The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it means anything but McLeish is now the favourite to be the next PL manager to go on SkyBet at 3/1. He was at about 20/1 over the weekend, although I'm aware this was partly because AVB was clearly the favourite at that time. That said, I have no idea why he jumped ahead of the likes of Coyle, Redknapp and Kean who were all ahead of him even yesterday.

Sadly it's probably just down to a few people believing those twitter rumours and placing bets..That's all it really takes (e.g. think how many different favourites we had to be new manager after Houllier left).

I dunno. Those rumours never got any press coverage. Just seems odd how he's leapfrogged the likes of Martinez and Coyle.

The fact is that after AVB, Mcleish is at this moment in time the one taking up the most column inches in the national media with relation to his position being in question. It is this that has seen him slingshot his way to the top of the market along with the skybet/sportnews/talksport racketeering.

Unfortunately I still see Coyle, Kean etc, and after the chairman's comments this weekend maybe even Martinez, ahead of Mcleish in terms of questionable job security.

Looking at that list above makes me sad because while there are a couple of names on there that overall I don't think would be worth the upheaval, there's not one on that list that wouldn't be at least a small improvement and the vast majority would be massively better.

David moyes may as well pull up a chair and sit next to defoe and miguel

He is never going to be Aston Villa manager

Moyes is 3/1 to be the next Spurs manager - same as Rafa is to be ours. Wonder what made the bookies shorten their odds so much?

I can see Moyes going to Spurs to replace Harry, after the last two appointments Rafa would be a good call, Cannot see Moyes coming to Villa as we are in the same boat as Everton financially.

The only problem is Mc Leish aint going anywhere just yet!

I'm not gonna lie. I wouldn't mind rafa. I said that in the summer too.

*dont shoot me down. Still depressed McLeish is our manager*

If I woke up tomorrow and found Rafa had been installed as our new manager I would actually be delighted.

So happy, that I would probably do a little dance like Cameron Diaz did in her Spiderman pants in Charlies Angels, only for me to catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror, after which I would have to sit in the corner of the room thinking about what I had done for the rest of the day... :o :oops:

Very little of this would be due to FSW mind you, just the removal of le Ginge!

David moyes may as well pull up a chair and sit next to defoe and miguel

He is never going to be Aston Villa manager

Moyes is 3/1 to be the next Spurs manager - same as Rafa is to be ours. Wonder what made the bookies shorten their odds so much?

People betting same as always.

Mcleish should be favourite to go next anyway - what you see is a simple market correction.

Would Whelen really sack Martinez after the loyalty he shown previously? Can't help feel a little smug at Wigan's predicament after what happened in the summer. They were much better under Steve Bruce anyway.

What is interesting is why Rafa Beneitz is so much shorter than the rest. Must be a really thin market. I'd love Rafa here I'm glad people say they "wouldn't mind" him - honestly! Reality check please he would be a huge coup for us and thus, is unlikely to happen :(

Tactically exposed by Steve Kean on Saturday. Surely that must be the final nail in his coffin!

We dominated first half, mainly due to the inclusion of the two attacking players that he has discarded for the last few games - SI and the Zog - and the exclusion of Heskey BUT when Kean made his changes - Dunn and Olson - McLeish didn't have an answer. Taking the energetic Herd off - even if he was tiring due to his first game in a while - for an attacking CM'er was not the answer!

I'm not sure why people think Rafa would come to us having seemingly rejected our advances in the summer.

In fact given the direction of the club, the limited funds and the on going requirement to cut wages I'm not sure many people would be all that interested in the job at this moment in time.

One improvement we can make right now is if Mcleish takes to just saying "wibble" in his post-match interviews.

Oh, I thought that is what he was saying!

I must get some new batteries for my bollocks translation machine.

What's all this talk of Rafa?!

Bookies have him as favourite to be the next Villa manager, not that the bookies are ITK or anything.

Oh please let the bookies be right and let it be very soon!

One improvement we can make right now is if Mcleish takes to just saying "wibble" in his post-match interviews.

Oh, I thought that is what he was saying!

I must get some new batteries for my bollocks translation machine.

I'll translate for you in the meantime;

"This is a crisis. A large crisis.

In fact, if you've got a moment, it's a 12 story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24hr portrage and an enormous sign on the roof saying this is a large crisis.

A large crisis requires a large plan.

Now get me Emile Heskey and a pair of Right Backs."

What's all this talk of Rafa?!

Bookies have him as favourite to be the next Villa manager, not that the bookies are ITK or anything.

Oh please let the bookies be right and let it be very soon!

Ex Liverpool manager Rafa 'the spanish waiter'Benitez?I thought their was a clear hatred for any previous managers who had managed Liverpool?

Cheski fans chanting Jose Mourinho's name against the Boggies may have helped seal AVB's fate. Perhaps we could chant for a former manager against Fulham if it has the same effect. Now what was Dr. Moser Venglos' song again....

Â