The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that's the way to do it. Appoint another manager that is good at one thing, getting teams relegated.

Who has Martinez relegated?

On a shoestring, he has single handedly kept Wigan in the premier league and played fairly decent football to boot.

Did you know see Wigan, yes Wigan, play keep ball against Liverpool last week?

So what if they kept the ball and won at Liverpool. Have you not seen their league position? We beat Chelsea don't you know. Are we now saying he's a good manager because Wigan are in a relegation fight all season, Every season just to escape at the last minute? Sounds like fun.

It's to be expected with the funds and the squad they have. In fact, it's an achievement that they even do escape every season.

Like us then? Shit squad, no funds?

I'm listening to the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast and one of the hosts just said 'if there's any justice in football Villa will go down' and I really can't argue with that.

Erm, I can!

If there's any justice we'll go down? Why? Because we have a shit manager and players who aren't playing to the best of their ability because they're uninspired by our shit manager?

It's a ridiculous statement. It makes it sound like Aston Villa F.C have done some harm to people, or gone on a murdeorus rampage or something. If there's any justice? What a stupid thing to say. If there are three worse teams than us in the league come the end of the season then "justice" will have been done. We don't deserve to go down any more than any other team down at the bottom of the table.

What a crock of shit.

If you honestly think that the journo's statement makes Villa out to be murderous marauders then I'm very surprised.

He's saying we are awful to watch and too timid to attack and therefore football fans in general would be happy to see us fall from the limelight of the Prem. Do you really think that's ridiculous?

Yep that's the way to do it. Appoint another manager that is good at one thing, getting teams relegated.

On a shoestring, he has single handedly kept Wigan in the premier league and played fairly decent football to boot.

So what if they kept the ball and won at Liverpool. Have you not seen their league position? We beat Chelsea don't you know. Are we now saying he's a good manager because Wigan are in a relegation fight all season, Every season just to escape at the last minute? Sounds like fun.

It's to be expected with the funds and the squad they have. In fact, it's an achievement that they even do escape every season.

Not sure if serious, but our squads are simply incomparable as are our funds (to a lesser degree).

McLeish has made his bed, he has to lie in it. Any abuse or stick he gets now is fully justified.

When he joined from SHA, it was claimed by the media that his tactics with them i.e. 4-5-1 with an isolated striker wouldn't be an issue at Villa as we had a far superior squad.

Overnight he managed to turn Darren Bent into Cameron Jerome and sit a midfield so deep that the only option available when we do have the ball, is to launch it to our lone striker who finds himself surrounded and give the ball back to the opposition.

On Saturday it was obvious that we needed to get in Arsenal's faces and make it difficult for them to play. We also needed to push up as a unit, whilst keeping it compact in the middle.

It isn't difficult to hurt Arsenal. Playing the ball behind them, turning them around, and pulling the ball back from the byline is the way it needed to be. We have pace in Gabby who can outrun anyone if the ball is played in front of him. Yet, we seemed to be passing sideways, backwards and hoofing with no plan b.

We must be the most boring side in the league to watch. We have quality players who have the ability to pass and create chances, yet it is the same way every week.

My Blues mate told me that it was no coincidence that when Peter Grant replaced Roy Aitkin they started playing the type of football we are seeing now.

Not sure if serious, but our squads are simply incomparable as are our funds (to a lesser degree).

I can find loads of comparisons with the squads. They are both shit. Our players just pick up their wages, they don't give a **** about winning or even trying.

Financially we dwarf Wigan. In fact we are in a vastly better position financially than all the other clubs in the bottom half of the table. Never mind Everton and Newcastle.

Financially we dwarf Wigan. In fact we are in a vastly better position financially than all the other clubs in the bottom half of the table. Never mind Everton and Newcastle.

I'm talking about money to spend without having to sell our best players. We are still in a relegation fight regardless of our financial strength.

I'm talking about money to spend without having to sell our best players. We are still in a relegation fight regardless of our financial strength.

Our squad is miles better than theirs regardless of having to sell our best players (which frankly every club does, see Arsenal for example). We are just not comparable.

Imagine the reaction on here if we all just found out McLeish had been sacked, it would be like we'd won something I bet. The beer would be flowing, there would be jubilation over the extent of peoples relief. Never thought a sacking could provoke such a reaction, but I can imagine it doing so.

Imagine the reaction on here if we all just found out McLeish had been sacked, it would be like we'd won something I bet. The beer would be flowing, there would be jubilation over the extent of peoples relief. Never thought a sacking could provoke such a reaction, but I can imagine it doing so.

Agreed.

I remember Mantis predicting this thread wouldn't get past 666 pages as McLeish would have been sacked by then. 667 and counting :(.

Its 2 certainties that have to happen... Mcleish will go one day and so will heskey.... and me personally im going to buy a big Havana Cigar for both and throw a party.

We signed Given, Hutton, Jenas and Nzogbia. Even without them we have a better squad than many of the teams around us.

All 4 have been poor signings IMO

Wow what a claim. Given a poor signing?

We are a laughing stock though. I get stick off non-Villa mates about why on earth we haven't sacked McLeish yet. It's embarrassing. Doomed to fail, and well-and-truly has.

It annoys me that McLeish drags out the "need to get wages under control" excuse as an underhand way of saying to RL & PF "look, you've not given me much financial backing so how can you criticise me?"

He needs to go now. He has spent £18m on players that have not helped our league position, mostly to no fault of their own. How can RL say we need to tighten the purse strings then employ someone who wastes money so brilliantly as AMC?

And the shit excuse about Young & Downing leaving, I wonder where we'd be this season even with them in the squad.

Which part of this do you not understand?

He has no money

He has one of the smallest wage bills in the league

He is managing Wigan, not any side of pedigree of substance

He still plays football

Doesnt matter how much they avoid relegation by, they avoid it.

If you cannot see what he has done under the circumstances he is in, then you have your head up your arse.

Â