The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Saturday 17:15, BBC's Final Score.

"We can't expect to win to against a team like Sunderland, with experience and quality in players such as Craig Gardner, Phil Bardsley, Nicolas Bendtner and John O'Shea." In Glaswegian accent. McLeish however added "Alan Hutton was impeccable today, showing the Villa lionhearted spirit. I cannot fault his effort or blame him for the 2 goals that came down his side. He is surrounded by a very inexperienced team."

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a bit of criticism of the fans as well. I'd say we've been proved right over not wanting McClaren. He didn't last long at Forest. We've also been proved right about our current dear manager. McClaren and McLeish FFS.

I genuinely feel, if results go the wrong way, he could be gone by next Wednesday

Absolutely no chance of that. Even with 2 defeats and wins for those below us he wont get sacked before the end of the season.

I do hope you are right though.

I genuinely feel, if results go the wrong way, he could be gone by next Wednesday

Absolutely no chance of that. Even with 2 defeats and wins for those below us he wont get sacked before the end of the season.

I do hope you are right though.

This! No way will he get rid! The only hope we have is if he did let him go and bring in Kevin MacDonald

Whilst I don't mind and I am all for this McLeishOut day if we are safe, this video the group have made got me chuckling and cringing :D. I was half expecting Optimus Prime to pop up half way through the video.

I have always admired Sir raham Taylor but I think he's missed the point here a little. Telling us that McLeish has had no budget is rubbish. Forgive me if my figures are incorrect here but he spent £4m on a right back we didn't need, particularly after Herd put in a man of the match performance the game before the deal was done, at right back! He also spend around £4m on a 35 year old keeper and gave him a 5 year contract. Ok, Shay is decent but he could have given Brad Guzan a bash and spent them money elsewhere. He also brought in Jenas and Keane, having to pay them salaries and probable loan fee's. Are we also forgetting the TEN MILLION POUNDS on Charles N'Zogbia, who McLeish has FAILED to get the best out of!! Yes indeed, the players need a kick up the arse, but the motivation comes from the Manager.

No chance. If we fail to pick up any points, removing him at this point in the season will only continue to rock the boat further and would be unlikely to change much in terms of the points being gathered over the remaining games.

Sadly, we are stuck with him till the end of the season minimal, relegation fodder or not.

I genuinely doubt it'd rock the boat anymore, If anything it'd galvanise the fans from this malaise. Certainly some players would thrive under a new a approach to games.

most of the players would thrive under a new approach

I have always admired Sir raham Taylor but I think he's missed the point here a little. Telling us that McLeish has had no budget is rubbish. Forgive me if my figures are incorrect here but he spent £4m on a right back we didn't need, particularly after Herd put in a man of the match performance the game before the deal was done, at right back! He also spend around £4m on a 35 year old keeper and gave him a 5 year contract. Ok, Shay is decent but he could have given Brad Guzan a bash and spent them money elsewhere. He also brought in Jenas and Keane, having to pay them salaries and probable loan fee's. Are we also forgetting the TEN MILLION POUNDS on Charles N'Zogbia, who McLeish has FAILED to get the best out of!! Yes indeed, the players need a kick up the arse, but the motivation comes from the Manager.
Taylor makes a fairly subtle dig at McLeish setting up not to lose. Yes he adds a caveat, but he still makes the point. I don't think he has missed the point at all. He has just done it cleverly and diplomatically by getting his point across without falling out with anyone on either side of the divide. I think he is acutely aware of the issues at VP but can't really air them all in the press.

No chance. If we fail to pick up any points, removing him at this point in the season will only continue to rock the boat further and would be unlikely to change much in terms of the points being gathered over the remaining games.

Sadly, we are stuck with him till the end of the season minimal, relegation fodder or not.

However things do snowball when tey get a bit of momentum. If reports of Mcleish being replaced at the end of the season intensify in the media - then if there a link that we have lined [for Example Benitez] Mcleish may realise the game is up - and seek a mutual consent payoff - it gonna be [at best] a torrid month for Mcleish - he may actually welcome the exit - provided the 'sweetners' are in place.

He must know his odds of being villa boss season are no more than 50/50

Â