The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

After reading the latest shit from Mcluless we are in for some shocking signings over the summer.

I'm concerned about this season being relegated but as he has stated again we have to sell to buy and pay low wages then it's going to mean some dross in C&B however how you get lower than Hutton, Heskey, Collins, Warnock isn't easy but I'm sure that Mcluless will achieve it. Just in time for us to go into free fall next season.

I don't think there has been a worst time in the 45yrs I have followed Villa.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all very meh at the moment for me. I've always gone into the weekend with football on my mind and especially looking forward to the Villa playing.

The past few months I don't even know who's playing until 3pm on a Saturday and to be honest i'm bitter about how badly our club has declined over the past couple seasons. I know i'm probably being a little over dramatic but hey-ho.

It's not really the fault of McLeish either, at the end of the day - he was offered a great oppurtunity to make a massive step up from a horrible little club to one with fabulous tradition, international players, a global reputation and a reasonably wealthy owner. All he did was accept and sign on the dotted line.

He said: 'We have already made plans to bring some players in. We have looked at a lot - Bosman signings but of good quality.

Smacks of having no money to spend.

Well it hurts to say this but there must be money as Bosmans come with a high signing on fee and usually higher wages as there is no transfer fee involved - not necessarily overall the cheapest option - but if course the manager and board know best :)

Number of pages before he's sacked?

I'm going for 666.

I'm just worried there will be a 1 in front of that thus 1666 pages, as I'm deeply worried he will be here next season

There are, of course, some Villa fans out there that think that AM-not just needs to be given more time - that he'll turn it round once he's brought in his own players (his Bosman signings presumably).

Discuss. :shock:

Paul F: 'Oh No! The fans are unhappy with you, Alex. I just wish this ex-Birmingham City thing would just go away....'

Alex M: 'For Gods Sake, not you too. Is Randy the only one left?'

Paul F: 'No! I meant the fans obvious prejudice towards you. You can't win a game of football to save your life? So what? I've got an idea- they all love transfer speculation. Tell them that we're going to be signing players in the summer...

Fans: 'yeah, I'm sure they will be just as good as Alan Hutton and you'll get them playing just as well as you did with Charles N,Zogbia.

Sick of all the PR and shit. It's hilarious the lengths tHey'll go to. He's lost the trust, confidence of fans. And rightly so. He's becoming not only a hate figure but one to take the piss out of. Just get rid.

"I've not got a magic wand and I don't think there are a lot of managers who could do a lot better than the job I am doing just now."

**** off.

This quote in absolutely terrible from AM. It's at once completely dillusional and insulting.

Paraphrasing

'this club and its players are so shit, even a reincarneted Brian Clough couldn't do a better job than me. And he wouldn't anyway 'cause I'm better than him and Fergie combined'

Villa have allowed themselves to be and act just like Birmingham FC so now we are in a free fall plight just like them with their ex manager so its our own fault were in this mess.

To be honest i just cant see a way out either until Relegation is confirmed.

After the Houllier appointment i certainly didn't have faith in Lerner then and i never will do after MCleish when fans made it crystal clear they didn't want him as he is a SHIT manager and tbh apart from Randy's millions he's shown his footballing knowledge is totally inept.

Villa have allowed themselves to be and act just like Birmingham FC so now we are in a free fall plight just like them with their ex manager so its our own fault were in this mess.

After the Houllier appointment i certainly didn't have faith in Lerner then and i never will do after MCleish when fans made it crystal clear they didn't want him as he is a SHIT manager and tbh apart from Randy's millions he's shown his footballing knowledge is totally inept.

To try to put some balance into this ...

It is clear that the board had to do something about the finances. The fact that the finances were not controlled properly before is of course relevant, but once it's done it's done - you then have to put in corrective measures.

They then needed to appoint a manager who would work with little team investment for at least one season ... but as other managers they may have approached were not interested in the 'little financial help' scenario it appears that McLeish was the Hobson's Choice.

