The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Seconded.

Hes just One of many people who underperform in their job through lack of ability.

It's the lack of intent to even try to do the job, ie win games, that warrants the protests.

I'm going to elaborate on my point slightly. Any one of us would accept the job if it were given to us, so a lot of the blame must lie with those that did the hiring. Having said that, any one of us could also send out a team that got terrible results too. However, no matter how untalented a manager, if you were in charge of the 5th most successful team in supposedly the finest league in the world, and were the 20th highest paid person in your job role on the planet, you would at least try to get it right.

New routines on the training ground. New formations, differing team selection, strategic tactics depending on the opposition. One decent set piece routine. Some kind of evolution to change an unsuccessful team.

What do we get instead? Hutton consistently picked at right back and the guarantee to concede from sloppy defending.

I get every premier league game televised out here and, obviously I can't watch them all at once, but never once have I seen McLeish or Grant scouting the opposition in another game.

He deserves the abuse. He's either even less talented than we thought in that there have been no changes in an effort to stop our relegation form, or he simply doesn't try to affect anything from week to week. Either way we need to ensure he's gone at the Spurs game.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he hasn't made them eat humble, the post said that he would have wanted to

he didn't though, and that's fine

he tried and he's not good enough. it's not like he came into the club with the intention of ruining us

I think the level of personal abuse directed at him against Bolton really got to him.

Seems like the way forward is to increase the personal abuse. It sounds harsh but if it works the **** it. Give him loads :lol:

I agree entirely, we must do eveything we can to get him out. Keep the pressure on until he goes.

He says he is thick skinned, if I was on his salary then I would be.

Obviously our first priority is survival but Mcleish has got to go ASAP.

I actually disagree with this.

He will certainly leave at the end of the season so there is no need to give him personal abuse. He wants to succeed and has worked hard for our club, but he just hasn't been good enough. It is RL who is culpable for appointing him in the first place. No one deserves that abuse for trying and failing.

As much as I want him to go, I believe it is already all over for him and to personally abuse him wil reflect poorly on the integrity of the Villa fans so I won't be joining in with any chanting.

THIS.

The bloke has undoubtedly put all his effort into this, he'd have wanted to have proven the doubters wrong, have made the minority who hold his Blues background against him eat humble pie. He's done nothing to deserve the level of hounding people are directing at him. Inadequate coach for our football team - yes....vile human being - no.

People, it's football, get a grip.

I totally agree - let's not forget he wanted to come here he didn't leave like that complete word removed - who left at teh wrost posisble time to cause maximum disruption.

I still want him out asap but I prefer him as a person than MON

Whether you agree with abuse or not, whether you like it or not, it doesn't matter, it's going to happen.

There will be over 30,000 fans at VP on Sunday and only a very small percentage read anything written on this forum and I believe that quite a few want rid of McLeish asap.

If things turn against us on the pitch and Spuds score then it is hard to imagine that thousands of passionate fans will be able to hold back their pent up anger and frustration.

I guess if you don't agree with it and don't like it and don't want to hear it then either wear ear muffs, leave early or just don't turn up in the first place.

He's destined to join the Villa dead career pool along with Little, Gregory, McNeill, O'Leary...maybe he'll go for a job in the UAE. Prospective managers must think we're cursed!!

Jesus no, I live in Dubai. Don't send him here! Although it would mean that

A. He's not at Villa

B. He'll burn up good in the sun.

Saw D'OL many a time shopping in Waitrose in the Marina and it was bearable. Can't think how I'd react if I saw Eck in there!

He's destined to join the Villa dead career pool along with Little, Gregory, McNeill, O'Leary...maybe he'll go for a job in the UAE. Prospective managers must think we're cursed!!

Jesus no, I live in Dubai. Don't and him here! Although it would mean that

A. He's not at Villa

Saw D'OL many a time shopping in Waitrose in the Marina and it was bearable. Can't think how I'd react if I saw Eck in there!

