The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier's season was a proper season of 'transition' you could see the style of play he wanted to adopt but some of the players he had meant that he couldn't achieve instant results which many expect on here. Shame really, some people want Martinez for his style of play but judging by last season those people would also call for his head if we are instantly Barcelona mk. 2.

The Sunderland 0-1 was as bad as anything I've seen under McLeish

And there was many more games like that under GED

In fact if you took downing and young out of GEDs season we'd probably have been just as shite

I just got the impression GED didn't want to be here and we were lucky to have him

I found much of his teams football as bad as McLeish's eg. Sunderland at home

And he dissed villa too many times

That Liverpool love in at anfield was frankly embarrassing and if I could have I'd have swung at him that night

The football has been way worse under McLeish. It wasn't great under Houllier a lot of the time but the football this season has been truly abominable.

But McLeish has talked us down loads as well. You have such double standards. You berate Houllier for "dissing" Villa yet when McLeish does it you ignore it and call him a nice man.

Just out of curiosity, why would like to have a pint with McLeish? You don't like Houllier and that's fair enough but McLeish has been just as much of a clearing in the woods in interviews if not more so.

Because for all his managerial faults. McLeish comes across as a humble down to earth bloke. He doesnt talk down to you like some managers, he's just a decent bloke

Why is that so hard to believe ?

It doesn't mean he's a good manager, it just means he's a decent sort of bloke that you could probably end up talking to at the bar in the local without thinking he's a bellend

But he doesn't come across as humble and down to Earth at all. He's anything but down to Earth. He's completely deluded.

I never said that saying McLeish is a nice bloke was the same as saying he's a good manager! My issue is that I really don't see how McLeish has come across as such a nice man?

In fact if you took downing and young out of GEDs season we'd probably have been just as shite

What about all the shit games under McLeish? At least under Houllier there were some pretty good games as well. Under McLeish we're boring and shit even when we win.

I was at the Sunderland 0-1, and it wasn't even close, not even in the same ballpark, not even in the same post code, not even in the same continent, as the game at White Hart Lane this season.

It was bad I'm not disputing that, but it doesn't even touch some of McLeish's efforts, that Spurs game being a prime example

It matters diddly squat what GED did......McLiesh is the worst manager in Aston Villas illustrious history.

Under McLeish, you can count the amount of good games we have played on two fingers.

The whole season under McLeish has been shit.

The FACTS do not lie.

'PussEKatt' we lost our label as an attacking team once Downing and Young were sold.

Dont agree with that.We are still a team that prefers to attack,its just that without Downing and Young we dont do it as well.And then McLeish came along and now we have players that want to attack bieng told to defend.No wonder we are crap on the field, the players are bieng asked to play a style of football that is completly alien to them.

Attack with what exactly?

Before Keane was signed in January neither of our wingers was playing to form so no supply to Bent.

Very little creativity in midfield until Ireland started to find some form and when he did, then Bent got a bad injury.

However when Keane arrived in January we had more of an attacking threat through the middle but when Keane left that attacking threat went with him.

You also have to factor in Gabby's injury, his subsequent loss of form and please tell me how then could McLeish set us up as an attacking team?

He simply couldn't so he made us hard to beat to try and get enough points to keep us safe.

You are looking at the symptoms but ignoring the underlying disease.

NZogbia came to us on a high having almost single handedly keeping Wigan up.

Albrighton should have made this his break through season.

Ireland in and out of the team due to "illness" and "injury"

Gabby being played as a winger even though McLeish said he wouldnt

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the premier league

All of those were down to bad luck and Downing/Young going.

Come off it.

New club and loss of form concerning N'Zogbia. It does happen you know.

Blaming the manager for Albrighton not breaking through this season is unfair. Albrighton isn't good enough and has shown that consistently this season.

Gabby was played on the wing due to a lack of form from our wide men.

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the Premiership due to a complete lack of service from our wide men (see above) and of course the loss of our quality wingers Downing and Young.

Anything else?

Yes, one or two of those in isolation and you can say "these things happen", for them all to happen at once indicates your manager doesnt know what he is doing. Something born out by his results over the course of the season.

I respect you trying to find daisies in the shitpile, but not convinced by your arguments.

'Daisies in the shitpile' eh. Thats a new one on me :lol:

No worries mate about our debate. We all want him gone. I just don't think he is to blame for everything that has happened this season and i also think he has been given a poisoned chalice.

The best game we had under McLeish was at home against QPR and we still didn't bloody win.
We were only decent for half of that game. First half was **** dire and despite coming back from two goals down I still left feeling furious.

We played some truly awful stuff under Houllier at times but this season has been even worse. Can't even remember a game where we have played really well to be honest.

Just maybe it's the fact that our squad has been so poor and the managers are getting unfair criticism trying to deal with the mess that O'Neill left?

I think Ged and McLeish are on a par. Given the same squad this season, I think Ged would have had us in a similar position.

Though, thinking about it, right now I'm not convinced McLeish could have got Ged's squad 9th. Not that Ged really did either.

We played some truly awful stuff under Houllier at times but this season has been even worse. Can't even remember a game where we have played really well to be honest.

Just maybe it's the fact that our squad has been so poor and the managers are getting unfair criticism trying to deal with the mess that O'Neill left?

Was that the poor squad that acheived our best season in years?

I think Ged and McLeish are on a par. Given the same squad this season, I think Ged would have had us in a similar position.

Though, thinking about it, right now I'm not convinced McLeish could have got Ged's squad 9th. Not that Ged really did either.

There is no way Houllier is as bad as McLeish. McLeish is one of the worst managers in the country. He's the worst Villa manager ever. Not only have results been dreadful the football has also been consistently awful.

There is no way Houllier is as bad as McLeish. McLeish is one of the worst managers in the country. He's the worst Villa manager ever. Not only have results been dreadful the football has also been consistently awful.

Passing football can be made just as bad to watch as long ball football if you're bad enough at it, which mainly we were. The might of Barca seems to make everyone think that a team trying to keep the ball on the ground can only be good.

If I had a choice I'd watch Houllier's Villa, but it's close, and probably only because they had Young and Downing.

Can we have a stay or go poll? Just out of interest more than anything.
What's the point? Would be a bit like asking people if they would like to win the lottery. 99% would answer yes but there's always going to be a few strange people who will answer no.

Passing football can be made just as bad to watch as long ball football if you're bad enough at it, which mainly we were. The might of Barca seems to make everyone think that a team trying to keep the ball on the ground can only be good.

If I had a choice I'd watch Houllier's Villa, but it's close, and probably only because they had Young and Downing.

We've been ridiculously negative under McLeish. This is what I'm referring to.

So what? He had enough money in the summer to bring in new players seeing as the squad is so poor. I don't understand what MON has to do with it, he is long gone now.

Â