The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Just reading McLeishes pre match interview on the OS, he really is in a world of his own.

I hope that there is a mega protest on Saturday and he is sacked soonest. His manner, his ways, his lack of personality are sucking the very life blood out of the club. If he stays, Gabby will go and I dont think he will be the only one. Can see Bent and Ireland going too.

Whoever appointed this fool needs lynching.

I can't bring myself to watch or even read the clowns comments.

I want to smash my TV up every time I see his stupid, smug ginger face sat in that dugout.

He's got to the stage now, where I honestly believe he is completely detached from reality.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what we should have done... well, I say 'we' but it seems a us and them policy at this club, so let me rephrase...

Tell you what our incompetent, foolish, genius of an owner should have done?

Clubbed together the money spent on Given & N'Zogbia and slapped it in front of Bill Kenwright. Guzan has proved more than an able Goalkeeper and for what it is worth, N'Zogbia may as well not be here.

I firmly believe if we had offered Everton 'big' money, we would not be facing relegation, we would not have spent the season playing negative dross and under Moyes we would still be looking forward to this so called 'bright future'.

But hey, obviously a Yank with a fat cheque book and a couple of tubby mates knows more about English Football than someone who has played, watched and supported for over 22 years.

All good in theory, but how would we get Moyes to come here and have less to spend than he has at Everton this season?

Just read more of hlebs comments it just confirms are worst fears of he tells the players to hoof and run. Its also no coincidence if were not scoring from set plays if 'the manager is only there for 5 mins and then players dont see him. Drives me mad please hurry up and get him out of our club

All the hype about todays game has been about the return of MON and him pitting his wits against his old foe McLeish. What people seem to have forgotten is the players!

The young Villa players who hardly got a chance under O'Neill should be well up for trying to show him what he was missing out on. On the flip side, you also have 3 ex Bluenoses turning up to try to rub salt in the wounds of McLeish - Gardner, Larsson & Bendtner.

I hate seeing the Villa lose any game but today could be (please God NO!) the worst defeat I ever see. Larsson crosses in from the right, Bendtner knocks it down and Gardner (the one who has always supported Blues) volleys it into the net, much to the delight of his manager who is bouncing up and down on the touchline whilst fist-pumping the air!

Please not that scenario. I think I would find myself doing something very bad if that happened! :cry:

By the way I think Given was an awful signing

Wow, that's an interesting opinion. He's the only decent signing I've seen us make for at least 2 years from my viewpoint.

You do go on to say you don't mind the signing of Hutton and Insomnia compared to Given. Hmm.

For anyone who cares, today's attendance is reported to be 32,557.

This brings the average home attendance this season to 33,842. If my Excel forecast is anything to go by, I'd say the average come the end of the season will be somewhere around 33,400.

I'd like to say well done to McLeish, today's 0-0 draw is the best result he's had against MON in English football.

well if nothing else it puts it all in to a little bit of perspective.

Mr popular failed to beat Mr public enemy No 1

If Martin O'Neill with his fabulous away records can't beat one of the worst Villa Teams for years.... I'll be damned.

.....Its just nice now and again to see a bit of balance put back in to an Arguement.

I'd like to say well done to McLeish, today's 0-0 draw is the best result he's had against MON in English football.

If Martin O'Neill with his fabulous away records can't beat one of the worst Villa Teams for years.... I'll be damned.

.....Its just nice now and again to see a bit of balance put back in to an Arguement.

.....Its just nice now and again to see a bit of balance put back in to a debate.

.....Its just nice now and again to see a bit of balance put back in to a debate.

Bendtner's disallowed goal was onside to be fair :P

There's no doubting he's a decent keeper, the question of value for money though? I mean £5m fee + £15m in wages seems like a bad deal to me

Friedel has just started his 300th consecutive game. I think Given is a good signing, but not necessarily one that we need to make.

The £17.5 million on Given, Zog and Hutton could've been much more effectively deployed.

From today's game, it didn't seem like he got much of a grilling from the crowd. Can anyone that went confirm whether there was any sort of anti-McLeish chants?

At one point I thought I heard the crowd chanting "Alex, give us a wave".

There's no doubting he's a decent keeper, the question of value for money though? I mean £5m fee + £15m in wages seems like a bad deal to me

Friedel has just started his 300th consecutive game. I think Given is a good signing, but not necessarily one that we need to make.

The £17.5 million on Given, Zog and Hutton could've been much more effectively deployed.

From today's game, it didn't seem like he got much of a grilling from the crowd. Can anyone that went confirm whether there was any sort of anti-McLeish chants?

At one point I thought I heard the crowd chanting "Alex, give us a wave".

Yes there were anti mcleish chants

It started off with

"Martin, you're a t***, Martin Martin you're a t***"

then quickly developed into:

"Alex you're a t***, Alex Alex you're a t***"

Â