If you see him there then feel free to hide all the high factor sun cream!

Jesus no, I live in Dubai. Don't and him here! Although it would mean that

A. He's not at Villa

If you see him there then feel free to hide all the high factor sun cream!

:lol:

he tried and he's not good enough. it's not like he came into the club with the intention of ruining us

Im not so sure about this. When I look at his signings, his tactics, his team selections,his substitutions and his post match interviews Im starting to think it may be deliberate. He just cant be this deluded can he???

I think the level of personal abuse directed at him against Bolton really got to him.

Seems like the way forward is to increase the personal abuse. It sounds harsh but if it works the **** it. Give him loads :lol:

I agree entirely, we must do eveything we can to get him out. Keep the pressure on until he goes.

He says he is thick skinned, if I was on his salary then I would be.

Obviously our first priority is survival but Mcleish has got to go ASAP.

I actually disagree with this.

He will certainly leave at the end of the season so there is no need to give him personal abuse. He wants to succeed and has worked hard for our club, but he just hasn't been good enough. It is RL who is culpable for appointing him in the first place. No one deserves that abuse for trying and failing.

As much as I want him to go, I believe it is already all over for him and to personally abuse him wil reflect poorly on the integrity of the Villa fans so I won't be joining in with any chanting.

Totaly agree with this post

Put the pressure on Mcleish until he's gone!

There can be no doubt that we want him out!

Absolutely. The media and club response with the suggestion that mceish s going has only come about because of the reaction at the Bolton game. That response has to continue. For me it should have been earlier and harder

Put the pressure on Mcleish until he's gone!

There can be no doubt that we want him out!

Absolutely. The media and club response with the suggestion that mceish s going has only come about because of the reaction at the Bolton game. That response has to continue. For me it should have been earlier and harder

Agreed - Just over a week ago. Many on here were saying protests made no difference, Lerner won't sack him etc. I know hes still there - but never underestimate fan power. With one or two exceptions - if the fans are protesting ....the manager walks\gets pushed.

Im not so sure about this. When I look at his signings, his tactics, his team selections,his substitutions and his post match interviews Im starting to think it may be deliberate. He just cant be this deluded can he???

When the first suggestion that McLeish might be coming to Villa was reported one of the midland journalists, I can't remember which one, wrote that he'd mentioned the Villa job to McLeish when Houllier was being appointed. McLeish had said how he'd wouldn't have considered the job as it would cause too many problems to be successful.

What had changed a year a year later? McLeishs wages had dropped due to relegation. He came here for the money. Thats why he won't walk and why we need to continue the pressure untill he's gone.

There's lots of speculation that he's finished but thats all it is, speculation. Randy would have to be mad to keep him on BUT it was madness to appoint him in the first place.

Why the Fook is AM asking Bent to be on the bench when he knows he's not kicking the ball yet? That could be a silly question .... he only needs to head the ball really!

Alex McLeish insists Villa won't rush Darren Bent back before the end of the season - but the record signing is making good progress.

McLeish revealed he explored the possibility of calling on Bent for Villa's Barclays Premier League survival push.

But, although the 28-year-old striker is progressing well with his recovery from ankle surgery, it was decided not to risk him for the games against Tottenham or Norwich.

"I said 'are you ready to go on the bench at the weekend or something," said the Villa boss.

"He said: 'No, not quite, but I'm making good progress, so boss it might be too soon'.

"I don't believe there is a chance of him playing again for Villa this season.

"The doc thinks he's got a chance for the Euros though, so if he's talking he's talking about four or five weeks.

"He's running and he's working individually with the physios.

"I'm not sure if he's at the level of striking a ball yet, but he can't be far away from that now.

"The physios will still be working on him to get him back to his peak fitness again.

"We have to make sure he gets back good and proper."

Yeah well everyone can see through that prick. We all know Bent's recovering from a serious injury.

**** McLeish. Can't wait until he leaves. I'm so sick of him and his shit.

Â