Now if the board decide to continue with McLeish for next season is the critical point here. The omens seem to suggest that McLeish will stay, otherwise yet another payout will be due from Randy.

I can only see that an appropriate letter to Randy (with plenty of counter-signatures) is going to be the only way out for a change of course after this season.

To try to put some balance into this ...

It is clear that the board had to do something about the finances. The fact that the finances were not controlled properly before is of course relevant, but once it's done it's done - you then have to put in corrective measures.

They then needed to appoint a manager who would work with little team investment for at least one season ... but as other managers they may have approached were not interested in the 'little financial help' scenario it appears that McLeish was the Hobson's Choice.

Now if the board decide to continue with McLeish for next season is the critical point here. The omens seem to suggest that McLeish will stay, otherwise yet another payout will be due from Randy.

I can only see that an appropriate letter to Randy (with plenty of counter-signatures) is going to be the only way out for a change of course after this season.

Good post i see your point :)

For anyone that's seen Drive, this is how it should go.

'sorry, we're going to have to let you go, I'm just going to write down the compensation for you and your backroom staff down on my hand........'

You have to think about who is advising Randy and PF. In any business especially football they supposed to have a experienced team of advisors, so maybe we should shoot them first. Can you imagine the conversation........?

We pay compensation to our rivals to hire a manager destined to fail.

While worrying about relegation we can't afford to sack this manager because we've just spent £12 million paying off others.

I can't stand Mcleish but all the blame and all the anger must be directed to the board.

We pay compensation to our rivals to hire a manager destined to fail.

While worrying about relegation we can't afford to sack this manager because we've just spent £12 million paying off others.

I can't stand Mcleish but all the blame and all the anger must be directed to the board.

At Villa we should never give a manager more than a two year contract. Why we insist on throwing money at managers and players is anyones guess lads. I would go to the lower leagues and shell out on a few decent players with fire in their bellies rather than prem already made millionaires.

McLeish: Not many could do better

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish has defiantly claimed that few other managers could do a better job than him at Villa Park, and he has heaped the pressure firmly on the shoulders of Gabriel Agbonlahor to ensure the club avoids relegation this season.

Villa are in the midst of a tortuous campaign, currently sitting 15th in the Premier League - eight points above the bottom three. A 0-0 draw with bottom club Wigan last time out hardly helped the cause, making it two wins from their last 11 in the league.

McLeish was always facing an uphill task when he took the reins at Villa, having previously managed local rivals Birmingham. However, he is convinced the current criticism coming from the fans is both unhelpful and unnecessary.

"This is probably my biggest test in football and I include Rangers in that, when you're expected to win every week," McLeish said in the Daily Mirror. "I've not got a magic wand and I don't think there are a lot of managers who could do a lot better than the job I am doing just now.

"I'd be lying if I said it [the criticism] didn't bother me and it was easy to handle and there was no pressure whatever. That would be total fabrication but I believe I'm strong enough and I've got the experience to handle it.

"It would be a major disappointment if the fans were to affect the players. We are in the business of results and we need to get them."

Key to that mission, in McLeish's eyes, is Agbonlahor. The England man began the season on fire but has not scored a league goal since November, and in the absence of Darren Bent and Robbie Keane, McLeish wants his striker to step up.

"There is again a big responsibility on Gabby. He is now one of the senior players here in terms of Aston Villa history," McLeish said. "He is man and boy Villa. I think this season Gabby has risen to the expectation levels and I believe he can take it to another level.

"Losing Darren, Keane and Richard Dunne is just something you can't legislate for. That's a huge blow to any team, losing three players of that experience, but I believe we've got the players who can see us okay for this season and we've got to build next season.

"I've always said this season would be a tough challenge and that's the way it has panned out. Now we have to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get the Gabby Agbonlahors and Stephen Irelands of this world really coming to the fore."

Â