The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

What people think we can or can not get out of the rest of the season is immaterial as it's entirely hypothetical.

The fact is both clubs had 30pts (I actually have the noses at 31pts so there must've been games in hand played...) and people are trying to draw parallels with the noses' season using past performance (i.e. our 30pts) to predict a future relegation. That's certainly the insinuation being given. And I say if they can use that logic then I can use the Villa one. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Both are as pointless as each other.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What people think we can or can not get out of the rest of the season is immaterial as it's entirely hypothetical.

The fact is both clubs had 30pts (I actually have the noses at 31pts so there must've been games in hand played...) and people are trying to draw parallels with the noses' season using past performance (i.e. our 30pts) to predict a future relegation. That's certainly the insinuation being given. And I say if they can use that logic then I can use the Villa one. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Both are as pointless as each other.

Very true, although I suspect come the end of season our total points will be much closer to the 39 Blues got, than the 48 we got. Time, like Johnny Ball, shall reveal all.

"He is doing a good job here and there needs to be patience"

:puke:

who the hell said that? :shock:

Gabby. :cry:

He's probably been pushed by the club though.

Bullshit PR stunt again. "Get the most loved villa player to stand up for our shit manager and we will all start loving him". Yeah, were not that stupid Falkner.

We want him out, its gone to far Mcleish will never have our backing now even with results, cause it'll still be With shit boring football.

Gabby needs to stop doing what the higher ups tell him to.. He's a well loved player and a fan favourite regardless of how he's playing. I would hate for some of the more hardcore McLeish haters to turn on Gabby because to them he's supporting the enemy.. I don't expect it to happen but the way some of the fanbase is behaving it's a concern that it might.

This !!!!

And tbf I've seen Gab in the press before scoring with 3 birds so scoring is never an issue... excuse the pun lol

Gabby really does talk nonsense sometimes though :(

Very true, although I suspect come the end of season our total points will be much closer to the 39 Blues got, than the 48 we got. Time, like Johnny Ball, shall reveal all.

The quality of the football under AM last season (like this) was a tad below expectation as well ... it's not just a stats issue.

When we had 30pts at this stage last season, Houllier was forced to admit to the press that we were in a relegation battle, as we were. Therefore using the comparison to last season to hint towards our relegation prospects, whether this season or next, is very valid.

(BTW don't ever change that Asa avatar ;))

This !!!!

And tbf I've seen Gab in the press before scoring with 3 birds so scoring is never an issue... excuse the pun lol

Gabby really does talk nonsense sometimes though :(

I agree the club have asked Gabby (local boy and Villa through and through) to publically mention this.

To me, it's another deflection by the club and manager at who's to blame for the dire shite served up week in week out - now, it's our turn to be blamed for why we're performing so badly.....FFS!!!!

Just a point. Villa also had 30pts at this stage last year. Just in case anyone's interested.

Interested - not really.

1. Last season we actually started to play football in the last few months.

2. Last season we actually finished 9th.

I can't see McLeish achieving any of the two above.

Hang on a minute... I seem to recall just a couple of weeks ago Gabby was saying that the players didn't really notice the stuff with the crowd, I wish I could find the quote.

Now on the eve of a home game in which McLeish is likely to get stick he says the complete opposite, something stinks about this.

Yes it does Trent,

recently AMc has said it's the players not been ruthless enough, now it's the fans jeering and not attending matches.

AMc has also pointed out numerous times, he's never asked the players to be negative and 'hey look, we're playing with 4 strikers in the 11'....

When will the club be honest and admit, what we already know, AMc is the problem this season?

(I'd take a punt on never!)

Hang on a minute... I seem to recall just a couple of weeks ago Gabby was saying that the players didn't really notice the stuff with the crowd, I wish I could find the quote.

Now on the eve of a home game in which McLeish is likely to get stick he says the complete opposite, something stinks about this.

Yes, you are correct. Gabby came out in the press (after the Wigan away game I believe) and stated that the players are not affected by what the fans are saying as they can't hear them. Hence why I stated that it was pointless supporting them then because they can't hear us (or words to that effect).

Gabby is just spinning the spin that he has been told to spin. Ignore it.

Right here we go...

On Feb 28th Gabby had this to say to the Evening Mail

“The chanting doesn’t affect us, we can’t hear it,” said Agbonlahor.

“We’re just fully concentrating on the game so that doesn’t affect us as a team.

Here

And yet today just 9 days later he has completely changed his stance, its bollocks utter bollocks. Do they really think we can't remember a week ago, just laughable PR in a desperate attempt to get fans behind the under fire manager.

Here its is!

GABBY AGBONLAHOR admits he cannot wait for Aston Villa's season to end.

Boss Alex McLeish faced a barrage of boos from fans still unhappy about the team's form and style of play.

Villa should avoid danger but Agbonlahor, handed the captaincy for the first time, said: "It's one of those seasons you want to get out of the way and get through it.

"Then you rebuild. We know it's going to be difficult but we're battling away as a team.

"The fans are sticking with us with the way they turned out in numbers.

"We can't hear things on the pitch. We're just concentrating on the game so that doesn't affect us."

Does anyone think that the board will act if we lose on Saturday? I just can't see him surviving it if we lost.

I think the former cast of Crossroads can act better than our Board!

Player in asking the team to get behind the manager and players shocker!

Once again people making a meal out of nothing, anything for a moan eh.

What people find odd is that less than two weeks ago Gabby came out and said that the chanting didn't effect the players. Now all of a sudden it does.

Player in asking the team to get behind the manager and players shocker!

Once again people making a meal out of nothing, anything for a moan eh.

What people find odd is that less than two weeks ago Gabby came out and said that the chanting didn't effect the players. Now all of a sudden it does.

He wants to be careful. Most fans still see him as "one of us" but if he carries on making stupid comments like this that won't last. For what it's worth, these comments come less than a week after thousands of Villa fans gave absolutely exemplary support away at Ewood Park. The support was amazing, sadly the second half performance by the players didn't match the fervour of the fans.

There's also the fact that the players by McLeish's own admission were rowing between themselves at half time, so I'd say that maybe the problems lie a bit closer to home, eh Gabby?

Â