The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

We've been ridiculously negative under McLeish. This is what I'm referring to.

I agree. But if you argued we were positive much under Houllier I'd question that as well, to be honest.

I'm not in the business of making excuses for McLeish but comparing his shiteness to that of GED is unfair

McLeish did not have DJ & Ash and he's had horrendous injuries

GED was shite with a much better team

McLeish is so much worse than Houllier. You can't even deny this.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@smetrov @coda,

Completely agree lads. As I say, Im not going to go shouting it from the rooftops until its 100% official. Probably the easiest 'ITK' claim to make at the moment, but no idea whether there's truth in it or not.

From what I seem to remember from following him on Twitter, he's a Red Scouse fan. Might be wrong.

I agree. But if you argued we were positive much under Houllier I'd question that as well, to be honest.

I'm not in the business of making excuses for McLeish but comparing his shiteness to that of GED is unfair

Houllier had a plan - but was unable to stamp his authority on the dressing room - so it was never going anywhere.

Mcleish - didn't have a such a good plan as Houllier - but was able to implement it.

Both should never have been appointed. Predictable disasters.

Houllier had a plan - but was unable to stamp his authority on the dressing room - so it was never going anywhere.

Mcleish - didn't have a such a good plan as Houllier - but was able to implement it.

Both should never have been appointed. Predictable disasters.

How was Houllier a "predictable disaster". Ok it didn't work out (although we still finished 9th) but it certainly wasn't predictable. Houllier has a pretty good managerial record. McLeish however certainly was predictable. Everyone saw it coming.

Now Im not one to believe Twitter gossip, but @Agent_ITK has just tweeted: Aston Villa are managerless #AVFC #Villa

Please God, let it be true.

I would imagine this is total bollocks. I can't imagine Randolph phoning agent ITK to give him an exclusive.

He probably gets off on all the excitement he is creating on VT.

He'll be gone soon enough anyway. Relax people, we're over the worst.

I wish I shared your confidence, but I just can't see Randolph having the balls to call McLeish and tell him he is fired.

He'll be gone soon enough anyway. Relax people, we're over the worst.
Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

If he's not gone in the next 10 days he'll be here for at least six months.

6 May KKFootball‏@KKFootball1

I have been told nothing new to suggest McLeish will be at #avfc next season. I still expect him not to be manager next season.

26 April KKFootball‏@KKFootball1

It is my understanding that Alex McLeish will NOT be manager of #avfc next season. Regardless of what happens in the next three games.

Would love to hear from the original Mysteryman for a bit more clarity, but there's been quite a few different sources coming out today with bits of information that he'll be off after the Norwich game, if I was a betting man I'd be having a punt!

@Agent_ITK: After Sundays match it will be announced 'officially'.

What do you think? Hedging bets? Or actually knows something?

I disbelieve ITKs as a matter of principle but I personally think that is precisely what will happen. I have nothing to support that assertion beyond my believe that financially the club cannot continue with him.

Has MysteryMan gave an update on the managing situation recently? Bar one biggie, he's been spot on.

....and that biggie was that Mcleish was definitely not going to be our next manager so I think I will remain a tad sceptical about what 'Mysteryman' has to say on the subject of our possible next manager.

I really don't see him staying folks.

Look it at logically folks. Say next season we have a much tougher start than the kind fixture list we had this season. Say we draw 2 and lose 3 of our opening 5 games. The crowd will be going mental and he will be sacked.

But what the hell is the point of getting rid of a manager again in early season and appointing another one who hasn't had a pre season with what wouldn't be his squad.

More logical to give him the bullet after Norwich.

Without being ITK, I'd say enough has happened since the final whistle of the Bolton game to see McLeish is fighting a losing battle now and he is resigned to his fate.

Agent ITK is full of shite

So McLeish has got the bullet but will remain in charge for our final meaningless game.........and then will be releaved of duties.

Yeah right

My 11 year old son could make up better crap than that

Â