The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a feeling some humble pie will be eaten for tea tonight for a few on here

Yes, if we scrape a win against the mighty Fulham it will certainly prove that McLeish is actually an excellent manager and our dismal season up to this point can be forgiven with open arms.

homer1.jpg

John, if we fail to win today, will it definitely equal our all time run of games without a home win?

Yes, and as I write it's beginning to look as though number 8 has arrived.

John, if we fail to win today, will it definitely equal our all time run of games without a home win?

Well ... could this be a turning point? If it is, then I'll eat humble pie. :shock:

Wrong Lerg :) ............ wheeeeewwww!!!!!!!

I am relieved I am wrong, Denis!

As things stand I still can't see Villa doing well under McLeish, but I do hope this result causes him to re-assess. Maybe there are one or two players who will save his bacon yet.

That fulham game just saved mcleish job.. Can't wait till next season under Am guidance as manager.

That's also my worry, will Weimann's bundled goal be considered a managerial masterstroke by Lerner?

It has taken until March before McLeish makes the correct substitutions and the first home win for four months, yet some are carrying on like we have won the cup final because we beat Fulham 1-0.

Beating the likes of Fulham, Blackburn, Norwich, at Villa Park should be expected. As will be the game against Bolton.

From what I saw, the win was laboured at best and Gardner and Weimann got McLeish off the hook as the atmosphere was taking a turn for the worse.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day - that is how I look at McLeish, and one win will not change my view of him.

History has proven that teams do not improve under McLeish and I still fear for next season.

As things stand I still can't see Villa doing well under McLeish, but I do hope this result causes him to re-assess. Maybe there are one or two players who will save his bacon yet.

There are one or two players that can save Villa, as was shown today, however I fear that by default will save McEck.

Now the pressure is off I hope to see Weiman, Gardner start against Notlob.

Oh FFS, not the Moyes debate again

He's not and never will come to Villa

Just let it go

Why? You keep defending McLeish despite anybody else with an ounce of football knowledge understanding he is dog toffee??

Eat those words. Eat them all

Oh FFS, not the Moyes debate again

He's not and never will come to Villa

Just let it go

He was lined up to come to us and McLeish was going to replace him at Everton until Moyes changed his mind.

There are one or two players that can save Villa, as was shown today, however I fear that by default will save McEck.

Now the pressure is off I hope to see Weiman, Gardner start against Notlob.

Absolutely. It seems to me that whatever improvements have occurred has been in spite of McLeish, not because of him - Cuellar being another case in point.

BTW, it was stated by Neil Moxley in the Daily Mail today that McLeish has got Lerner's backing and that he will be at VP next season. With money to spend in the summer, too, apparently. Where that will all lead is anyone's guess, though ...

Â