The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

On evidence so far, The only thing Faulkner is good at is **** things up magnificently

I have not seen any good work from him to date

So please explain, how has Faulkner done his job badly? Do you know what Randy has tasked him to do?

I am genuinely curious, everyone seems to be an expert on Faulkners job, I have no idea what he does on a day to day basis and what guidelines Randy has asked him to work under... so could you please inform me on this.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, 36 games 34 points

Other way round.

I think if we keep it at more points to games played we will be ok. We need to finish on 39/40 points (or more, you never know)

There are 5 "elite" teams, Man U,Man C, Arsenal,Chelski and Liverpool.That's 10 games ( home and away ) that leaves us 28 games to get a result ! we need more than draws.

Don't forget Spurs, and probably Newcastle soon as well.

Randy may have made the final decision. But then who advised that McLeish would be the best man for the job and to be honest, did these people have Villa's best interests i.e results at heart, or was it just about finance and reducing the bills.

So, 36 games 34 points

Other way round.

I think if we keep it at more points to games played we will be ok. We need to finish on 39/40 points (or more, you never know)

There are 5 "elite" teams, Man U,Man C, Arsenal,Chelski and Liverpool.That's 10 games ( home and away ) that leaves us 28 games to get a result ! we need more than draws.

I'm not following your points - my point was we have played 34 games and have 36 points. And that we need to accumulate more points to games played in order to be ok. I don't think those that finish in the bottom 3 will achieve this...

Faulkner is a good business man, a numbers man, you can see it in him. But as we all know it take much much more than someone who knows business to run a football club. Faulkner has to take the biggest blame for me, he has completely no idea of football, or running a football club, I doubt he's ever kicked a football. I can just imagine it now in the board room "yes Randy what a fantastic move it is to hire McLeish, make sure you pay him loads keep him here" ????????

faulkner a good business man and numbers man? Really, on what planet.customer services manager for MBNA, then he let the spending of MON get way out of control especially wages. then after announcing record losses mcleish is appointed who upset the fans and we now have lower support and less revenue. mcleish is also a piss poor manager and our league places are lower meaning less prize money. I would say he is an incompetent business man and that he has little or no grasp of numbers. his customer service skills also strike me as woeful.

A good point, he was a customer services manager. Surely he should see the customers (or fans) are no longer turning up and think "Lets find out why no one wants to come anymore and do something to change that"

But no, lets just let McLeish drag our club down further and further.

So, 36 games 34 points

Other way round.

I'm not following your points - my point was we have played 34 games and have 36 points. And that we need to accumulate more points to games played in order to be ok. I don't think those that finish in the bottom 3 will achieve this...

I was responding to PussEKatt's point about the "elite teams".

Has anyone read Peter Grants Wiki. Uncanny they are both as useless as each other, no wonder they have love for each other its like they met on a dating site. Grant was shite as manager and coach!

I have said on a previous thread, how these pair were employed I do not know. Did no one check there previous history with clubs.

Has anyone read Peter Grants Wiki. Uncanny they are both as useless as each other, no wonder they have love for each other its like they met on a dating site. Grant was shite as manager and coach!

I have said on a previous thread, how these pair were employed I do not know. Did no one check there previous history with clubs.

I'm pretty sure they didn't seek to obtain any references from previous employers. Shame the hiring of the two wasn't dependent on references and maybe a CRB check...

On evidence so far, The only thing Faulkner is good at is **** things up magnificently

I have not seen any good work from him to date

So please explain, how has Faulkner done his job badly? Do you know what Randy has tasked him to do?

I am genuinely curious, everyone seems to be an expert on Faulkners job, I have no idea what he does on a day to day basis and what guidelines Randy has asked him to work under... so could you please inform me on this.

I would like someone to answer this too. McLeish is hated because he's the one controlling how we play, Randy is criticised because he's the one in charge and, ultimately, the good and bad leads back to him, but what has Faulkner done to be hated so much?

Seemingly it is because there is no-one else to blame, or because he's ginger.

Someone please answer PieFacE's question. I have no idea what his job role entails, or what Randy has asked him to do.

Im sensing alot of defence/love for Faulkner. But is this not the man who keeps defending McLeish and the one at the start of the season who was agreeing he was certainly the right choice and he will be good for the club???

Im sensing alot of defence/love for Faulkner. But is this not the man who keeps defending McLeish and the one at the start of the season who was agreeing he was certainly the right choice and he will be good for the club???

Isn't this the same man that stated that European qualification is something that could be achieved this season!

His boss employed Mcleish. His boss has kept Mcleish all season. After a terrible season his boss is going to keep Mcleish as manager.

What do you want him to say?

Lerner is the one with the control and the power.

Â