The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Randy only looks good because of who he replaced and the period in our history when he took over.

He has been a complete and utter failure and our future under this idiot looks just as bad as the dark days of doug and DOL.

There really isn't much hope when you look how shocking he has been at the browns.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely true. And what people fail to understand is that Lerner has actually been a failure from the very start, not just the last 18 months. It was him who sanctioned MON's crazy transfers and wages which we clearly couldn't sustain. Our wage bill was higher than Spurs, despite their squad being far superior both in terms of quality and size - yet Lerner gave the go ahead to all these deals.

Only now (or for the last 18 months or so) are we seeing the true fall out from this. He is a complete and utter liability, who knows nothing about football or running a successful sports business.

Anyone else notice how McLeish always talks about the defence and conceding "soft goals" and never about creating more chances? It's always about that or "frustrating" the opposition.

So he is basically against us, because the way he plays he is frustrating us as supporters and not the teams we are playing against

I did laugh though as i kept looking over at the score.

Villa made Walcott look like Messi !! Villa are finished along with the mediocre football we get served.

Lerner should go and so should MCleish. Its actually embarrassing

Randy has now appointed two managers who seem to accept defeat to easily and on a few occasions before a ball is even kicked. This is a very worrying trend that seemed to have developed in Cleveland.

Now I remember when McLeish got the job, I though well at least he seems an ok guy unlike the clueless clearing in the woods Houllier. How wrong was I? He dosent ever seem to take any responsibility for anything wrong with the team. Corners for instance, we are yet to score a goal from a corner this season, yet have conceded the most. A truly shocking stat that any manager should hang there head in shame, these are the **** basics for christ sake.

I still say this. An Aston Villa manager who gets less than 40 points in a season should leave with no compensation with his **** head in the sand and never get another job in football. Yes this is not McLeishs team **** me I hope I never get to see that.

well well well look at this

sound familiar http://www.petitiononline.com/eckout06/petition.html

We, the undersigned, demand that the board of Rangers Football Club either obtains the immediate resignation or alternatively, immediately cancels the contract of Alex McLeish (manager).

We strongly believe that Mr McLeish, has neither the tactical nor the man management skills essential to a club of Rangers calibre.

We hereby state that Alex Mcleish no longers has the support of the Rangers Fans named below.

We believe that the fact that Mr McLeish is still in charge of our club is nothing less than a disgrace, we as fans demand that this situation is resolved without further delay.

We're running out of games where we can realistically pick up results

Unless the team roll up their collective sleeves and wake up to the situation then we could be in deep trouble

The media have noticed.

Merse on Sky Sports has been saying from the start of the season how poor we are and he tipped us as possible relegation fodder. Le Tiss yesterday, again on Sky Sports, stated that we were very poor and alluded to us needing more points to be safe.

Its just that since O'Neill left our present financial state has been widely reported in the media and this excuse is used whenever AM is mentioned.

Shocking season, we are 15 points behind Newcastle, 7 behind Everton and 6 behind Norwich and Swansea. Terrible season, transitional or not. We've been in a transition for 2 years. With the games we got coming up, those teams above us are gonna pull further away.

Unless the team roll up their collective sleeves and wake up to the situation then we could be in deep trouble

Only a few days ago weren't you talking about the green shoots or recovery and us having turned a corner?

Only a few days ago weren't you talking about the green shoots or recovery and us having turned a corner?

Why are you trying to have a go at him for having some hope?

I still cant get my head round some of McLeishs comments after the game. He said something like "people expected us to win here but they need to be realistic" and then he followed it up with "the players need to believe they can come places like this and win."

It's clear that we need a mass clear out of the current crop if McLeish is going to stay - the players we've got seemingly don't work well with him or vice versa ; he's always getting frustrated when we're playing shit but he can't seem to get them to do anything about it.

Genuinely would anyone be up for a protest at vp on a non match day? I can't believe this is happening and it looks like it is just being accepted.

If a date is named soon on a Sunday or something who would come down? It needs to be done

Why are you trying to have a go at him for having some hope?

Yes i did mention green shoots because at least in recent weeks the players looked committed and battled for a few points.

Yesterday they looked a beaten team before kick off and from what I've read from people who actually went to the game (that's not you Trent) it was pretty woeful in terms of effort and application

Â