The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know he wont resign and I'm concerned that Lerner is too weak to sack the shit.

Please anyone think of renewing their season ticket hold off until the last minute otherwise we will be stuck with this coward.

If anyone wants another season of giving up against the "elite" clubs or of hearing that it was the player, ref, wrong type of rain etc excuses then go ahead an buy one but the only thing that appears to stir up the powers that be is cash flow.

Note, to those that already have brought the cheapo season tickets or anyone else who has already brought one I'm not having a dig at you it's just that if we want him gone it appears that this is the only leverage that Villans have.

I'm pleased we have survived the McRelegator surely we don't want to tempt fate a second time?????

I'm scared shitless in case Randy actually keeps 'him' on. Imagine the damage he could do by being given a serious amount of money and spending it all on Alan Hutton caliber players. It could wreck us for years to come. Look what he did when SHA gave him money. He spent over £36,000,000 over 2 seasons and they still got relegated. Links to his SHA transfers here: click

McLeish is making out like we were favourites for relegation all along and he has performed some form of minor miracle this season.

What a load of crap. I'm sick of his bullshitting to the media, and what's worse is that they swallow it.

Get Commoli in as DOF and get a manager in who can work alongside him to sort our mess of a club out. McLeish is not that man.

McLeish is making out like we were favourites for relegation all along and he has performed some form of minor miracle this season.

What a load of crap. I'm sick of his bullshitting to the media, and what's worse is that they swallow it.

Get Commoli in as DOF and get a manager in who can work alongside him to sort our mess of a club out. McLeish is not that man.

Make no mistake about it he thinks this is good, he has came out in interviews and taken the high ground as if he has achieved something here.

He needs to do some research on this club. He spoke with more ambition when he was at small heath.

Nobody expected top six, but we should at the very least be top half. If you can`t do that at villa then you are not good enough.

Surely, if he was going to be sacked he would have been gone after Bolton.

Now a couple of games later he has kept his head down, picked up another couple of draws that see us safe, and now he deems the season as a success, and looks set to carry on next season.

I think he see's winning the fans over as some sort of challenge.

Once the Norwich game is over, McLeish has the comfort zone of three months without having to face any sort of criticism.

I could sympathise if we were picking up good results at the start of the season and that the injuries crippled our flow. But the football wasn't good enough then and he managed to turn a top striker in Darren Bent into a passenger.

It is a sickening blow but unfortunately not surprising. I just dread to think what signings he will make.

You can't seriously expect AMc to turn around to the press after yesterday's match and say 'well that's it, I'm off in the summer!' could you?

Of course, he's going to say he's continuing etc etc. There is one match left afterall. And to be honest, he may well want to stay but what say does he have in the matter?

Falling attendances, abysmal league position, win ratio and a poor vibe around Villa Park will have made Randy sit up and listen.

AMc will not be the manager next season because attendances will drop further, we'd stand a great chance of being relegated and the atmosphere would be terrible.

This is a business afterall and not one businessman would cut their nose off to spite their face.

Totally agree.

McLeish seems to have alot of friends in the media, why is it acceptable for the pundits to think he is doing a good job? They don't care about Villa granted but it's ridiculous to think he is doing a good job and at the end of it blame the fans because "he comes from birmingham city" - what utter bollocks.

That "coming from Birmingham City" quote will be McLeish's defence throughout next season and the season after and after.. He has the perfect excuse now and the media have shown they will support him.

I reckon he will stay and next season after spending ££££ we will still be in a relegation fight.. Faulkner will support him and say we trust "Alex to get us out of this position like he did last year" and then everyone will call McLeish a genius because we survived relegation.

There are enough excuses for McLeish to be used in justifying this poor season.

It all depends on whether Randy thinks McLeish has been dealt an unlucky hand with injuries.

Randy won't want to shell out more money on compensation.

Randy will not want another transitional season.

Our only hope is that McLeish will walk after Norwich. I just cannot see it though.

Falling attendances, abysmal league position, win ratio and a poor vibe around Villa Park will have made Randy sit up and listen.

AMc will not be the manager next season because attendances will drop further, we'd stand a great chance of being relegated and the atmosphere would be terrible.

This is a business afterall and not one businessman would cut their nose off to spite their face.

Agree with the above from TBAngel. To get out of this we need to spend a lot of money, we won't but that's whats needed. If he stays then who in their right mind would come and play for the Villa now with the quality I expect ?

In addition, according to many, what manager would want the job anyway under the current constraints?

As much as we have the right to an opinion, the barracking of O'Leary, Houllier and now McLeish will look as if the fans are the problem, not the manager.

Agree with the above from TBAngel. To get out of this we need to spend a lot of money, we won't but that's whats needed. If he stays then who in their right mind would come and play for the Villa now with the quality I expect ?

I think if we're all honest we know the squad isn't that great but it's also NOT relegation fodder material either.

I put our league position down to poor tactics and not playing to our squad strengths. A different manager and approach could see the best of what we've already got and hopefully a few new faces to replace the outgoing players. However, the last thing Randy should do is sanction the sale of Bent in the summer.

Let's face it, whoever replaces AMc is going to get a fair crack at the job and backing from the fans. The atmosphere and fortunes of this club could easily switch given the right handling.

Gary Lineker on Twitter:‏

Thanks all for watching. Most Villa fans disagree with Shearer, which I shall pass on

Shearer likened our dislike of McLeish to that of Sunderland fans who wouldn't give Bruce a fair crack of the whip because he is a Geordie.

This is complete bollocks. My mate is a Sunderland season ticket holder and the reason the fans didn't rate him was that his team was playing rubbish. He used the Geordie theme as an excuse for piss poor performances and the fact that he couldn't motivate the players.

If Randy does finally grow a pair and sack McLeish I hope to God that he doesn't employ Stevie Bruce. If he did, would I not like that and we would all need cheering up because we would have a fat Geordie b****** and a shit foot ball team.

Rory Smith (@Rorysmithtimes) is the only Journo who understands how the fans really think and it's worth checking his tweets :

Rory Smith ‏ @RorySmithTimes

"McLeish is a man of honour. Will he put up [with fan protests] next season?" Incredible. Villa have 38 points. Will they put up with him?

"It's not his fault. The fans never gave him a chance." They'd have been a bit more forgiving if Villa, er, well, didn't have 38 points.

Fans not supporting a manager is not a cause of bad results, it's a symptom of them. Deliberate skewing of the debate.

I`d love to know what these constraints are. Mcleish had the luxury of letting makoun go and spending almost 20 million. Not to mention he inherited a 26 million pound striker.

I`m sure lambert or brendan rodgers would love those "constraints".

Yes we no longer have top 6 spending power, but we still have the infrastructure to finish top 10. Sorry, if stoke city,newcastle,fulham and the like can manage to compete as they are then we should be able to.

Saw that and thought that Randy and Alex have just let the rumours of Alex getting the sack do the rounds on the boards to make the apathetic fans think he was off and then bang hit us with this one when we are all but safe. They have played us!

This is what has happened IMO. Alex was told in public to act like he was resigned to leaving therefore easing fan pressure on him and in turn helping us survive...

the guy is gonna be here next season

unbelieveable

Saw that and thought that Randy and Alex have just let the rumours of Alex getting the sack do the rounds on the boards to make the apathetic fans think he was off and then bang hit us with this one when we are all but safe. They have played us!

This is what has happened IMO. Alex was told in public to act like he was resigned to leaving therefore easing fan pressure on him and in turn helping us survive...

the guy is gonna be here next season

unbelieveable

If he is here next season, then if he thinks he's got some abuse this season, he aint seen nothing yet & Learners gonna come in for some & all

Â