The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you mention those 2 games...interstingly enough had we took our chances in those games we would be sitting in top half of the table

So you're happy with how the season has gone and just think we were a bit unlucky in a couple of games? Really?

Of course im not happy but i can see there is clearly a lack of quality in the squad and its not all mcleishs fault. That is all.

im not going to argue about the lack of quality in the squad because its there for everyone to see, but thats only half the story, this squad isnt the 15th best in the prem, not in a month of sundays, this squad is nowhere near as bad as he has us playing

I'm not ITK or anything and this is only a hunch but I reckon we could wake up tomorrow to find out McLeish gone.

Crickey - really..! In some ways I hope not as I think that could really rock the boat.

Has anyone heard if he has resigned..?!

Wishful thinking I think.

Short of the stress affecting his health or his family life, he isn't quitting. As much as he's terrible, I think he's just not the type to give up. Especially not if he has millions of pounds riding on it.

I hope you're right though. I seriously think that getting rid of him would give the players a boost.

I'm not ITK or anything and this is only a hunch but I reckon we could wake up tomorrow to find out McLeish gone.

Crickey - really..! In some ways I hope not as I think that could really rock the boat.

Has anyone heard if he has resigned..?!

To be fair you can't really rock the boat when it's sinking!

Rocking the boat anyway could do us some good as what is currently happening is not doing us any good

Fun fact (or sad to be honest): With 11 games to play we no longer stand even a mathematical chance of winning the PL this season. 36 points behind City with 33 to play for.

Could this be some kind of record for us in recent years? If so hats of to Lerner and McLeish, well done!

Lack of quality?? or lack of use of the quality we have available

ireland, nzog, gabi, bent

all used incorrectly 90% of the season....

poor managment.

mcleish in the last few games has thrown away his dignity as a manager and succumbed to all the stero types of his managerial style.

disgraceful team selections and bad relationships with players are all coming to show his poor skills.

i used to blame the players but seriously he's becoming a servere problem.

to be fair today he set up in a decent manor; if you ask me ireland and nzogbia need to be utilised a lot more and create an understanding of eachother

which could unlock the key to our success if we can get those 2 and gabi and bent firing.

i posed this on approx page 54 of this thread and 1 by 1 he has proved so many of my arguments wrong.

"Ive been following this thread now for a good 2 months so i cant see how anyone will agree with this post looking at the stick mcleish has got over his time in charge

Mcleish was doomed from the start as villa manager unless he won all of our first 7 games of the season which everyone deemed as "easy" fixtures. Apart from now in the premier league there is 6ish good teams and then the rest are fighting between themselves. Us bieng one of these average teams.

As soon as mcleish had played a few games everyone stuck with the stereotype of him bieng a defensive minded manager.

I can see that he is focused on building a solid defence but i cannot see how people call him defensive. picking nzog gabi bent and ireland in my eyes is no way defensive, and people can say its his tactics but he is not controlling these players whilst on the pitch and they are all attack minded so he cannot surely make them be defensive themselves.

Then when they perform badly going forward the hotle end calls for "super marc albrighton" who if you ask me has 1 good game in 10, and his crossing of the ball is mediocre.

I just think that no other manager would have done any better than mcleish, people say they dont want him cause he got relegated, but they want martinez? the man who is on the way to getting wigan relegated?

Our real problem is the fact that instead of buying 4 - 5 quality 10 - 20m pound players we are now stuck with many average unused players who we have now got to get rid of. There is no way people can question randys commitment to this club, he just backed the wrong man.

Not saying I am a huge mcleish fan but there is not anyone who would have done much better with the side we have, we just have to hope that in the coming seaons we can rebuild again.

anybody agree? "

there is only so much the players can account for and theyre not bieng used to their strengths because of an incompetent and unwilling gentelmen on the sidelines.

Randy, you dont know much about "soccer" clearly but listen to the bread and butter of the club (the supporters) and please remove this man from the club.

Lack of quality?? or lack of use of the quality we have available

ireland, nzog, gabi, bent

all used incorrectly 90% of the season....

poor managment.

mcleish in the last few games has thrown away his dignity as a manager and succumbed to all the stero types of his managerial style.

disgraceful team selections and bad relationships with players are all coming to show his poor skills.

i used to blame the players but seriously he's becoming a servere problem.

to be fair today he set up in a decent manor; if you ask me ireland and nzogbia need to be utilised a lot more and create an understanding of eachother

which could unlock the key to our success if we can get those 2 and gabi and bent firing.

i posed this on approx page 54 of this thread and 1 by 1 he has proved so many of my arguments wrong.

