick with McLeish we will once again sign shit players on long, over-inflated contracts (for their ability) and we will continue to be in this mire for years to come. Just swap Beye, Heskey, Sidwell and Davies for Hutton, Zigic, Henry and Wheater. Ace.

I sadly think'll he stay. The Blackburn situation concerns me, they sang for his head almost every match, he got them relegated in the end (fans proved right) yet he is still there and set to continue! They even sacked the CEO for suggesting Keane should be fired.

Hopefully Randy isn't as stubborn or stupid as the Venkey's.

While im not defending Mcleish, for every Steve Keane that the fans wanted out and were right about there is an Alex Ferguson and a Alan Pardew.

Fans shouldnt make decisions.

And neither should Lerner.

Or Faulker.

We **** if the fans don't have a voice.

It depends.

Ashley seemed intent on pleasing the fans with managerial appointments and it ended in relegation. Then he sacked a man that Newcastle fans liked and appointed someone they didn't and they're on the verge of CL football.

Owners may not always know best, but fans certainly don't either.

It depends.

Ashley seemed intent on pleasing the fans with managerial appointments and it ended in relegation. Then he sacked a man that Newcastle fans liked and appointed someone they didn't and they're on the verge of CL football.

Owners may not always know best, but fans certainly don't either.

Agreed, but if Villa went with the majority on the last couple of managerial appointments we wouldn't have had the shambles of Houllier or the embarrassment and boredom of McLeish.

Fans can debate about managers till kingdom come, but the one thing I can be sure of is I have zero confidence in both Lerner and Faulkner in appointing someone good for Villa.

McLeish out. Faulkner out. Lerner out. In that order... nice people, but have proven they are incapable of running a football club... tattoo or no tattoo.

The last game Tottenham for example.

I was there, this is the game Heskey missed a sitter and Dunne wrecklessy handed them their equaliser

Take those individual errors out, we've won

How is that the manager fault

The more you sit back and defend, the more likely your defenders will make a mistake, other than that Dunne was brilliant, and the more you defend the more you rely on your strikers to take the odd opertinity they get. All McLeish's fault.

We was 1-0 up. McLeish decides to defend even against 10 this will always be suicide we have proved this all season but someone never learns. If we pressured them with 10 just with a little attacking intent I believe that game could have been won. but it was the story of McLeish, get this knob out our club please!

Don't disagree he needs to go, but be replaced properly, not a rushed, panicky martinez type appointment

Also clear out the rotten apple players finally

I was there, this is the game Heskey missed a sitter and Dunne wrecklessy handed them their equaliser

The more you sit back and defend, the more likely your defenders will make a mistake, other than that Dunne was brilliant, and the more you defend the more you rely on your strikers to take the odd opertinity they get. All McLeish's fault.

a good chance but not a sitter for heskey

and remember the goal we scored was pretty fortunate. speculatative shot that took a huge deflection. take out that piece of luck and weve lost.

we were at home, playing against 10 men for an extended period of time, and yet we created nothing. tottenham completely dominated because we sat back and made no attempt to attack.

instead of an attacker or midfielder coming on for hutton, and warnock and lichaj reverting to their natural positions, we ended up with 3 CBs, (one at RB), a RB at LB and a LB in midfield. that is the managers fault.

Bringing another defender on against ten man was

Season ticket sales alone will be the bullet that finishes Mcleish.

No manager can survive the staggering acheivement of single handedly driving away 10,000 season ticket holders. Thats his Comp. package right there.

UTV.

I'm not defending him, the 7 defenders in the starting XI is not on

I'm just saying the players should not get off Scot free for this abortion of a season

I'm not defending him, the 7 defenders in the starting XI is not on

I'm just saying the players should not get off Scot free for this abortion of a season

CI, wake up. Okay some are not at there best. But they have hardly been given the chance to shine with McLeish negativity. Its hard to play with the tactics McLeish employs. See how far Bent was tracking back before he was injured??? Alot is to do with motivation, something McLeish has not been able to do!

As mentioned by the previous fellow, its a matter of chance. Statistic analysis tells us if you are put in a position 100 times there is a greater chance of a selected outcome materialising. For instance, if you was to defend a chance on goal 100 times compared to 10 times the possibility of conceding would be greatly increased. This does not even factor in the affect of mental and physical tiredness after said number of completions.

Nothing to do with luck, rub of the green, the footballing gods etc. If anything the opposite is true, if you are in 100 defensive situations then you are 'lucky' not to concede. The same principle applies to attempts on goal. Granted the higher quality of player results in less negative outcomes but this is less of a factor when playing similar ability (Premier league) opposition.

During the non-winning streak, Alex was asked by a sky reporter how he was going to win the next game. He was totally dumbfounded, stumbled and bumbled then blurted out "cut out individual errors", you cannot 'coach out' individual errors just merely alter tactics to reduce the amount of situations players may find themselves in to make errors (defending) and increase the chance creation situations (attacking).

Season ticket sales alone will be the bullet that finishes Mcleish.

No manager can survive the staggering acheivement of single handedly driving away 10,000 season ticket holders. Thats his Comp. package right there.

UTV.

Has the club given any indication on what season ticket uptake is like.

Â