The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Blackburns stats all you want it means nothing. I see you fail to mention they beat United at Old Trafford. They have it in them to play well. Seems that happened second half today, afterall, theyre fighting for their lives in this league against a squad of similar quality sk always had it in them to nick a goal.

the league table says EVERYTHING i need to know thanks, do you think if they get relegated they will all say " ah yes but those stats mean nothing, we beat man utd"?

of course they wont, they will look and think " why did we keep this idiot manager who is clueless"

if the stats were after 3 games of the season then they would be mostly worthless, with 11 or so games left to go, i would say those stats are pretty much the be all and end all, and come the end of the season they are the things which decide who goes down.

27 games gone, 30 points, 15th place.

I can't believe there are fans defending mcleish.

agree

stats are awful, watching us is even worse, i cant believe fans are happily eating up the shit mcleish has served up in his press conferences this week

"i dont tell the players to play negative" yeah **** right, how many of our players are in our box during set pieces? 11 of them, every time

im not having it that the likes of baggies/norwich/swansea have better squads than us

We should have won the game easily, just didnt take our chances. And whats this about sitting back in the second half?? As far as i could see we had chances in the second half too. Seems people are making shit up to justify mcleish getting the sack. Pathetic.

We should have won the game easily, just didnt take our chances. And whats this about sitting back in the second half?? As far as i could see we had chances in the second half too. Seems people are making shit up to justify mcleish getting the sack. Pathetic.

Yes, clearly pathetic to be unhappy with this season. What should we do? All jump for joy?

We had a very good 1st half, at HT the opposing manager made two changes and we didn't adapt to them. You don't think that's anything to do with the manager?

Another game without a win, still sitting in 15th place.

yeah we did have chances in the 2nd half but thats because blackburn were absolutely **** dire! worse than wigan last week and i dont think anyone was expecting them not to be better 2nd half or to have a good period of pressure but it was from the kick off, like someone had flicked a switch and we decided to play completely different

you can say blackburn were fighting for their lives etc but thats now several times its happened this season, newcastle for an example we were shit in the 2nd half, we were well out of it and no subs came (MONs downfall all over again) when the subs did come they were the wrong ones, nzogbia will be pissed off again, if he can see that players arent keeping up with gabby and he is isolated then change the formation or change the personel, dont do nothing and then identify it in your press conference, and my what really grinds my gears 11 players defending every set piece, just invites pressure and shows the other team we are sitting back

Interestingly, we've only lost one more game than Arsenal this season so it appears the the stereotype of McLeish teams being hard to beat and harder to watch is true. The key issue is that we're simply not going forward and attacking enough. If McLeish either let the players off the leash and attack, or figured out a way to squeeze one or two more goals out of the current set up (set pieces?), we'd be fine.

Dress it up how you want, we just arent taking our chances. Its that simple. Sacking mcleish will not suddenly turn all those missed chances into goals.

hang on, today and maybe QPR at home you can label as not taking our chances, what about the other games?

does bent still have the fewest touches/minute in the prem? with gabby also in the top 10

we arent 15th because of not taking our chances, we are 15th because we play shit horrible negative football

Â