"Ive been following this thread now for a good 2 months so i cant see how anyone will agree with this post looking at the stick mcleish has got over his time in charge

Mcleish was doomed from the start as villa manager unless he won all of our first 7 games of the season which everyone deemed as "easy" fixtures. Apart from now in the premier league there is 6ish good teams and then the rest are fighting between themselves. Us bieng one of these average teams.

As soon as mcleish had played a few games everyone stuck with the stereotype of him bieng a defensive minded manager.

I can see that he is focused on building a solid defence but i cannot see how people call him defensive. picking nzog gabi bent and ireland in my eyes is no way defensive, and people can say its his tactics but he is not controlling these players whilst on the pitch and they are all attack minded so he cannot surely make them be defensive themselves.

Then when they perform badly going forward the hotle end calls for "super marc albrighton" who if you ask me has 1 good game in 10, and his crossing of the ball is mediocre.

I just think that no other manager would have done any better than mcleish, people say they dont want him cause he got relegated, but they want martinez? the man who is on the way to getting wigan relegated?

Our real problem is the fact that instead of buying 4 - 5 quality 10 - 20m pound players we are now stuck with many average unused players who we have now got to get rid of. There is no way people can question randys commitment to this club, he just backed the wrong man.

Not saying I am a huge mcleish fan but there is not anyone who would have done much better with the side we have, we just have to hope that in the coming seaons we can rebuild again.

anybody agree? "

there is only so much the players can account for and theyre not bieng used to their strengths because of an incompetent and unwilling gentelmen on the sidelines.

Randy, you dont know much about "soccer" clearly but listen to the bread and butter of the club (the supporters) and please remove this man from the club.

I agree with some of what you have posted - we are lacking in quality, but I do think, regardless of the personnel on the pitch, that McLeish sets the team up defensively.

Our worst fears have come true unfortunately. I said it before, but if you speak to most honest SHA fans they will tell you the same thing - he persisted with 4-5-1 with Jerome isolated up front and the midfield so deep that they struggled to get out of their own half and the ball kept coming back.

I spoke to my SHA mate last night and he told me that McLeish bowed under fan pressure to play 4-4-2 in 2009/10 as they were not creating any chances at 4-5-1 and that it proved to be a turning point. They went with Jerome and the Mexican guy (Benitez was it) leading the line with pace which opened up chances for other players. Plus they had Joe Hart and the team looked far more balanced over all. He switched it back in the new year and they only won 2-3 times after Christmas.

The following season (last year) McLeish reverted back to 4-5-1 and made it clear that he wasn't prepared to change it back, whether the fans chanted 4-4-2 or not.

He also said Roy Aitkin's departure coincided with their poor form, as did the arrival of Peter Grant.

Look at where they ended up. Says a lot really.

I am just hoping that Randy finally comes to his senses, realises the mistake he made, and put it right by getting rid of this clown.

All these people calling for mcleishs head... Can one of you tell me what good it would do to sack him now and more importantly who could we get to replace him? And please dont say kevin mcdonald

Alan Curbishley?

To be fair, Dave at number 47 woudl be a better option than this muppet.

This "who would we get to replace" argument is begining to wear thin. How many times has it been asked and answered, but 10 pages later, up it pops again.

Sent out differently? What does that even mean? Do you honestly think mcleish tells them to go out there and be shit for the second half?

Blackburns response to us going a goal up against a team playing at home is normal...do you think theyre gonna just roll over and let us win? They managed to get a late equaliser, fairplay to them. There are no easy games in this league and when the squad is as ageing and average as ours then it makes things harder. We havent got the players to go on and batter them 3 or 4 nil. Especially with Bent out as well. If N'Zogbia hadnt managed to put us a goal up (who also gets slagged off on here left right and centre btw) then i cant see where a goal is coming from. Nowt to do with the manager, we just havent got he players

Tired and easily refutable argument. Been done numerous times.

It did make me smile though, laughable.

Â