The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Marvellous - another return to work to face colleagues taking the mick out of the Villa, and not a single thing that I can say to defend anything about the performance. We looked like a team who thought that the best possible outcome would be a 3-0 defeat. Would have prefered to lose 8-0 and at least try and mount an attack at some point in the match.

Can't believe that when we signed Darren Bent I genuinely thought that we were only two players off being a really competitive team. I look at the team now and we look like a mid-table Championship team at best. Bent will be off in the summer and if we manage to avoid relegation this season it looks like we'll achieve it easily next season. Still at least we are so bad that none of the big boys will be plundering the team for bargains. I just don't see that Norwich and Swansea and the like will be looking at any of our players and thinking - "hmmm that is just what we need to strengthen our team".

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time has come, the anti McLeish chants have to be heard at the next home game against Sunderland. We can't suffer this fool any longer. If the players get upset by it then so be it. They can't do any worse than they are doing now!

I can see the crowd getting very very ugly if we lose to Sunderland. It would be nice if Lerner was there to see it if it happened but as ever we will have to make do with his pet monkey Faulkner.

I also wish the media would do a real expose of the shit bucket that is our club at the moment. The trouble is they can never get past Saint Martin and the assumption that the fans hate McLeish because he managed Blues

Dont generally listern to talkshite just heard in the car. But one presenter (no sure who it is) said he does'nt no what the point is of Villa at the moment, quickly changed subject by other presenter. I have to agree with this 100%. What is the point, what are we looking to achieve under Mctosser???

Ohh and heard in his interview after the game he wants another 6 points. Not lets get as many as we can! He's more than happy with 6, he'll be lucky with that.

i really wanted to give AM a chance. so i gave him a chance. now i look back and think to myself "what a knobhead i truly was for doing that."

Yes, there were a few who thought the same. Hopefully they have now all realised that they were wrong.

If we fail to beat Sunderland I think the backlash from the fans at Villa Park will come and things will get pretty ugly.
You think? I'm not so sure. We're even worse than last season but the abuse towards the manager has been a lot less severe.

If we fail to beat Sunderland I think the backlash from the fans at Villa Park will come and things will get pretty ugly.
You think? I'm not so sure. We're even worse than last season but the abuse towards the manager has been a lot less severe.

One reason is that there are a lot less people going. How can McLeish take abuse if there is no one there to give it?

Win Lose Or Draw a backlash is needed.

Fully agreed. I think Sunderland have gone off on their summer holidays already so beating or drawing with them shouldn't cause a sudden rush of 'Excitement' and 'McLeish is Brilliant' fever.

The result against Sunderland is not relevant. The anti McLeish chants must be heard and we need to get this incompetent man out of AVFC.

I think people are genuinely scared that we might go down and so are trying to back the team.

I think the anger though is bubbling away under the surface in a lot of people and it will come out either when we are safe or if people see O'Neill take something from Villa Park and our struggle for survival continue.

At the moment McLeish is getting a very easy ride from the fans but I think that could change very very quickly.

I do though also think that the lack of protests against McLeish are at least in part due to fans being resigned to the fact Lerner isn't listening or likely to get his replacement right even if he is sacked.

I think people are genuinely scared that we might go down and so are trying to back the team.

I think the anger though is bubbling away under the surface in a lot of people and it will come out either when we are safe or if people see O'Neill take something from Villa Park and our struggle for survival continue.

At the moment McLeish is getting a very easy ride from the fans but I think that could change very very quickly.

I do though also think that the lack of protests against McLeish are at least in part due to fans being resigned to the fact Lerner isn't listening or likely to get his replacement right even if he is sacked.

Sounds about right.

Problem is, if there is a massive backlash, the fans will just get slated in the media for being against him because of where he came from.

Sounds about right.

Problem is, if there is a massive backlash, the fans will just get slated in the media for being against him because of where he came from.

More than likely but I don't much care what they think, I do care about what this clueless idiot is doing to our club though.

There will be protests at Villa Park before the end of the season I've no doubt.

Sounds about right.

It doesn't matter what the media think. It is our club not theirs and they will do nothing to get rid of McLeish so it is down to the fans.

i really wanted to give AM a chance. so i gave him a chance. now i look back and think to myself "what a knobhead i truly was for doing that."

Yes, there were a few who thought the same. Hopefully they have now all realised that they were wrong.

Lets hope Lerner realises that he was also wrong..... but I wouldnt bet on it.

Â